Just curious

triveck

Why are most armor mods that look cool for females? JW can someone explain that to me?When MOST ( pls dont flame me for this i did say MOST!!!) Gamers are Males i mean i see a lot of female gamers..but not as many as men..so why all the female armor? wouldnt a man want to play aman character to represent themselves?..someonepls explain this to me^^

people like to watch their female characters prance around in skimpy unrealistic armor. They get off on it. Most of them are men. Women gamers I know play realistic characters. Which are just as good as vanilla characters.

When i play and RPG like Oblivion i like to make the character represent me and what i like..and as far as i know im not a woman and i would like REALISTIC MAN armor. I was looking around the nexus and all i could find was female armor this and that! grr iw ant man stuffs lol

Blame Tomb Raider.The truth is that a majority of people who play any video game are males and they are single and young. A married person with children will think about what his kids will see when he plays a video game. I do dislike having to sort through twenty sets of "armor" to find one set that I could play with a nephew looking over my shoulder and not worry about offending his parents. I really dislike any cup size that is larger than the HGEC "E", because that is usually attatched to an unnaturally thin waist and hips.Having said this,I have two saves that are males.I have played a female since Morrowind.I have tried many of the armor/clothing replacers for the HGEC body,but I always reinstall a version that is just vanilla with more curves. I have used most of the adult mods on TESNexus, but I will remove them after I become bored with them.I tend to criticise mods for not catering to a female player.If a female wants to use G.D.S. for her male character she should be able to. I also hope this topic does not end up being closed due to "flaming" and Trolls.EDIT Separating armors and clothing into three sections might make searching easier. males only,females only, and normal. triveck If you want some "Conan" armors look up the Apachii heroes store or type "slof "in search.

I can offer a psychological perspective, and a realistic perspective that results from the former.

Jungian psychoanalytical theory offers the "Anima" segment of the male psyche, a feminine aspect within the male that manifests as both a buffer to the conscious and subconscious, and as a alternate voice when men seek answers. This may lead to a hidden desire for men to role-play women. I will be honest, and say I, as a straight male, enjoy role-playing women in RPG's (The one exception is an MMO, in which case, my avatar corresponds to my own stature.)

The skimpy clothing is wish fulfillment. If men do desire to role-play the female, as I do, then we role-play them to what we would find desirable. This is in no case realistic, but rather what the male subconscious wishes to personify in a female avatar.

I'm not going to flame or berate anyone for choosing to play a female character with skimpy armor, nor will I berate anyone who looks down on them. If I may offer it, however, don't look down on them. It's a form of wish fulfillment derived from a desire to role-play the female. I take no shame admitting that I, like everyone, have a psyche that's as normal as possible.

I am 32, served 11 years in the Marines, 2 tours in Iraq, married with 2 kids, I play a female character... I wear whatever armor I think looks nice on the character. I think mods like DMRA are a lil much though, My body mod is HGEC (Dcup/LL) and 99% of the time I wear the Hentai Persona armor/Clothing. I'm not going to play some male character looking like he just shot up 47 syringes full of steroids to make me more secure with my sexuality.

There is no rule that says only men can play male characters

I drive a Mitsubishi Evo, you might drive a Ford Mustang. We all have different tastes, you might hate Mitsubishi. To each his own.

My wife walked over the other night while I was playing and goes "Wow she looks hott, Good job hun" To give you an idea of what some women think about it.

Skimpy, unrealistic, overdone, fantasy, and the like are what games are all about, are they not? How many of us have played Super Mario Brothers? How many of us go around bouncing on peoples heads to kill them throughout the day? The point it it's a game...

People don't play a game to represent themselves, they play to get away from themselves... I played enough "Man" games, when I got shot at daily, mortars dropped on my head, and having friends die...

I'm not trolling or flaming, although things like "they get off on it" are an open door for a closed thread... That imho is a little bit immature to say about people you don't know...

That is all, carry on.

~Tabu

Edit: In a nutshell I'll sum it up this way, If I am going to dedicate hours upon hours to this game I would rather be looking at Beyonce the whole time rather than Batista...

I really appreciate all your answers especially ArcieAdam's you explained it to me very well. It's not that im bashing people for playing female characters...its that the only armor i can even find is Female only and half naked, i would enjoy my male character to have cool looking armor also there are some cool armors for male but mainly half naked females...I too have had some Female charcters BUT they werent half naked..i guess what im trying to say is i want more male and female armor types...like for instance a male version and a female version. and i REALLY liked the idea of having a catagory for male armor and female armor and both would make my armor searching alot easier. but thx for all your answers^^!!

I hear you, There is a large gap between available male armor/clothing vs. female. I wasn't trying to be rude, these threads regardless of the game or site have a tendency to boil over. To be honest I probably should have bypassed it altogether. I mean anything that can be said about it has been said hundreds of times lol... I would just rather be running around with some badda$$ petite chick over a rugged male. On top of that just the fact alone that there are tons more female mods, makes it that much more appealing.

Most people who put out these mods are playing female characters, having to do up a male version as well just adds twice the work, for something that they probably wont even use. If I see any cool male gear I'll shoot you the link.

I hear you, There is a large gap between available male armor/clothing vs. female. I wasn't trying to be rude, these threads regardless of the game or site have a tendency to boil over. To be honest I probably should have bypassed it altogether. I mean anything that can be said about it has been said hundreds of times lol... I would just rather be running around with some badda$$ petite chick over a rugged male. On top of that just the fact alone that there are tons more female mods, makes it that much more appealing.

Most people who put out these mods are playing female characters, having to do up a male version as well just adds twice the work, for something that they probably wont even use. If I see any cool male gear I'll shoot you the link.

thx man appreciate it and i ddint take your post as rude you posted your opinion and that is what i asked for^^

FYI, I saw in another thread earlier someone by the name of TDA. I looked him up he had a bunch of male oriented gear. There is one that is an "armory" had a lot of "knight" style armor.