crashes in Tamriel exterior

AshSparkle

Okay, I tried. It's definitely the first script, the one I posted. The other two only adds potions and the potions are not deleted or missing after being bashed patched.

I forgot to mention that the first script needs the 2nd script to work. 2nd script adds the potion and 1st uses it.

I forgot to mention that the first script needs the 2nd script to work. 2nd script adds the potion and 1st uses it.

As long as the dependency does not work both ways #1 can still be snipped. ^___^

• 2 months later...

I had a save file near a bandit camp of 5 bandits (1 outlaw, 2 cutthroats, 1 outlaw bowman, 1 ringleader, 1 guard dog) that causes CTD whenever I approach it.

Okay, I am sorry, there has been a misinformation. I tried what you suggested, toggling combat ai and ai off and then activating them one by one. I didn't have any CTDs at all!. Then I tried deactivating all the ai processes, stand in the middle of the camp and activate it, no CTDs too.

I reloaded the game, deactivate the combat ai ONLY and approached the camp, then I noticed something! One of the Outlaw was wandering around and casting a Mysticism spell (pink shader) and then the game crashed. I reloaded and this time, dactivated all the ai processes, approach the camp and when I could see the outlaw that casted the spell earlier, I ONlY activated her ai processes, she started wandering and again, cast the same spell with the pink shader (school of Mysticism), the game CTD shortly.

I recalled the few times that I was able to see the creatures/npcs before CTDs occured, there were indeed pink shaders, sometimes, numerous shaders (different schools of magic). So I guess it has something to do with spells, instead of the creatures themselves??

Is there a way to check what spell the AI are casting?

At least we now know that it's a spell (or numerous spells) that is causing the CTD. I am definitely sure it isn't Fearsome Magicka because I disabled the AI from casting any spells from that mod in the ,ini and the problem was already there before I started using it. That left us with vanilla spells, Supreme Magicka and LAME, probably some other mods which I might have missed out too. I recalled LAME having a plugin that gives LAME's new spells to AI, but I removed that before I started a new game this time, so I guess that narrows it down further.

Any suggestion of my next move?

A possible alternate fix:

I have had this exact problem and I always thought it had something to do with Supreme Magicka and MMM conflicting or Supreme Magicka and Frans. Anyway it's the exact same thing. Npc's that aren't from vanilla casting pink shader spells and CTD. A more accurate description would be ORC Npc's that aren't from vanilla spamming pink shader spells and CTD. Anyway, I don't use RBP but I do use Cobl Races - Balanced which is based on RBP and I had a look in the CS and found that the Cobl Races - Balanced racial power for Orcs is similar in which it has a script that forces potion drinking. Turns out it's designed to make the Orc drink a potion that causes them to collapse at the end of their Berserker's Rage. A very cool idea in my opinion. I did like you said and disabled the potion drink script part of the spell and no CTD. Since this means Orcs (or rather Orc npc's from FCOM or MMM or Frans) get their Berserker's Rage without any penalty it's a bit of a shame to fix it this way. So I kept trying to simulate this exhaustion for the Orc power in more traditional ways when it dawned on me. Exhaustion! Cobl exhaustion to be precise. Cobl has a system that allows greater powers to be used more than once a day but still only once in a great while due to scripting that makes your greater powers recharge over time and I think based on some skills and or attributes. Anyway I decided to try turning off the Cobl Exhaustion feature in the bashed patch and leave Cobl Races - Balanced unaltered. No CTD! The orc npc used the greater power once and carried on with normal AI behavior. She collapsed after 90 seconds for about a minute just as was intended in the potion script. So it seems the problem lies between RBP or Cobl Races - Balanced and Cobl Exhaustion but requires a non vanilla Orc npc(Adventurers, cutthroats, brigands...from MMM, FCOM or Frans) to rear it's ugly head. For some reason this recipe of mods with Cobl exhaustion allows these orcs to spam their racial power causing a CTD. Anyhow, turn off Cobl exhaustion when rebuilding the bashed patch and it's gone. Unfortunately it means no using your own greater powers more than once a day. If you want to use Cobl exhaustion then you'll have to do it chocobo_kyh's way and alter the orc's racial power.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I had the EXACT problem for a whole year but NEVER figured out why, thank you condor78, thank you chocobo_kyh.

Now it's time to reinstall RBP, FCOM, SM, LAME and all the little stuff I love. ^_^

I'll try altering the orc's greater power in RBP...

• 2 weeks later...