Why do people hate on dwarves so much?

SpellAndShield

I don't dislike dwarfs I even like Ogren when his approval is high enough. I just don't want to play one, I don't want to be the size of a child and the width of a ?. I've never played a dwarf in any game ever not even a half human/dwarf and I have no intention of playing one in DAO and I don't care what I might be missing, the story line or the trophies.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered another dislike. It is the condescending attitude on the part of many of them. Far too many of them think they are hot s*** on a silver platter when they are barely cold turds on paper plates. Just spoke to the Capt of the Guard in Orzammar Commons - his parting line and the tone of his voice... Let me get him in the proving; oooops, did his head come off? Silly me :whistling:

I just remembered another dislike. It is the condescending attitude on the part of many of them. Far too many of them think they are hot s*** on a silver platter when they are barely cold turds on paper plates. Just spoke to the Capt of the Guard in Orzammar Commons - his parting line and the tone of his voice... Let me get him in the proving; oooops, did his head come off? Silly me :whistling:

I think I just figured out why most people don't like dwarves. :confused:

I've always liked dwarves. The DA dwarves are one of my favorites specifically because they're so different than the humans of Ferelden. It's nice to play in an origin, in a city, that is in fact NOT the same as it's human counterpart.

I like dwarves -- especially Sigrun -- I just don't enjoy playing one myself. Feels kinda weird to be a fearsome warrior who's the same size as Kylie Minogue.

This right here makes me think of a situation down in the deep roads where I've met up with the team of the Dead Legion. Right before entering the darkspawn fortress. Here they've got like, 7-8 guys fighing off a squad of DS and doing "ok" at it. While I'M over on the other side of the bridge WIPING THE FLOOR with 3 much larger groups of them. BY MYSELF, with a lil bit of long-range support.

Can they even admit that we wardens have our DS killing reputations for a reason? Or that I made their fighting skills/abilities look like a pre-schoolers? No. They still stand there acting all high and mighty. All they can say is something to the effect of "not bad" (sorry, its been a while since I played).

Do very many of them make much of a point that I kicked the butts of their best fighters and sent them crawling off with their tails tween their legs in the Provings? No.

Why? My characters believe its cause they're too darned full of themselves to even consider that a "topsider" could be a superior fighting machine than they. They been in the stone so long that they got rocks in their heads.

... Can they even admit that we wardens have our DS killing reputations for a reason? Or that I made their fighting skills/abilities look like a pre-schoolers? No. They still stand there acting all high and mighty. All they can say is something to the effect of "not bad" (sorry, its been a while since I played).

Do very many of them make much of a point that I kicked the butts of their best fighters and sent them crawling off with their tails tween their legs in the Provings? No.

Why? My characters believe its cause they're too darned full of themselves to even consider that a "topsider" could be a superior fighting machine than they. They been in the stone so long that they got rocks in their heads.

Don't get me started on the ingratitude of my "Allies". :verymad: You'd think the Dalish could do a bit more than grudgingly admit that I'm not a total jerk. And the Circle sure seems to be made up of a bunch of little boys and girls who need someone to wipe their noses and kiss their boo-boos.

Now that I think on it, the only ones to stand-up and fight for themselves are the villagers in Redcliffe (after a little leadership from yours truly) and the only one to really express any appreciation of my (ok, "our") efforts overall is,

(wait for it...)

Anora!

I just wish that out of all the annoying voices in the game (and there seems to be at least one that sets everyone's teeth on edge. Just not the same someone's for each of us. :P ) hers were not the one giving my valedictory and, (depending on choices made along the way) eulogy!

That scene Darkewolfe mentions really ticked me off as well, there you are 4 people fighting for every inch of that bridge at the start and they just stand there, presumably thinking 'well we will pick off anything that gets through' which in my case is nothing because I would rather die than let any DS get passed me. First play through I even paused the game so I could look back expecting them to be right behind me and they are no where to be seen.

Are you kidding me?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE dwaaarfiess!!! <3<3 The women are adorable and there's just something about the men that makes them lovable too. Well, at least the nice ones who don't act like pompous jerks. Like the Warden. hee hee <3

The only thing I don't like is how so many people get treated like crap in dwarven society, and how everyone is constantly killing each other over the pettiest sh*t, and all the damn favouritism and crap... and, you know. Just about everything about dwarf society, I hate.

And I especially don't like how a dwarf Warden gets an extremely cold, and even downright nasty reception upon returning to Orzammar later in the game (regardless of whether you're a common or a royal dwarf, but naturally the common dwarf gets treated the worst.)

Are you kidding me?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE dwaaarfiess!!! <3<3 The women are adorable and there's just something about the men that makes them lovable too. Well, at least the nice ones who don't act like pompous jerks. Like the Warden. hee hee <3

The only thing I don't like is how so many people get treated like crap in dwarven society, and how everyone is constantly killing each other over the pettiest sh*t, and all the damn favouritism and crap... and, you know. Just about everything about dwarf society, I hate.

And I especially don't like how a dwarf Warden gets an extremely cold, and even downright nasty reception upon returning to Orzammar later in the game (regardless of whether you're a common or a royal dwarf, but naturally the common dwarf gets treated the worst.)

Ummmmm... So just what is it about the Dwarves that you do like? :P

(Had to laugh! After all, my avatar is my favorite PC, a Dwarf Commoner Rogue. :yes: )