Blank or downsampled arrows' on-hit sounds?

Mazena

Heyas all.

I've been struggling with this problem as long as I have been playing Oblivion - which is almost since the day it was released. Every time my character or an NPC shoots an arrow and it hits something, anything, my game stutters. It is a similar problem to the stuttering when four-legged creatures roaming around cause stuttering. There is a fix for the creatures, but not for the arrows. So, I'm asking if someone could make such a mod or instruct me on how I could make it (I know nothing about modding). Pretty please!<3

And yes, I have a Realtek onboard sound device, on my Asus P5K motherboard. Pretty much everything else in the game is smooth and plain fun. And this is kinda bothering since I love playing as an assassin character that specializes in bows and daggers.

I'm counting on the awesome community of Oblivion!

- Mazena

Aw, come on... ;__; It shouldn't even take long for someone who knows what they're doing, and it would improve the performance a lot for us who use onboard sound devices. Plus I'm getting desperate, been waiting for a couple of years for a fix to surface, but nope.

If you just wanna replace the arrow's on-hit sounds, why don't you do it yourself? Just download or use the Sound Recorder to make a blank file, find the arrow's on-hit sound name, name it that, replace it, run Archive Invalidation, and BOOM! Done.

• 4 weeks later...

Because even something as simple as this is too hard for someone like me? Sure, I can do it if someone game me very specific instructions on how to do it, but in the end it would most likely faster for them to do actually do it than to advice me on how to do it.

Is Sound Recorder a program's name or should I use just any sound recorder out there? How and where am I supposed to find the sound file's name and replace the file with my blank one? I have to run Archive Invalidation? It's no good that I've already run it a couple of times when installing mods - of which some don't even work yet. Like the one that should make all things visible on LOD and some texture replacement mods.