TES4 EDIT help!

Ulyssess

[00:07] Background Loader: Error: unknown record type GGGG

[00:07] Background Loader: Fatal: <EAssertionFailed: Assertion failure (P:\TES4Workbench\wbImplementation.pas, line 10262)>

what does this mean? I got it while loading TES4 Edit. Originally Im trying to play Oblivion again, but it won't work because I tried using CFF Explorer but it kind of broke or stopped letting the use of Oblivion.

Hi,

first of all make sure you have latest TES4Edit (it should be mmm 2.5.3 I think).

Then, the error may be caused by bad mods/plugins. To find the faulting one, you should proceed by starting TES4Edit and select just one or two mods. If no error comes in, reload adding another three-four more, until you get the error again. Tell us your results so we can help more.

OK I tried your method Axel, but it still semmed to show the error. So I tried TES4Edit with just the Oblivion.esm and I still got the error. Is that normal?

This is strange.

Which operating system are you on? XP or Vista/7?

Oblivion may give some strange problems if installed under Vista/7 into the default partition. If this is your case, you should move the Oblivion folder into C:\Games\something.

Is yours a Steam version, by the way?

This is strange.

Which operating system are you on? XP or Vista/7?

Oblivion may give some strange problems if installed under Vista/7 into the default partition. If this is your case, you should move the Oblivion folder into C:\Games\something.

Is yours a Steam version, by the way?

Operating on Windows 7. Whats the difference between the steam and regular bought, or mount or whatever?

Windows 7/Vista may cause problems with default directories (everything under Program Files for example) because of UAC. Usually if you move the Oblivion folder outside, let's say in C:\Games\Oblivion, UAC does not interfere in there. I asked about Steam because IIRC it has still a different install method which may interfere (but I never used it, so I cannot say nothing more).

Searching around I saw the same error of yours (a thread on Bethesda forums) a few times. Every time it was a bad/corrupted mod or something similar. Unfortunately this is not your case, because you tried with no mods loaded. May your installation/hard disk be corrupt? Try with a scandisk/check for bad clusters, just to be sure.

[00:07] Background Loader: Fatal: <EAssertionFailed: Assertion failure (P:\TES4Workbench\wbImplementation.pas, line 10262)>

what does this mean? I got it while loading TES4 Edit. Originally Im trying to play Oblivion again, but it won't work because I tried using CFF Explorer but it kind of broke or stopped letting the use of Oblivion.

Did you also try CFF Explorer on TES4Edit or just Oblivion?

Somehow (possibly relating to your use of CF Explorer) your installation of Oblivion (and the Oblivion.esm itself) seems to have been corrupted. It seems likely that you will need to uninstall Oblivion, clean up the debris, and then reinstall Oblivion and your mods again. Since you are running on Win7, this might be a good time to move your installation of Oblivion from the default location to a different (non-system) directory such as c:\Games\Oblivion to avoid problems with an overprotective UAC.

Somehow (possibly relating to your use of CF Explorer) your installation of Oblivion (and the Oblivion.esm itself) seems to have been corrupted. It seems likely that you will need to uninstall Oblivion, clean up the debris, and then reinstall Oblivion and your mods again. Since you are running on Win7, this might be a good time to move your installation of Oblivion from the default location to a different (non-system) directory such as c:\Games\Oblivion to avoid problems with an overprotective UAC.

what's cleaning up the debris?

Uninstalling Oblivion (and many other programs) leaves entries in the Windows registry that cause problems. There are also the files left behind that Oblivion will not remove as a part of the uninstall process (such as Oblivion.ini).

BBen46 has written a complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus....icle.php?id=240 . You might want to take a look at it.

Uninstalling Oblivion (and many other programs) leaves entries in the Windows registry that cause problems. There are also the files left behind that Oblivion will not remove as a part of the uninstall process (such as Oblivion.ini).

BBen46 has written a complete uninstall/reinstall procedure located in the articles section of the Nexus

http://www.tesnexus....icle.php?id=240 . You might want to take a look at it.

OK the guide is very useful, and I am using the guide. But there is one problem, I can't find my Oblivion Disk, or I lost it, so what should I do?