Poor Ruck

ell46

I feel such a b*h. In all my games I've always let Ruck live and lied to his mother this time, I bought a load of deep mushrooms from him and then killed him and now I feel awful :sad: I keep telling myself I put him out of his misery, but he seemed happy enough and then I came along.

Don't feel so bad ell, he's with the stone now. Plus you can reload and pretend that didn't happen and it was all a figure of your imagination. Question: Does anybody kill Ruck or do they just leave him be?

mercy killing on my play through i'm not lying for that dung eater :whistling: http://bestsmileys.com/beatup/1.gif

Brokenenergy - I know :sad: but I still feel sad for him. My very first playthrough I hardly spoke to him just chose the option to kill him, thinking poor sod. The next time I decided to speak to him and I really liked him, I sort of wanted to take him home and look after him and I let him live every playthrough until last night. I don't think I can kill him again, it's Zev's fault if he'd kept his mouth shut I probably wouldn't have done it.

I let him live and then lie and say I'll tell his mum he's dead. Then I'll go tell his mum the opposite.

Ooooo do tell, I was wondering what happens if you tell her he's down there? I kind of hope that he could be saved like that little geezer in Howe's prison (sorry I've forgotten his name).

his mum gets mad at u for leaving him there , when u tell her he is alive. { rucks i mean]

I kill him when zev is along he always compels me, who can say no to him? hehe

but most of time i let him live. he isnt hurting anything and he will die soon enough... unless he becomes a darkspawn... I thought they said the taint killed tho? idk now! *cry* now i feeel bad if i let him live to become a horrendous darkspawn!

his mum gets mad at u for leaving him there , when u tell her he is alive. { rucks i mean]

I kill him when zev is along he always compels me, who can say no to him? hehe

but most of time i let him live. he isnt hurting anything and he will die soon enough... unless he becomes a darkspawn... I thought they said the taint killed tho? idk now! *cry* now i feeel bad if i let him live to become a horrendous darkspawn!

There, there, Shacary. It's alright. (Pulls out handkerchief, offers to wipe nose.) The Taint doesn't turn you into Darkspawn, it just slowly poisons you as you become more and more attuned to them.

Personally, I always let Ruck live, but tell his mom that he's dead... Wow! I just realized that dealing with him is the only situation when I regularly choose the [Lie] option. Guess I just feel sorry for both of them, and recognize that the truth can only hurt.

I let him live. He has some really good stuff to buy off him, and a good place to dump unwanted junk before heading into the Anvil. I then tell his mother he is dead to get approval from Leliana and Wynne.

@ell: I understand, I would never kill him (well maybe once and that was by accident) and he is trying to protect him mother from the truth and that's sweet and plus like danscott said you can sell all the junk before heading to the anvil.

I think it was the fact I consciously thought, buy the mushrooms first then kill him because no one else has an infinite supply, that was the horrible part that I could think such a thing and not because I give my characters different personalities I don't do that they all make the same choices, I can't help playing as me. I can't kill him ever again it's too sad and he seems happy enough in his own little world.

I thought it said in the codex something along the lines of the taint eventually turns you into a ghoul and you go looking for DS etc :unsure: sorry I can't remember it all now, but I remember thinking ugh !!! I don't fancy that no wonder GWs go on one last suicide mission in the deep roads and I can't help remembering those broodmothers, as a female warden maker forbid I should become one of those.