DragoonWraith said it's possible, but how?

Maegfaer

I would like a way to determine what actor or object initiated an attack or cast from within a script. For example, a targeted spell's script runs on the target. I would like this script to know who initially cast the spell. --Mrflippy

I haven't looked too indepthly at the spell creation window, but wouldn't it be possible to have two Script Effects, one with range Target and the other with range Self? Then just have the Self one report who self is to the other script, or to another script.--DragoonWraith 11:27, 10 May 2006 (EDT)

I have now looked into this, and it is definitely possible. Just create a spell with two script effects, one on Target and the other on Self.--DragoonWraith 22:20, 13 May 2006 (EDT)

About the part in Bold, how do you transfer variables between Magic Effect scripts? I thought only quest variables can be modified by other scripts? I can't use that, because the spell is cast several times at the same moment, thus the scripts would overwrite each other.

It'll be easier to ask the interpretation of that to the people themselves (posting at the bethsoft.)

For the moment it seems quicker to tell what your issue is. As deciphering a solution that may not be the right one is double the work :smile:.