Fallout 3 power armor for Oblivion

Veilera

Ikr dude? For once theres armor that aren't made to be all sexy and sedusive.... xD

Not that theres anything wrong with sexy seductive armor, but power armor is more for the big weapon lovers amongst us and less about the.. other desires.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ikr dude? For once theres armor that aren't made to be all sexy and sedusive.... xD

Not that theres anything wrong with sexy seductive armor, but power armor is more for the big weapon lovers amongst us and less about the.. other desires.

Exactly. Like miniguns, gattling lasers, missle launchers, and the Fat Man ^_^ no reason I would use the fat man in fallout 3 :whistling:

Hmm I just realized something. didn't the Fat Man name come from the name they used on the nuke in the war named Fat Boy?

No, the three first atomic bombs were Trinity (first), Fat Man and Little Boy are the second and third atomic bombs (these were the ones detonated over Japan).

HEh, in the Japenese version they had to change the name from Fat man to Nuka Launcher, because they got sued for making an offensive game to japan lmao

Also, it was Codename:Fat man for the nuke :P

I'm willing to make some power armor. However it'll have to be lore friendly, so it won't look like fallout 3 armor at all. I will make Dwemer steam-powered armor, if someone can draw up some passable concept art. It doesn't have to look like Morrowind stuff, so people can take creative license.

According to lore, the Dwemer tech of the Morrowind region only works within a certain radius of the Heart of Lorkan (?? i didn't check my lore here, too lazy atm but it's close), while the Dwemer of Vollenfell (Hammerfell) use steam technology, because they were outside that radius.

Why in the name of the nine divines did I feel the need to tell you that, you may ask (if you are a TES lore dork, that is). To illustrate that the armor cannot be from Morrowind and be useful in the rest of Tamriel. It would have to come from Hammerfell, therefore it will not look exactly like the stuff from Morrowind. It will be more like the stuff in the game Redguard, which features Hammerfell Dwemer ruins. The downside to using that stuff as absolute lore is that the Redguard game is old and very blocky in detail. Not to mention the textures... let's just say they were good for their time and leave it at that. Point is that potential concept art just needs to be lore friendly and have a Dwemer-like theme, and I'll make the meshes.

Also some scripting ideas would be nice. For instance, a way to have the "enchantments" fueled by water and some Dwemer heat trick, maybe using a coherer or some such device to turn water to steam to recharge the suit? Or maybe something different.

Thinking about it, some discussion on the enchantments, or "functions" if you prefer, for the armor would also be helpful.

• 2 months later...
Here is my horrible concept art! lol. On the cuirass part, where it looks like it has fins, those are pipes for steam to come out of. The boots have pipes too, then the towershield does too. The gauntlets have two on each side where it is like a flat dagger on it. Then the helmet has two pipes on the top. Then the face area has a visor with eye slits with a little skin exposed.