Weapon stats transfer/switcher

Maegfaer

I think it would be very hard to do such a thing in-game. It might require some pretty hefty OBSE scripting.

It would, however, be very easy to make or alter a mod to give the stats you want to the weapon you like.

If you learned a bit of modding, it would be easy for you to do.

Otherwise, I bet that if you posted the specifics of what you want, then somebody would be happy to make the mod for you.

I think it would be very hard to do such a thing in-game. It might require some pretty hefty OBSE scripting.

It would, however, be very easy to make or alter a mod to give the stats you want to the weapon you like.

If you learned a bit of modding, it would be easy for you to do.

Otherwise, I bet that if you posted the specifics of what you want, then somebody would be happy to make the mod for you.

Actually it would be pretty easy to make. You just clone the two weapons, so they have unique formID's and changes will be stored in the savegame, and no other weapons will be affected. Then you just use the OBSE functions GetWeaponReach/SetWeaponReach, GetAttackDamage/SetAttackDamage, GetWeight/SetWeight, GetWeaponSpeed/SetWeaponSpeed.

In addition to that, a check with GetWeaponType could be in to make sure you can't transfer stats between onehander/twohander and blunt/blade/bow/staff.

Okay okay, I'll make it myself then...

EDIT:

Done:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=32378

I was under the impression that you wanted a universal mod that would work on all weapons at all times and all places. If I understand you correctly, your mod is a bit more limited, and can therefore be more easily built. But it really doesn't matter how you get there just as long as you get the weapons you want.

I was under the impression that you wanted a universal mod that would work on all weapons at all times and all places. If I understand you correctly, your mod is a bit more limited, and can therefore be more easily built. But it really doesn't matter how you get there just as long as you get the weapons you want.

Hmm what do you mean with universal? The mod I just created can be used on any weapon. There is just one catch, and that is that the new weapon will have a different FormID, but as far as I know it is impossible to get around that if you want the changes be saved in save game.

If you have suggestions to expand the features, I'd love to hear it.

• 6 months later...

I suppose sinse you have worked with GetWeaponReach, you will be able to help to my problem.

I have made the following script to get weapon's reach but the results i get are wrong.

For example if i have equiped a dagger (reach: 0,6000) the engine turns me 0,5000. Same if i use Warhammer (reach: 1,3000) and it turns me that it has 1,0000.

I wander why ti gives me lower values...

(The script is attached on actor but i get the same if i use it on me.)

ref NPC

ref Weapon

float WeaponSkill

set NPC to GetSelf

set Weapon to NPC.GetEquippedObject 16

set WeaponSkill to GetWeaponReach Weapon

MessageEX "WeaponReach: %2.5f" WeaponSkill

This post has been edited by Oblis: Yesterday, 09:15 PM

I have made the following script to get weapon's reach but the results i get are wrong. [...]

First I just want to mention that the menus don't always accurately display true values. For example: The encumberance value listed in the in-game inventory menu is wrong. This can be proven by the mod HUD Status Bars and looking at the default Encumbrance bar included in the INI.

With that said it; Why not just use the mod Display Stats?. It displays the information you seek, reach, plus much more. Such as value ratio, health, script effects, etc... This mod is made by the same author as HUD Status Bars, TheNiceOne, and his work is always top notch so I'm sure the mod is as accurate as the game will allow. You could just use this mod to get the information you seek or if you want to continue work on your mod you may want to take a peak at how TNO is doing it in Display Stats and ask him for assistance. He's very supportive of his mods and helps users when he can.

Thanks for replies!

Actually i dont want just to get the values. I m trying make a script that will put weapon and armor limitation to some classes. I managed to get the value, but i have problem by using it inside an IF statement.

I think like Ecnubrance, this value may be change according actors stats., but i m not sure.

ATTENTION: 0.8000 is OOO value. But even if i try Vanilla its is not working. I dont get the message in console, although the message on screen turns the right value to me, for every weapon i have tried.

An example is:

ref NPC

ref Weapon

short WeaponType

float WeaponSkill

Begin GameMode

set NPC to GetSelf

set Weapon to NPC.GetEquippedObject 16

set Weapontype to GetWeaponType Weapon

set WeaponSkill to GetWeaponReach Weapon

MessageEX "%1.5f and %.0f" WeaponSkill WeaponType

If ( WeaponType == 2 ) && ( WeaponSkill == 0.8000 ) <-- NOT WORKING