Request for Mod Help

nikmoore

Hello all,

I have only the smallest most basic amount of knowledge when it comes to modding fallout 3. I got an idea for a weapon mod, and tried to throw something together. Pretty much everything's there, I just can get it put together properly. When I try to add it using GECK, it doesn't show up properly, and for whatever reason I cannot get the sound file to work at all.

If someone could put it all together, I would be greatly appreciative. I was thinking it would be somewhere between a regular hunting rifle and Ol' Painless as far as stats go. Better zoom than a standard hunting rifle, but not as much zoom as a sniper rifle. I figured it could be a good starting accurate rifle for stealth characters, and would probably have it for sale at Moira's.

I got the idea for this weapon when someone added a silenced hunting rifle using a bottle, but realistically it doesn't work that easy (it could work with some padding inside the bottle, but that would throw off accuracy, and would only be good for so many shots). I remembered from a Tom Clancy book (can't remember which one), when the main character uses a series of smaller cans with 3mm holes drilled in them to use as baffles (they fit together like those Russian dolls), which was fitted on the barrel of a .22 pistol. With the small round, longer barrel, and sealed breach, this should be a realistic poor-man's suppressed sniper rifle.

Once again, if someone would be willing to do what I'm sure is just a small amount of work, I would be very grateful. Should just need to throw together the *.esp, and if you really want to be a badass, the model could probably be cleaned up just a little (but that shouldn't be necessary).

If you're interested, please send me a PM or e-mail me at [email protected]. Provide me with your e-mail address, and I will send you the *.zip file with all that I have so far in it.

Thank you in advance!!

The scope mesh and texture comes from einherjrar's 20th century weapon pack.

Crosshair mesh is from IronicEcho's crosshair pack.