new CTD problem

i suddenly suffered from new for me CTD. it's occurs with sudden violence mod's moves. also i noticed that i now CTDing when "kurtee auto-save and time" manual F5.

i don't know.. it was all perfect and i added some mods and it's all tearing apart and CTDing A LOT...

here's my current activated mod list:

Oblivion.esm

You Are Here.esm

Younger Hotter NPC's v1.0.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

LoadingScreensAddOn.esp

Symphony of Violence.esp

MIS Low Wind.esp

Soundscaper.esp

Rainbows.esp

j4m3sb0nd-MoreSkyClimatesMod.esp

AmbientDungeons.esp

kuerteeAutoSaveAndTime.esp

Book Jackets Oblivion.esp

aaaBorsBedrolls.esp

DLTIC-1-6.esp

P1DmenuEscape.esp

sr_super_hotkeys.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp

LockpickToolkit.esp

Ranokoas Organized Potions.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp

MolagBalTreasury.esp

za_bankmod.esp

24HrArenaAliveV2Towers.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp

Lynges_Thieves_Highway-10256.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp

Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp

Automagic Bags.esp

Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp

Quest Award Leveling SI.esp

Quest Award Leveller.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Vile Lair.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Mehrunes Razor.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp

quickstart.esp

RealisticFatigue.esp

SM Combat Hide.esp

StealthOverhaul.esp

SM Bounty.esp

kuerteeCrimeHasWitnesses.esp

SuddenViolence_CombatMoves.esp

SuddenViolence_Push.esp

SuddenViolence_Sprint.esp

SuddenViolence_ElementalSpells.esp

Marksman Velocity.esp

Oss133FrameRateOptimizer.esp

SamVimes's Feint Death.esp

SD Skill Diary.esp

SexyWitchPoses.esp

Corean_hair_for_Original_race.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_onlyhairs.esp

Capucines Character Expansion.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

DemonRace.esp

Elves Of Lineage II.esp

IDKRRR_C_race.esp

IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp

Raven Elves.esp

Dark Raven Elves.esp

Moonshadow Elves - NoSc.esp

X.Races.Comp.esp

Get Wet.esp

Display Stats.esp

MM_StolenHorseOwnership.esp

qazHorseCommand -horsearmor.esp

Royal Relics.esp

ArenaTrainer.esp

ScriptIcon_Replacer.esp

also some non-esp mods like animated windows, arena poster, terrain map, darkuid darn, fast exit2, weOCP, eax beta. maybe i miss something minor, but i think i didn't

anyone have a clue what's going wrong? i wonder why does it so

and this CTDs are really fast, it's not that ctds i suffered earlier with many mods conflicts, they are not hesitating to CTD me suddenly and sharply after key-press (like F5 or pushkey in sudden violence).. what is fun that it's random. i tried this sudden violence, it's dodges and pushes, it's working, but SOMETIMES (~20%) it crashes

where is the conflict or is it just that "sudden violence" have many bugs?

UPD. now i'm thinking.. BOSS telling me that:

"Ranokoas Organized Potions.esp

. Bashed Patch tag suggestion: {{BASH:Names}}, deactivate. If not using Wrye Bash load with overrides but then incompatible with most overhauls etc."

can it be that organized potions causing conflict with stealth overhaul redux?

UPD. as i see now, all people in comments for sudden violence says that there are completely no CTDs.... i wonder WHY then i always somehow have them.. damn. any suggestion? :confused:

BOSS is the first right step. Now you need Wrye Bash.

After installing it you first need to do a Mod Check. It is a small button under the mod list. Doing a mod check will tell you still more problems and suggestions, apart from the one already given by BOSS. Then you will need to create a Bashed Patch.

You will find lots of informations at this Wrye Bash page.

can't i just deactivate some mods or doing something else? because i installed wrye bash and looked inside... all i could understand is icons and bashtags... i can't understand this "bashed patch" thing :wacko: and why do i need it and will it really fix current CTDs and how does it works etc. can't i just disable some mod? :tongue: i don't need really modding myself or two hundreds of mods installed. i just need a couple gameplay mods, combat mods, sound mods and armor/weapons mods and thats all... i don't need REALLY advanced methods.. or do I anyway need understanding wrye bash and bashed patches in my case? :confused:

actually i now tried to deactivate sudden violence.. and there is no ctds anymore as far as i seen.. i wonder if there is a way to use it without ctds? :unsure: i don't want to replace this mod with a couple of minor single-action mods =\

====

UPD. actually is it a frequent case when everything just goes CTDing on your test char, but when you create new it's all good??? :huh: not saying that i tested all how it was, messing up with my mod list :confused: but i'll try. and i noticed that with my old test char it's CTDing and with the same mods and load order it's not ctding with a new char :wacko:

sorry, topic now is a bit in other way that it was meant))

Did you add mods while playing with your old savegame? I mean, you started playing, then every now and then you installed another mod you liked, etc.

