messing up with "display stats"

i don't know really why, but sometimes display stats just dissapears, it stops to show me it's info

i have many mods.. can't say what causes it, but i suggest that it's maybe "automagic bags"? or "super hotkeys"?

ALSO i can't understand why "display stats" not matching with ingame stats.. e.g. Shield in-game have 3 in his armor column (column? sorry for my bad english), but "display stats" shows that this shield have 5 armor and many more this mismatches... or maybe it's me who is a dumb and don't know where to observe vanilla ingame stats of stuff LOL

I find display stats to be very useful and I also noticed the mismatch between the reported stats and the stats on the inventory list. I opened a mod with TES4Edit and compared the results: Display Stats returns the *correct* values set into the mods, so I will trust DS more than Oblivion.

Now, if you have some problems with stats disappearing, it could be a mod conflict. Other interface mods may be messing up with DS customized xml files.

You should check that "Data\Menus\Main\magic_popup_menu.xml" is the same as in yours DS install package. If it is a different file (check dimension) then some other mod have overwritten it. Restore your original. If you manage to find the conflicting mod, too, we may try to find a compatibility pack or a way to make them work together.

I find display stats to be very useful and I also noticed the mismatch between the reported stats and the stats on the inventory list. I opened a mod with TES4Edit and compared the results: Display Stats returns the *correct* values set into the mods, so I will trust DS more than Oblivion.

Now, if you have some problems with stats disappearing, it could be a mod conflict. Other interface mods may be messing up with DS customized xml files.

You should check that "Data\Menus\Main\magic_popup_menu.xml" is the same as in yours DS install package. If it is a different file (check dimension) then some other mod have overwritten it. Restore your original. If you manage to find the conflicting mod, too, we may try to find a compatibility pack or a way to make them work together.

yeah, xml is alright, i'm certain of it even without checking. and popup appears, and it's for sure some mod(s)' incompatibility. because its always showing after loading save, but when i'm doing something (i really think it's "automagic bags", but im not sure) it dissapears, only loading any save or save-load helps

hm. about mismatches. i now know that DS showing us BASE stats.. it's what blade will do damage with 100 skill with blade.. or armor with 100 skill. and really i don't know how that be useful... because ingame stats showing us what we will get on equiping it and using RIGHT NOW, not in theory. however this mod shows me reach and speed and weight of items in quite pleasant and comfortable interface =)

I think you should try to disable automagic bags then and try on a secondary save if this solves the problem.

i now know that DS showing us BASE stats.. it's what blade will do damage with 100 skill with blade.. or armor with 100 skill.

This is interesting. So the inventory shows the calculated damage/armor rating. In Display Stats I activated the damage rate, that is damage * speed, and it gives still another view point. I find, however, useful knowing the base damage/armor rate, because I know which weapons/armors will be more powerful even if I still have not the skill/stat to use them at their best and so to decide which one to keep and which one to discard (I usually have lots of modded weapons/armors on, so keeping track of which one is the best is not always simple :)).

hm. maybe you are right :smile: it may be useful) i installed many modded weapons/armor and custom too, just not got to them yet))) i'll try without automagic bags.. ok. but i already put many things in them :pinch: but i'll try =) but wait... before i installed automagic bags DS was dissapearing the same.. hm. i'll try things a lil bit later

Well you can always try disabling mods and saving to a new, alternate savefile. This way you may catch the bad mod, fix it and then simply reload your main game file when everything works as expected.