Whom do you prefer to romance, Alistair or Zevran?

SpellAndShield

I feel your pain. My heart was in agony for my poor Dwarf Noble... :sad:

Absolutely! It was my Dwarf Female Commoner Rogue (see avatar) who had her dreams crushed so unnecessarily by that cowardly, weak willed, illegitimate, ingrate!

As I posted in the thread "Non-human female Alistair romance king question...":

=====================

I wish the writers/devs had at least added a more gentle let-down by Alistair for us non-humans.

Something along the lines of:

"I'm sorry, my dear. Ferelden will need time before it can accept such a change, but I promise to work for that day!"

=====================

Honestly!?! Would it a' killed 'em to have Alistair remain the lovable, if too easily lead, lummox we'd come to adore?

I know! Like seriously what is wrong with him? Why does he suddenly turn into a coldhearted jerk like that just because he's been king for 10 minutes? Before, he's like "oh I LOVE you SO much!"

and then when he becomes king and he's like, "I'm king now and you're not good enough to be a queen so we can't be together anymore and I must dump you forever. But hey, thanks for the sex!" then he just turns his f***ing back and walks out on you without another word... dear god, I know it's just a video game but I personally feel very deeply hurt by that. What a heartless, sh*tty thing to do to someone you supposedly "love". I wish killing him for that d*ck move was an option.:mad:

Well, if you choose Anora and Loghain you can send Alistair off to be executed. :whistling:

Absolutely! It was my Dwarf Female Commoner Rogue (see avatar) who had her dreams crushed so unnecessarily by that cowardly, weak willed, illegitimate, ingrate!

=====================

I wish the writers/devs had at least added a more gentle let-down by Alistair for us non-humans.

"I'm sorry, my dear. Ferelden will need time before it can accept such a change, but I promise to work for that day!"

=====================

Honestly!?! Would it a' killed 'em to have Alistair remain the lovable, if too easily lead, lummox we'd come to adore?

I know! Like seriously what is wrong with him? Why does he suddenly turn into a coldhearted jerk like that just because he's been king for 10 minutes? Before, he's like "oh I LOVE you SO much!"

and then when he becomes king and he's like, "I'm king now and you're not good enough to be a queen so we can't be together anymore and I must dump you forever. But hey, thanks for the sex!" then he just turns his f***ing back and walks out on you without another word... dear god, I know it's just a video game but I personally feel very deeply hurt by that. What a heartless, sh*tty thing to do to someone you supposedly "love". I wish killing him for that d*ck move was an option.:mad:

Well, if you choose Anora and Loghain you can send Alistair off to be executed. :whistling:

Mmm... true. But why does Anora want to kill Alistair just because you allowed her father to live??

Oh and when I play a female character I definitely prefer Zevran...he is cool and in the end the bi-sexual assassin elf turns out to be more loyal and devoted than Alistair ever was or could be.... :thumbsup:

hehe :happy:

I only romance Zevran as an elven Warden (and have only done so as a female so far), not as a human or a dwarf because that just feels weird for some reason. not sure what it is, lol.

=====================

=====================

Mmm... true. But why does Anora want to kill Alistair just because you allowed her father to live??

Oh and when I play a female character I definitely prefer Zevran...he is cool and in the end the bi-sexual assassin elf turns out to be more loyal and devoted than Alistair ever was or could be.... :thumbsup:

I only romance Zevran as an elven Warden (and have only done so as a female so far), not as a human or a dwarf because that just feels weird for some reason. not sure what it is, lol.

Anora wants to execute Alistair because he poses a threat to the throne; that is the only reason.

=====================

=====================

Anora wants to execute Alistair because he poses a threat to the throne; that is the only reason.

Yes, but why does killing Loghain make her not want to kill Alistair? WTF?

I think Zev is funny, but like morgan still has his own agenda. Besides he woudl prolly cheat a zillion times and t hink it was ok! I mean even in medievil times STDS were present! lol

I prefer Alistair, hardened is way better for the romance at the end. He doesnt ditch u then, and he totally refused to marry anora , he didnt marry my elf but.... they stayed together and in awakening he was very lovey to her. So i assumed if the nation isnt ready for a marriage between races, to bad cuz we were still committed to be together

I AM totally an Alistair fan girl, his voice melts me nad his silly boyish charm coupled with a strength is hard to resist. I feel a kinship with him as he goes thru the bulk of the tribulations my character does as well. I have played the romances thru as well with all 4 [ i made two male toons on xbox], and altho zevran is cool, the end dialog never says he commits, he chooses to stay with his love for the time being...... well either we are together or we arent u know? that was the one side of Zev [ i think perhaps my real life morals intrude in game] that i couldnt really get into. I want in game [ hehe] to be the ONE , the true love, not just a sexual exploition which develops slow to a noncomittal relationship/

I am greedy i want it all! today tomorrow, fight or play u know. I adore zev, and i am tyring him with the new dialog pack but vanilla on xbox i was disappointed. Im glad i got the pc version to try all these awesome mods u know!

AListair rules, hearts as well as kingdoms! He looks at ur pc like he ADORES her.

I think Zev is funny, but like morgan still has his own agenda. Besides he woudl prolly cheat a zillion times and t hink it was ok! I mean even in medievil times STDS were present! lol

I prefer Alistair, hardened is way better for the romance at the end. He doesnt ditch u then, and he totally refused to marry anora , he didnt marry my elf but.... they stayed together and in awakening he was very lovey to her. So i assumed if the nation isnt ready for a marriage between races, to bad cuz we were still committed to be together

I AM totally an Alistair fan girl, his voice melts me nad his silly boyish charm coupled with a strength is hard to resist. I feel a kinship with him as he goes thru the bulk of the tribulations my character does as well. I have played the romances thru as well with all 4 [ i made two male toons on xbox], and altho zevran is cool, the end dialog never says he commits, he chooses to stay with his love for the time being...... well either we are together or we arent u know? that was the one side of Zev [ i think perhaps my real life morals intrude in game] that i couldnt really get into. I want in game [ hehe] to be the ONE , the true love, not just a sexual exploition which develops slow to a noncomittal relationship/

I am greedy i want it all! today tomorrow, fight or play u know. I adore zev, and i am tyring him with the new dialog pack but vanilla on xbox i was disappointed. Im glad i got the pc version to try all these awesome mods u know!

AListair rules, hearts as well as kingdoms! He looks at ur pc like he ADORES her.

That thing with Zevran in the epilogue is like the one I always get for Leliana. After finally finishing Awakening I went back to Leliana and adventured and were always together. I have a feeling it will say the same for Zevran, but I'm not sure. Just guessing the parallel continues.

and altho zevran is cool, the end dialog never says he commits, he chooses to stay with his love for the time being...... well either we are together or we arent u know? that was the one side of Zev [ i think perhaps my real life morals intrude in game] that i couldnt really get into. I want in game [ hehe] to be the ONE , the true love, not just a sexual exploition which develops slow to a noncomittal relationship/

All of romances have tag "for a time" that a not Alister or Morrigan. It have absolutely nothing to do with commitment. It was written with the Awakening in mind where non of the romance interest are present. At least I find it to be more honest that "the love each other forever" with Alister in epilogue just kiss on the cheek leading to his wife left alone to danger. And in Awakening epilogue there is no "for a time" tag only vague description of activity of the couple. So Zev is no less loyal that Alister, in fact he is far more loyal. And does physical cheating really matter so much?