My 2.000th Post

Eiries

Hello. This is my 2,000th post. To most, it probably doesn't mean anything. Indeed, it's not that big of a deal.

But I decided I would try to make my 2,000th post special.

I've been here for almost six years now, so reaching 2,000 has taken me a while. I remember when I first joined this site... sorta. It was called "Morrowind Source" back then, I believe. I was already an avid fan of Morrowind and got most of my mods through Morrowind Summit (now Planet Elder Scrolls,) but I wanted more. Not necessarily more mods, but just more in general. The Summit felt rigid and stale. I didn't realize it back then, but I think what I wanted was simply a community.

When I found Morrowind Source, I was ecstatic. Not only did it have tons of good stuff, but it actually took up my whole screen. There wasn't ads flanking both sides and a pile of links everywhere to unknown destinations. It was clean, efficient, and full of good stuff.

I am User ID: 35431. That means there was already about 35,430 users already there. That may seem like a lot, but compared to today's numbers, it's barely a drop in the bucket.

Fast forward about five years, ten months. Today, there is well over 1.6 million users here, spanning across multiple domains and a good handful of download servers. It's certainly bigger than I remember. But I'm still here, and I still love Morrowind Source. I mean, TES Source. Eh. TES Nexus! Pretty close. At this point I simply refer to it as "The Nexus." My home away from home. A home that is filled with some of the nicest, most generous people I've ever met. And some of the most creative minds I've ever witnessed.

But it's also a place where occasional unsavory individuals may pop up, spewing thoughtless, selfish verbal assaults across the sites. It's unavoidable with this many people here that you won't get a few bad eggs here and there. I've seen friends leave because they have grown weary of these "trolls." And not just here, but everywhere. The trolls that deem it necessary to share their extremely biased, unwarranted opinions to the world. The trolls that think they have the right to every mesh and model they see in a picture, and whine when they can't have it. The trolls that have no respect for the good people here, and exploit their hard work despite their simple requests not to.

But I could never give up on this community. Too many good people.

So I guess that brings me to the point of this post: thank you.

Thank you to the stalwart moderators and admin for keeping the peace, be it clean up duty or making sure we're safe here.

Thank you to the countless creative modders out there working their butts off creating amazing content... and being kind enough to share it without asking for more than a click of the "I want to endorse this file" button. Sometimes, not even that.

Thank you to the many members out there, from the silent downloader to the hidden peacekeepers that have grown not to be shy of the "Report" button. Every one of you help make this place great.

And thank you to my friends here, who are both kind and helpful in so many ways. I would invite any one of you into my house for a coffee or two without a second thought. You know who you are.

...So, I guess that's it. My 2,000th post. I hope I'll be able to make many more.

Thank you, everybody.

Well that's my goal for sure, congratulations in you're advancements in rank in post counts, i made a thread like this before but was scalded for it by LHammmonds i think.

They Don't like this kind of thread, sigh.

I would keep it to you're self next time.

Or post it in you're sig or something.

Congrats, I hope you'll at least double the ammount :thumbsup:

But at that rate, I'll be- no, wait, still nowhere near yours. XD

Well that's my goal for sure, congratulations in you're advancements in rank in post counts, i made a thread like this before but was scalded for it by LHammmonds i think.

They Don't like this kind of thread, sigh.

I would keep it to you're self next time.

Or post it in you're sig or something.

It wasn't meant to be a "whee, look at my post count" as much as it kinda just got me reminiscing about this place, and thanking everyone for making this place as great as it has become.

I don't think they'd get upset at that. :smile:

Thanks for the feedback guys, but no need to congratulate me. That wasn't really the point. Just spend a moment of your time to be thankful we have such a great place filled with great people.

It might be an alternative to have a topic where everyone can post in if they reach a certain milestone.

I know, I know. Congrats Elries :). but still.

I know, I know. Congrats Elries :). but still.

I hate when my point is lost. You joined the same general time as I, User ID: 44385. You've seen this place grow and develop over time as well. I guess maybe I should have swapped the title and subtitle. I'm not looking for a pat on the back. Hell, over half of those are commenting on images.

I just wanted to make it count for something and take a moment to reminisce and thank everyone here. It's good to every now and again, y'know?

I wasn't meant negative :smile:, earlier to others as they might follow.

I find it a great topic in general and thank you to that. You do deserve a pat on the back though :biggrin:, if you want it or not.