What are people's opinions here on Mass Effect 2?

SpellAndShield

Loved both games very much but ME 2 more... i still got to finish it again though due to...

having some important characters die on me like Gaurus

He died? What did you do?

Simple ...

messed up picking up the teams near the end of the game, at least i hope that's why... i think it wasn't because i chosen him for the romance (i use a female char)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved both games very much but ME 2 more... i still got to finish it again though due to...

Simple ...

messed up picking up the teams near the end of the game, at least i hope that's why... i think it wasn't because i chosen him for the romance (i use a female char)

Thats what I feared when I played for the third time but he still lived.

You have to choose him to lead the teams twice. On the second part he gets shot in the gut but still lives.

This is how you put a spoiler (just copy the code inside the grey area and insert your text between the two tags), edit your post better not to spoil it for anyone :P.

[spoiler] *insert text here* [/spoiler]

Simple ...

You have to choose him to lead the teams twice. On the second part he gets shot in the gut but still lives.

I did it! Hurray!

Thanks. :biggrin:

Simple ...

I did it! Hurray!

Thanks. :biggrin:

She tries to kill you? How, when? etc? :wacko: (Yes, spoil me)

Got all the DLC last night...definitely adds some punch to the game; my adept is loving his Blood Dragon armour....

In the very end, you are suppose to be saved by the people who are loyal to you. If you don't have their loyalty, you could get shot (I think, someone check this up) or got left behind at the collector's base, where you will extreme sky dive to your death

Yea the DLC's really add something to the game.

In the very end, you are suppose to be saved by the people who are loyal to you. If you don't have their loyalty, you could get shot (I think, someone check this up) or got left behind at the collector's base, where you will extreme sky dive to your death

Yea the DLC's really add something to the game.

The problem is because this is the first time I have ever played any sort of Mass Effect (2), I didn't understand the paragon/renegade options...and I have low about even on both. When I try to get Miranda to talk to me again there are paragon and renegade options but they are not high enough to get her to start talking to me again. I am not sure what to do. I think when I play my next playthrough I will go completely renegade (with a vanguard), that way at least I will always have that option.

Any tips on maximising either renegade or paragon meters?

Any tips on maximising either renegade or paragon meters?

Pursue every quest available to you. Also, ALWAYS stick with whatever moral extreme your going for. It seems like there are just barely enough opportunities to max out one or the other, so don't waste even the smallest chance to be an angel or a$$hole.

I actually found the entirety, except those scanning mini games to be better.

Then we agree that the mini game sucked at least.

I liked the approach to combat this time around. Combat didn't feel as if it was tacked on as an afterthought

Point conceded. The first games lack of actual ammunition for the weapons, was a detractor.

and the way skills were handled was just pretty damn awesome. In the first game I barely used skills, because, well, it felt tedious. I'm not entirely sure what makes ME2's skills feel less tedious, but it just is easier to use.

The skill system is pretty much the same, so i'm not sure I follow on why it would be easier. My beef was that skills leveled up super fast, and the point system felt plain wierd compared to the first games.

I LOVE the ammo thing, I much prefer reloading than having to take breaks in between shooting, or waiting for an overheated gun to cool off.

Agreed. Ammo management was a welcome combat mechanic.

The characters weren't as varied or fun as ME1,

We'll have to agree to disagree, since this is more of a personal preference thing that we could debate in circles all day.

though the ones that carried over from ME1 made a nice comeback. And I was a bit dissapointed with not having Wrex by my side again.

I agree with that.

But, on the whole, I found ME2 to be a much more satisfying experience than ME1, and for once I didn't get mad that a game ended on such a cliffhanger note.

I disagree with that, but again, its a preference thing.

The game wasn't overly long, but it hit the perfect balance in such a way that I didn't long for some more game time, but actually longed for the next installment.

I felt like the game was WAY too short. I finished it in less than 20 hours on my FIRST play-through, and that was completing the VAST majority of the quests available. IMO that's just far too short for any RPG.

Got all the DLC last night...definitely adds some punch to the game; my adept is loving his Blood Dragon armour....

The Blood Dragon Armor is win, its the only one i used while playing the game, while i did look at others imo they didn't compare in looks at least :P.