What are people's opinions here on Mass Effect 2?

SpellAndShield

There are saves with max paragon or renegade in the official forums for ME1(I know it's there but I can't find it at the moment). You could download those and transfer it to ME2 (as they give +190 paragon or renegade depending on choice) plus it hook both games together. I recommend that you get ME and start from the beginning to feel the whole story from start.

Here are some ways to max para/ren points from the wiki

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Morality_Guide_%28Mass_Effect_2%29

and a guide for the final mission

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Stop_the_Collectors:_Defeat_the_Collectors#Defeat_the_Collectors

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are saves with max paragon or renegade in the official forums for ME1(I know it's there but I can't find it at the moment). You could download those and transfer it to ME2 (as they give +190 paragon or renegade depending on choice) plus it hook both games together. I recommend that you get ME and start from the beginning to feel the whole story from start.

Here are some ways to max para/ren points from the wiki

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Morality_Guide_%28Mass_Effect_2%29

and a guide for the final mission

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Stop_the_Collectors:_Defeat_the_Collectors#Defeat_the_Collectors

Hmm...so in your expert opinion, should one try to go either/or with regards to such points?

Hmn...not sure if I could go retro and play Mass Effect...would have to see...it's not that old is it?

Like strike said, the graphics are not bad but if you are hoping for patches I must warn you that BW doesn't support ME anymore with patches and there are only two DLC (just for the heads up). Besides it will start the story and you can pretty much finish the game in two or three days (If you're fast enough) and you pretty much understand why some people of the official forums are displeased at BW for ME2 (which is pretty much ridiculous if you ask me, but still...).

Like strike said, the graphics are not bad but if you are hoping for patches I must warn you that BW doesn't support ME anymore with patches and there are only two DLC (just for the heads up). Besides it will start the story and you can pretty much finish the game in two or three days (If you're fast enough) and you pretty much understand why some people of the official forums are displeased at BW for ME2 (which is pretty much ridiculous if you ask me, but still...).

I agree with that last part, ME2 was not a dissappointment, its one of the best games around in its genre. Some people just don't know a good game if you ask me.

I agree with that last part, ME2 was not a dissappointment, its one of the best games around in its genre. Some people just don't know a good game if you ask me.

Yes, I frikkin' love this game. I am finally at the collector base, do or die time.... :thumbsup:

Yes, I frikkin' love this game. I am finally at the collector base, do or die time.... :thumbsup:

Already? God you speed freak!

Good luck, and its intense isn't it? Is your heart beating?

Don't you love the opening scene of when you enter the Omega 4 relay? I love it when Joker freaks out because there is an immediate field of debris threatening to demolish the Normandy. Then you have those annoying laser bots. And then the Normandy crashes which got me thinking the first time"Dear god its over, their going to kill us! LOL! ;D I love this game so much."

Don't you love the opening scene of when you enter the Omega 4 relay? I love it when Joker freaks out because there is an immediate field of debris threatening to demolish the Normandy. Then you have those annoying laser bots. And then the Normandy crashes which got me thinking the first time"Dear god its over, their going to kill us! LOL! ;D I love this game so much."

Yes, that last mission is super intense. I just beat it. The music is awesome, the speech he gave was too. Here are my thoughts aftet beating the game:

I played through on insanity on EVERYTHING except two parts of the final mission; the heat valves because I just couldn't take the collectors out in time to prevent Tali from frying and she was beginning to annoy me, I mean she keeps screaming to not let her hang and stuff and well, I wasn't I was too busy fighting off dozens of collectors so I just wanted to finish that part and switched it up to normal. Then the final mission husk battles; even being an Adept with singularity, there were just too many of them; I tried 20 times but they always managed to get through my line of fire and beat me down...maybe a different class might of had a better chance. I don't know but I switched it to normal for the husks on the final mission (though not the other ones in the game). The final final battle was easy...I just spammed Throw knocking the collectors off the the platforms and also discovered a bit late that the cool down on that power is half that of Warp, which is more powerful but you can keep on doing Throws that way...hmm. No one died, even though Miranda was not loyal (I never was able to get her to talk to me again, oh wel, first playthrough; wil do at least 5 others one with each class and maybe more playing a chick Shepard).

Now I am wondering if Cerberus is going to hunt me down in Mass Effect 3 since I chose to blow up everything and the Illusive man was very angry with me...I am almost sure it will have an impact on the next game...ok, that's that for now...will see if this completion bonus thing is true....

Ohhh... Miranda is going to betray you in ME3. As for Cerberus, they wont hunt you, they will just be pissed at you. (That's my personal opinion)

Yes, that last mission is super intense. I just beat it. The music is awesome, the speech he gave was too. Here are my thoughts aftet beating the game:

I played through on insanity on EVERYTHING except two parts of the final mission; the heat valves because I just couldn't take the collectors out in time to prevent Tali from frying and she was beginning to annoy me, I mean she keeps screaming to not let her hang and stuff and well, I wasn't I was too busy fighting off dozens of collectors so I just wanted to finish that part and switched it up to normal. Then the final mission husk battles; even being an Adept with singularity, there were just too many of them; I tried 20 times but they always managed to get through my line of fire and beat me down...maybe a different class might of had a better chance. I don't know but I switched it to normal for the husks on the final mission (though not the other ones in the game). The final final battle was easy...I just spammed Throw knocking the collectors off the the platforms and also discovered a bit late that the cool down on that power is half that of Warp, which is more powerful but you can keep on doing Throws that way...hmm. No one died, even though Miranda was not loyal (I never was able to get her to talk to me again, oh wel, first playthrough; wil do at least 5 others one with each class and maybe more playing a chick Shepard).

Now I am wondering if Cerberus is going to hunt me down in Mass Effect 3 since I chose to blow up everything and the Illusive man was very angry with me...I am almost sure it will have an impact on the next game...ok, that's that for now...will see if this completion bonus thing is true....

My first playthrough was not good.

Legion and Miranda died, but everyone else including Shepard pulled through. I also kept the Collector base. In my second playthrough, everyone lived and I blew it up.

I give the game five stars(out of 5) it was very impressive. :thumbsup: