installing mod question

us11csalyer

Probably a stupid question but do I just copy the mod's texture folder to /data or do I open data/fallout-textures BFA and add the files that way? Reason I ask is even with a clean install of fallout 3 and only the prostitution mod with rude body and female voices installed the characters don't position themselves correctly during sex.

With just children of the wasteland, shojo race (with npc, textures addon) I haven't really seen a difference in game play aside from the kids in the vault not growing up. I played up to megatone btw.

Well That mod isn't even hosted on Nexus. I remember looking into it, an it seemed questionable at best. I declined the use of that mod because it looked shady. Couldn't tell if I'd get a virus or get a mod, or even get a mod that worked at all. If you are going to ask someone about it, find someone that actually uses that mod or the creator. I'm pretty sure we can't really help you with it.

I do know that just taking a mod off the shelf like you went to the store an bought some bread to make a sandwich, isn't going to work. Maybe one mod was built using this an that, an then "this an that" get updated, or maybe they forgot something, maybe you changed the order. I'd say about 99.9% of the mods I download are in this dirty "off the shelf" state. So as the end user it's up to me to get it to work on my system. Which boils down to how much I know about this kind of stuff.

Anything an everything I use to make a fallout 3 build is put in the recent updated "In So Many Words" Guide http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13100 Is it a good Guide? Idk probably not, but like I said, anything an everything I do is listed in there.

Okay I Lied, I also never use player made .BSA, I always unpack it from the desktop, then delete it... :D

Probably a stupid question but do I just copy the mod's texture folder to /data or do I open data/fallout-textures BFA and add the files that way?

There is no reason to modify the fallout-textures.bsa file if that is what you mean by BFA. There are good reasons not to modify it. Install the mod's texture folder and mesh folder if it has one into your fallout data directory and use Archive Invalidation Invalidated! to make sure that the new files are used. AAI comes as a standalone mod and is also packaged with Fallout Mod Manager.