Why do people hate on dwarves so much?

SpellAndShield

I dont like the caste system , and the dwarfian politics are ruthless, but playign dwarves are fine, except the cut scenes [ vanilla] constantly cut my character off at the eye level. so its like she isnt in the movie so to speak, that annoys me, and i get annoyed with suddenly when i go to kiss a human Im as tall as him! teehee. but minor things. That said I TOTALLY dislike oghren due to his typecast belching/farting falling over drunk.

He is a good fighter and has a few good lines, but overall i prefer to leave his booty in camp. usually i get him so late in game anyways its hard to build up a high rapport. I save and give him every liquor i cna find and even some dog bones. HAHA.

I really like playing the casteless only becuz it is overcoming the horrors of that traumatic and sad life. I think so far [ have not palyed the dwarf all the way thru yet { i like elves and humans myself LOL } the most iconic moment was after the proving fights and u drop the helmet to the ground, and the upper class see that a casteless destroyed them all.

I hope it proves as good when we destroy the darkspawn. I ran back to orzamar [ spelling?] first this time, but i cnanot do the tunnels without a cheat at this level, so ... I have downloaded some super awesome weapons! teehee. the dwarfs are interesting as a rule, altho im totally not into so much facial hair lol , but i dont mind playing them, overall !

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE dwaaarfiess!!! <3<3 The women are adorable and there's just something about the men that makes them lovable too. Well, at least the nice ones who don't act like pompous jerks. Like the Warden. hee hee <3

The only thing I don't like is how so many people get treated like crap in dwarven society, and how everyone is constantly killing each other over the pettiest sh*t, and all the damn favouritism and crap... and, you know. Just about everything about dwarf society, I hate.

And I especially don't like how a dwarf Warden gets an extremely cold, and even downright nasty reception upon returning to Orzammar later in the game (regardless of whether you're a common or a royal dwarf, but naturally the common dwarf gets treated the worst.)

I dig dwarves, especially the blokes, playing one just feels powerful; you see their freaking arms? They're huge! I wish I were that huge in real life. Nothing like a dwarven warrior with his battle axe.... :thumbsup:

Well dwarf society just sucks for the most part, and how easy it is to get screwed over and have everyone suddenly hate you... but I just love playing as a dwarf for some reason... being a dwarf makes my char more unique, and I just love being the short little hero/heroine. It hard to explain. :biggrin:

And yes, male dwarves are extremely sexy with them big strong arms. Lol :tongue:

Are you kidding me?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE dwaaarfiess!!! <3<3 The women are adorable and there's just something about the men that makes them lovable too. Well, at least the nice ones who don't act like pompous jerks. Like the Warden. hee hee <3

The only thing I don't like is how so many people get treated like crap in dwarven society, and how everyone is constantly killing each other over the pettiest sh*t, and all the damn favouritism and crap... and, you know. Just about everything about dwarf society, I hate.

And I especially don't like how a dwarf Warden gets an extremely cold, and even downright nasty reception upon returning to Orzammar later in the game (regardless of whether you're a common or a royal dwarf, but naturally the common dwarf gets treated the worst.)

I dig dwarves, especially the blokes, playing one just feels powerful; you see their freaking arms? They're huge! I wish I were that huge in real life. Nothing like a dwarven warrior with his battle axe.... :thumbsup:

Trust me, having arms that big really don't mean much. I could bench press 300 lbs when I was 19. Now at 39, benching that much doesn't mean a whole lot. :unsure:

Trust me, having arms that big really don't mean much. I could bench press 300 lbs when I was 19. Now at 39, benching that much doesn't mean a whole lot. :unsure:

Depends, as I lift regularly it means a lot to me and will for a while I reckon.

May I ask how tall you are? If you are short then that is a very impressive number.

5'9", weigh 225 lbs. I was the center on my football team and wrestled when I was younger. Played on the scout team for a year in college (tranlated= tackle dummy at fullback). Anymore I work out 3 sets of 10 reps at 220. Doubt if I could press 300, nor any desire to anymore. Back then, I powerlifted to help my blocking, but since I don't play ball anymore there's no need to lift that much. As for the dwarves having arms that big, it limits mobility, so if you have a rougue character with arms that size he better be really fast to keep up.

Why are you all so much older than me? :unsure:

Because our parents got busy before yours did :tongue:

Haha, sorry.... I just couldnt resist. :whistling:

Yeah. Some of our allies could definitely show a lil more gratitude.

And I can't say that I hate the dwarves... I mean, they're the ones who I always summon to help me fight the AD. Or more to the point, the DS minions that it summons. Tho on some occasions, its flown in and a legion of the dead SWARM him/it. Thats just both impressive, and kinda funny, to watch. Not that humans are much different comparing scale on the AD, but for some reason whenever I see that, I think of that movie where a midget yells something like "I'll bite off your kneecaps!".

This right here makes me think of a situation down in the deep roads where I've met up with the team of the Dead Legion. Right before entering the darkspawn fortress. Here they've got like, 7-8 guys fighing off a squad of DS and doing "ok" at it. While I'M over on the other side of the bridge WIPING THE FLOOR with 3 much larger groups of them. BY MYSELF, with a lil bit of long-range support.

Can they even admit that we wardens have our DS killing reputations for a reason? Or that I made their fighting skills/abilities look like a pre-schoolers? No. They still stand there acting all high and mighty. All they can say is something to the effect of "not bad" (sorry, its been a while since I played).

Well, two things. One, unlike the player the Death Legion NPCs do their fighting without the 'long-range support', without spells, heals and the heal/mana pots. Two, their commander is a boss level character -- this means even in terms of simple numbers he's objectively stronger, has more hp and can hit harder than the player's own character. So yes, from their point of view the player isn't really anything special and this view is quite justified. Compared to their style of fighting the PC can come across as bit of a sissy, especially if he then throws a tantrum like that when they call it as they see it rather than start kissing his feet for killing a few darkspawns.

That said, they do acknowledge good fighter when they actually see one. The topsider sword side-quest shows that.