Poor Ruck

ell46

It is never an easy choice. I'm probably 50-50 on letting him live. Sometimes I won't even chase him into his cave. I always feel bad about killing him even if it really is for the best. Since my first playthrough I won't even speak to his mother, I just ignore her and walk on by; it's not like I'm getting anything of value for it.

• 1 month later...

Ruck reminded me of Gollum when I first met him.

"All the 'great secrets' under the mountains had turned out to be just empty night: there was nothing more to find out, nothing worth doing, only nasty furtive eating and resentful remembering."

I spared him and lied to his mother too.

Besides a good shield and someone to sell stuff to, sure there is no value in it.

A good shield? I didn't think the shield was all that great to be honest with you there. Not to mention the fact that it wasn't even worth all that much selling it. Of course only one who uses a shild in my party is Alister. I Dual wield and so do my thieves.<G> We also carry a bow or cross bow as well and switch between the two of them as needed. I learned that them exploding bolts can be a real b**** even to your own party members so I avoid them when unless I've got the "Hold Position" set so they don't go running off into battle before my cross bow man fires one off.

Only thing ruk is good for is dumping the useless stuff you pick up on to before you go to the Anvil. That way you don't have to go all the way back to Orzzamar to unload it.

Besides a good shield and someone to sell stuff to, sure there is no value in it.

A good shield? I didn't think the shield was all that great to be honest with you there. Not to mention the fact that it wasn't even worth all that much selling it. Of course only one who uses a shild in my party is Alister. I Dual wield and so do my thieves.<G> We also carry a bow or cross bow as well and switch between the two of them as needed. I learned that them exploding bolts can be a real b**** even to your own party members so I avoid them when unless I've got the "Hold Position" set so they don't go running off into battle before my cross bow man fires one off.

Only thing ruk is good for is dumping the useless stuff you pick up on to before you go to the Anvil. That way you don't have to go all the way back to Orzzamar to unload it.

He is also good for unlimited supplies of deep mushrooms for potions, so well worth keeping alive if you make your own.

He is also good for unlimited supplies of deep mushrooms for potions, so well worth keeping alive if you make your own.

Thats true there After all Ruck is the only one with an unlimited supply of them. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

yah poor fella, i always keep him alive, intimidating, and then just trading with him dumping all stuff... unlimited supplies for making unlimited acid flasks is great stuff, and i do have pity for him.... and 2 of 3 times i did lied to his mother

He is very useful for me in my current last game (nightmare, 3 man party only (never 4 - self limitation to increase lvl of challenge) ) - and acid flasks is something is being very useful and are necessity - so i keep him alive since he is somewhat helps to warden to fight the Blight :)