Leliana Trailer release

spets21

Very interesting. Quite a departure in the trailer about why she comes to Ferelden. It doesn't match what she tells you in DAO. Very interesting.

Marjolaine did tell you she could be manipulating you. We don't have enough facts to know how far the departure is from what she tells you. She could have hidden/lied about certain details when telling you even if she was in love with you. People do that. I, for one, am interested in buying.

But ugh, they couldn't have chosen a different hairstyle? She looks like Cauthrien using DW and dying her hair.

Very interesting. Quite a departure in the trailer about why she comes to Ferelden. It doesn't match what she tells you in DAO. Very interesting.

Interesting but I won't get it until I get to hear some positive reviews of it.

Especially yours Dan Scott; I have the highest opinion for your analyses..... :thumbsup:

I'm with the Z-man on this one. I didn't see anything that directly contridicted the rather vague explanation my Leli gave me for how/why she ended up at the Chantry in Lothering.

IIRC that consisted of, essentially: "Sent to retrieve some papers...", "Read them...", "Shouldn't have...", "Confronted Marjolaine about them...", "Was captured, framed, imprisoned, punished/tortured...", "Escaped...", "Hid in Cloister...", "Found some peace..."

Now since as we know "The Game", for Orlesian Bards, is espionage, and if those papers were in Ferelden when she went to get them, the Trailer dialogue could fit rather well. On the other hand, Marjolaine's remarks may be referring to something else all together -- An earlier mission, perhaps?

The degree to which A) any of what we learned in DA:O is the "truth", and B) even if it was, she was being set-up by Marjolaine from the beginning, is currently an exercise in sheer speculation. (And may remain so even after we experience Leliana's Song! ;D )

All of this is why I said it's interesting. I see a twist coming that I look forward to playing out. After all, a trailer is just a hint of what's coming. I, for one, am looking forward to how this plays out.

So, more fuel for the "interesting" fire.

Bioware has actually given a great summary of the "framework" of Leliana's Song: both for the narrative structure and for the dialogue implementation.

See the interview with Lukas Kristjanson (Senior BW developer) at: http://pc.ign.com/articles/110/1101599p1.html

(Extract regarding VO below.)

================================

IGN: In the press release announcement we saw that this DLC will be a "fully voiced cinematic experience", can you explain what that means? Will there be character interactions comparable to the type we got in the main campaigns? Or will it be a more combat-focused DLC with the occasional voice over, more akin to Darkspawn Chronicles?

Lukas Kristjanson: "Fully voiced" means full player-character voice over, which is something new for Dragon Age. The player takes the role of Leliana in her own story, so we have a defined character we can record, and we of course brought Corinne Kempa back for the purpose. Dialogue choices are presented as text paraphrases that lead to fully voiced lines. It's a hybrid similar to Mass Effect 2, a system I know well, and we are eager to see how it is received in this setting."

Reading the entire inteview only made me more eager to play it! :biggrin:

So, more fuel for the "interesting" fire.

Bioware has actually given a great summary of the "framework" of Leliana's Song: both for the narrative structure and for the dialogue implementation.

See the interview with Lukas Kristjanson (Senior BW developer) at: http://pc.ign.com/articles/110/1101599p1.html

(Extract regarding VO below.)

IGN: In the press release announcement we saw that this DLC will be a "fully voiced cinematic experience", can you explain what that means? Will there be character interactions comparable to the type we got in the main campaigns? Or will it be a more combat-focused DLC with the occasional voice over, more akin to Darkspawn Chronicles?

Lukas Kristjanson: "Fully voiced" means full player-character voice over, which is something new for Dragon Age. The player takes the role of Leliana in her own story, so we have a defined character we can record, and we of course brought Corinne Kempa back for the purpose. Dialogue choices are presented as text paraphrases that lead to fully voiced lines. It's a hybrid similar to Mass Effect 2, a system I know well, and we are eager to see how it is received in this setting."

Reading the entire inteview only made me more eager to play it! :biggrin:

Dialogues should have been more like that to begin with...oh well.