Sometimes savegame bloating may occur if you use mods which are not well coded.

If you can play a bit with your new game without crashing, then probably there is some conflict which has been created in the old savegame.

Sometimes it happened to me with some custom items my character was wearing. I played a bit with the items disabled (or simply put out into a container), then when I took them back everything was fine.

You will need advanced tools to get exactly to the point of which items conflicts with the other, like TES4Edit. It is a bit difficult to use, however. Wrye Bash, with the merged patch, would help here. If you don't want to use it right now, at least try it when you have a bit of free time. Wrye Bash is really useful.

really i can describe you whole situation, but i'll be brief. installed the game, downloaded many mods, installed almost all mods, created a character, played, suffered stutterings and CTDs, messing up with adding and disabling some mods. ended up with much CTDs. disabled all mods except patches, tried to play this first char from last save. same CTDs. created new char, cool, started enabling mods, cool again, enabling furthermore and more. again CTDs, then disabling on this second char, again CTDs, even when disabled almost all. but then created third one and it's cool again. now very slowly enabling mods and it's still cool =) almost out of the problem now. but I'm even not started to enabling my armor/weapons mods yet :laugh:

anyway i didn't played much with either char, so i'm not bothered to start it all again each time when i'm f**ked up with mods conflicts))))

Every mod conflict can be solved, but some are really hard ones. I hope you will not have CTD anymore, but if you do then remember the last mod activated and try to reproduce it. Activate a single mod at a time and test it for a bit before activating another one.

and now i finally came to creation of bashed patch. and i created it with some tweaks and merges.

all seemed perfect... but then i opened the game, in my old save I saw only that mods that i merged into bashed patch isn't really working, tweaks that i checked also do not affect a bit.. I'm totally can't understand WHY bashed patch only ruined everything =\ also i tried to create new char (i'm using quickstart, that placing you in the end of the sewers) and I found that it's all the same story, mods that MERGED aren't working, but IMPORTED textures and so on MAYBE working, i can't tell certainly, but i can tell that organized potion names aren't working, tweaks about sorting weapons and armors by its type also not working.. many stuff don't working.. i wonder why is it so. and didn't found anything about "not working bashed patches" :confused: can't understand =( can somebody help?

Could you please tell us the steps you did to create the bashed patch? The more details, the more we may try to help.

Don't get discouraged, after you solve these things for the first time it actually become a sort of easy routine for every mod :)

oh I probably can't tell EVERY step, but I can try.. I installed some mods around 10 in "one turn" in OBMM, then opened wrye and clicked on bashed batch, to create it (or build i don't know, i have foreign version, maybe it's because of python, but i can't change wrye interface lang.). then it suggested mods that can be merged. I watched through lists of tweaks etc. and merged only that mods that affect things, not covered with tweaks, didn't added any mods, only mergeable that wrye suggested. checked some importings, mostly suggested by BOSS, and created bashed patch. then disabled mods that is covered by tweaks and some that I imported in bashed patch, like "hotter and younger npc" or "ranokoas organized potions", uop vampire fix etc.

now i checked the insides of bashed patch and a little bit confused, all that i done, EXCEPT in-built tweaks is gone.. but maybe i'm wrong.. it's visually gone, but i believe it's still there in bashed patch. here is one of my screenshots, take a look, maybe it'll help. sorry it's on russian =( but i already said that i don't know how to change language of wrye.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6617/20100628165330.png

actually i'm now thinking about disabling bashed patch and using mods the standard way, so I could continue my mods "tests" to achieve stability :rolleyes:

Merged mods (the ones with the + sign) may be disabled after you create the bashed patch.

Tweaked mods should not be disabled if you apply tweaks into the bashed patch (they will *not* be copied inside, only the tweaks will be applied)