Darkspawn reproduction (Part II)

Lehcar

So since it says that darkspawn make women into broodmothers by raping them and shoving bits of their dead down their throats... does that mean that all darkspawn are male and possess a penis? Since we know all the broodmothers can only be female obviously.

Also, how does the broodmother actually, like, y'know... give birth to more darkspawn? Is she asexual or do the darkspawn of her "type" copulate with her and seed her regularly? Not that I really want to think about how sex might possibly happen between darkspawn and broodmothers, but broodmothers are a helluva lot bigger than darkspawn, so how does the darkspawn avoid suffocating in her fat rolls or being crushed by her weight while they're doing her? And... broodmothers are vicious and evil, so how do the darkspawn even close enough to her without being killed so they can mate with her?? Lol.

Also, completely unrelated to the topic of darkspawn nooky, but during the "Rescue the Queen" quest, when you're sneaking through the palace in disguise, how does an elven or dwarven Warden not attract attention? It makes sense if the Warden is a human male, since that's what 99% of all the guards are, the 1% being human women, so I guess if the Warden is a human women it makes sense too. But nowhere in the game do you see any elves or dwarves employed by humans as guards, ever, so... how does nobody notice a strange elf or dwarf running around dressed as a guard?? Do you understand what I mean?? haha... :laugh:

So since it says that darkspawn make women into broodmothers by raping them and shoving bits of their dead down their throats... does that mean that all darkspawn are male and possess a penis? Since we know all the broodmothers can only be female obviously.

Also, how does the broodmother actually, like, y'know... give birth to more darkspawn? Is she asexual or do the darkspawn of her "type" copulate with her and seed her regularly? Not that I really want to think about how sex might possibly happen between darkspawn and broodmothers, but broodmothers are a helluva lot bigger than darkspawn, so how does the darkspawn avoid suffocating in her fat rolls or being crushed by her weight while they're doing her? And... broodmothers are vicious and evil, so how do the darkspawn even close enough to her without being killed so they can mate with her?? Lol.

They slap her thigh and ride the wave in? :whistling: I seem to recall something about them getting all they need to reproduce while the spawn are raping her prior to her transformation and then she just keeps reproducing from the initial seed. How the new spawn is birthed and whether they are full grown at birth I do not know.

Also, completely unrelated to the topic of darkspawn nooky, but during the "Rescue the Queen" quest, when you're sneaking through the palace in disguise, how does an elven or dwarven Warden not attract attention? It makes sense if the Warden is a human male, since that's what 99% of all the guards are, the 1% being human women, so I guess if the Warden is a human women it makes sense too. But nowhere in the game do you see any elves or dwarves employed by humans as guards, ever, so... how does nobody notice a strange elf or dwarf running around dressed as a guard?? Do you understand what I mean?? haha... :laugh:

There are some elven guards but it is rare. If you are a CE warrior Valendrian states that he hoped that your character could have gotten into the city guard so one could assume that it does occasionally happen. The dwarf character, on the other hand, is a mystery to me as well.

DS Reproduction is why I'll not let the architect live.

DS Reproduction is why I'll not let the architect live.

DS Reproduction does not require the Architect to be alive or dead to happen (it has happened for hundreds of years without his interference, what difference does it make without him?). As long as the taint is round, the DS population would increase as the result. The only way that it could decline if some mage creates a poison that harms the population or lock up all the women and kill all the broodmothers. The Architect is the only DS that resisted the call of the Old Gods and has free will. He is willing to bring peace at any price just like the Grey Wardens but the only reason we call him a monster is because he doesn't understand our concepts and ideals.

As for elven guards like Rusty said, there are elven guards but they are rare. Another reason is because that you are in disguise and your ears are not showing when you wear the helmet and the humans are not concerned with height (in real life humans are in different heights and the only reason that it doesn't appear in game is because it requires a lot of models). Sometimes people employ surface dwarves as guards in Thedas (because of there warrior skills) but that is rare as well also. Hope that clears up a bit about elven/dwarven lore.

DS Reproduction does not require the Architect to be alive or dead to happen (it has happened for hundreds of years without his interference, what difference does it make without him?). As long as the taint is round, the DS population would increase as the result. The only way that it could decline if some mage creates a poison that harms the population or lock up all the women and kill all the broodmothers. The Architect is the only DS that resisted the call of the Old Gods and has free will. He is willing to bring peace at any price just like the Grey Wardens but the only reason we call him a monster is because he doesn't understand our concepts and ideals.

No. I think DS are bad enough. I don't want to deal with intelligent ones.

but the only reason we call him a monster is because he doesn't understand our concepts and ideals.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

We call him a monster because he (an abomination himself) wants to kill more than half of the humans, elves and dwarves to die to perpetuate the abominations the Tevinter mages created/became when they sundered the fade. Ultimately the Architect is an abomination to his own; the only reason he exists and is allowed to exist is they fear him. (Not saying they should exist either but damn...)

Those who had been cast down, the demons who would be gods,

Began to whisper to men from their tombs within the earth.

And the men of Tevinter heard, and raised altars to the pretender- gods once more,

And in return were given, in hushed whispers, the secrets of darkest magic.

—Canticle of Threnodies 5:11

:wink: :biggrin:

That's what they said about the Rachni too but I'm not going to off throw the entire topic just for that. Who knows maybe the Architect can be useful to you and like ME2 (not another geth hunt), DA2 would not be another Blight (Mr. Gaider has confirmed this) and therefore it would be something even more darker and would not contain limited DS and AD (Awakening was just a start). Don't let emotions cloud your judgment :wink:.

I'm thinking it's similar to how queen bees reproduce... As for qunari women... I pity the darkspawn in that matter. Oh wait, qunari women don't fight. Pfft. (Which reminds me, I don't think I've EVER seen a qunari female in the game... right?)

I think how the darkspawn come out at birth is similar to the orcs in LOTR (you know, the scene at Eisengard where Sauromon was breeding them) they just pop out in some gooey... cocoon? And come out.

And about them birthing DS like the Architect... The darkspawn have been around for 1200 years, and ONE Architect, I don't think you're due to find another one like him soon (born naturally, that is). I don't care what that dude wants to do, the DS suck the life out of the very air they breathe, even if half the world's population survived, we'd have no crops, no meat, nothing. As much Grey Wardens have resistance to the taint, I don't think eating tainted meat for the rest of my 30 years of life is a good idea.

Myself, I think its more along the lines of the Alien queens (The Alien quadrology, Sigurney Weaver), who are asexual baby factories. They just roll um out mass production style, and then the other DS carry them off to wherever they "hatch".