Question about the Ashes

Utotri

Cheating! I'm telling on you :ohmy:. At least there is a difference in the game and real life and that being that it has a save option and you could redo it over and over again,

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell away :laugh: :laugh: what ever it takes. I don't normally use cheats but this was massive :woot: :woot: and it's :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: to BW, EA, Duncan and Morrigan.

At least I don't run around with jacked up armour and weapons for the sake of winning on really really hard. I do like the mordsith outfit and I believe that adds 1 to everything so that was a necessary evil.

Oh by the way, I tried asking Loghain to leave but it doesn't have that option.

Thats just it tho, nobody plays the same way, with the same mindset, as others do. Some of us that do RP, even have different mindsets, for different characters. I swear that some of my guildmates in mmorp's thought that there was either several different people sitting at my computer, or that I was with a multiple personality disorder, and needed serious mental help! (the latter part of the latter statement could always be true, hahahaha)

My first warrior, was the "do the right thing" help everybody out, win the day, and look good doing it, type.

My second warrior, her motivation was combat. Pure and simple. The "Sure, I'll do it, cause it lets me fight some more!" type.

My elven mage on the other hand.... while I wouldnt say that she's angst ridden, she's the type that will do it because yes, it does help people, but she might not be happy about having to do it. And she will tell people that! (if/when the game allows). She's the "yeah yeah yeah, lets get this over with so I can go play" type. Who will tell you "And if you dont like it, you can go sodding BITE ME!"

Then there's the evil characters who are out for thier own gain, and serving thier own interests.

I've tried being different characters like that, but I can't do it. Part of that could be that I've never played an RPG more than once until now, but my character can change through the game depending on the mood I'm in if it's been a particularly bad day, it's a good job there isn't a function to fight anyone that ticks you off or I would be forever reloading games or half of Ferelden would be dead. It's the same with the PCs I don't *kittie kittie* foot around them either if I'm in a bod mood they cop it along with everyone else.

On a serious note, have you considered you might have multiple personality disorder :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

@StarDusk; I "get" the sig, I just don't agree with its premise. (Plus, I can't stand Loghain! :down: ) How about, "Durch den Tod (mai) wir finden Sühne"? The "mai" would more accurately reflect my intent, but would weaken it as a motto. Mottos need to be emphatic.

@DarkWolfe; You are correct that my "Happy Endings" remark was expressing my appreciation for the complex storyline, with the protagonist not just being given "easy" choices. It was not specifically a continuation of my reply to Utotri. As my opening lines for that post indicated, I totally understand the frustration with not having a chance to try something "obvious" in a particular situation. I tend to subsume that frustration into my role-playing by mentally equating such limitations in the game's choices of available actions to the uncontrollable forces in RL. You know, "I was on my way to pick up my medicine at the Pharmacy but the car broke-down and my mobile phone's battery ran out and they close in 10 minutes..." I can (and do!) get mad, but that doesn't fix the car or get the meds or cure me of the Taint. :(

@Ell; Oh wow! I never thought to go back to Camp post-coronation. Now I'll have to try that myself and see if there isn't some way to ensure that he stays dead, dead, DEAD! ;D

@Ell; Oh wow! I never thought to go back to Camp post-coronation. Now I'll have to try that myself and see if there isn't some way to ensure that he stays dead, dead, DEAD! ;D

That would be great, like you said dead is dead and I prefer him in that condition. Typical he picks the worst place to stand when there is a shed load of empty space he could stand in. If we can't get rid of him permanently any chance of moving him into the cess pit at the back of the camp :laugh:

There is only you could get rid of him ell, kneel before Alistair and ask for his forgiveness. Well that's what I did when I finished the game with Loghain left alive and Alistair became king.

There is only you could get rid of him ell, kneel before Alistair and ask for his forgiveness. Well that's what I did when I finished the game with Loghain left alive and Alistair became king.

Well... There is no, let me repeat that, NO way I am asking Alistair's forgiveness for anything. Ever. If it weren't for me he'd still be crying over Duncan and wondering why the rest of the Grey Wardens hadn't come to his rescue.

If that's going to be his attitude, His Majesty King Alistair can kiss my ... hand, if I deign to extend it to him!

Well... There is no, let me repeat that, NO way I am asking Alistair's forgiveness for anything. Ever. If it weren't for me he'd still be crying over Duncan and wondering why the rest of the Grey Wardens hadn't come to his rescue.

If that's going to be his attitude, His Majesty King Alistair can kiss my ... hand, if I deign to extend it to him!

I enjoy sarcastic comments Thandal and yes that previous one was suppose to be sarcastic but that is the power of the Internet I suppose. You could always come up to Alistair and slap him on the face and tell to him to grow up and act like a man for once. Ohh how I wish if you could say such comments in the game.