crashes in Tamriel exterior

AshSparkle

Nope, at least it doesn't show in tes4edit.

So I tried that out and found two spells on that orc.

"Duke Patrick's Combat Archert Correction Spell Ability" D5000ED8

"Mart's Monster Mod.esm CSNPC OnLoad" 06000D20

I have no idea what those two spells do and why they are on the npc. Both of them are from the school of alteration in tes4edit, which is odd, considering the shader I saw was pink (mysticism). Unless the shader for powers are different >.<

Can't spells have different light affects, not dictated by school. Anyway, those might be added by scripts. Try disabling whichever of DP's mods is loading in the D5 (FormID prefix) position in your load order.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. It wasn't Duke's mod. I noticed something else, The cutthroat had some active magical effects on that were granted by her racial powers when I disabled her ai and checked her stats. I then use the kill command and resurrected her, this time, there aren't any active effects anymore. A possibility that it was Racial Balancing Project that's causing it?? the weird thing is that the berserker's rage and ice fist has a "+" in front of their names in the bashed patch, when there isn't any "+" before "berserker" and "ice fist" in RBP

I am currently bash patching again, this time, putting BP after RBP to override RBP's changes. Hopefully this works, or I might just have to try deleting the racial powers from RBP.

Okay, so the override didn't work and bashed patch still used the powers from RBP. The + was added because of the power exhaustion feature in bashed patch. However, I tried changing my race into an Orc and used the Berserker's Rage. It has the EXACT same shader as the one the Orc used which caused my CTDs! But I don't get any CTD from using it though.

So what's my next move? Would it be wise to try and delete said berserker's rage in RBP through CS or tes4edit??

Unfortunately, it didn't work. It wasn't Duke's mod. I noticed something else, The cutthroat had some active magical effects on that were granted by her racial powers when I disabled her ai and checked her stats. I then use the kill command and resurrected her, this time, there aren't any active effects anymore. A possibility that it was Racial Balancing Project that's causing it?? the weird thing is that the berserker's rage and ice fist has a "+" in front of their names in the bashed patch, when there isn't any "+" before "berserker" and "ice fist" in RBP

I am currently bash patching again, this time, putting BP after RBP to override RBP's changes. Hopefully this works, or I might just have to try deleting the racial powers from RBP.

Okay, so the override didn't work and bashed patch still used the powers from RBP. The + was added because of the power exhaustion feature in bashed patch. However, I tried changing my race into an Orc and used the Berserker's Rage. It has the EXACT same shader as the one the Orc used which caused my CTDs! But I don't get any CTD from using it though.

So what's my next move? Would it be wise to try and delete said berserker's rage in RBP through CS or tes4edit??

It would not break anything. Try snipping it out with TES4Edit. You can snip any of the racial power out without breaking it, probably. It is worth a try.

You get CTD after disabling RBP and rebuilding patch?

If RBP is causing the problem, I fear this may happen on other NPCs too.

I fear for the same too....I guess one way to counter that would be removing every racial powers from RBP. Berserker's rage has a "berserker's rage" script attached to it. =I Sure hope I don't need to disable it permanantly >.< since I am using Integration: The Stranded Light and somehow RBP was made a requirement.

I will try to disable RBP when I get back home.

Okay, i think the CTD is gone! I loaded RBP in the CS and deleted 3 scripts from berserker's rage. They add something called bgOrcPotion. I reloaded the save after deleting them and the Orc was casting without any CTDs. Hopefully this will be the last of my CTDs. Now to try out whether imps cause any problems for me.

Thanks all! You were of great help :D

bgOrcRageScript

bgOrcRageScript2

bgOrcRageScript3

2 and 3 add some kind of Orc Rage potion bgOrcPotion and bgOrcPotion2

I am not sure about the first. If I were to guess, I would say the first one's responsible for the crash.

Scn bgOrcRageScript

ref me

short myend

short mylvl

Begin ScriptEffectStart

set me to getself

me.say Powerattack

if me == player

return

else

set myend to me.getbaseav endurance

set mylvl to me.getlevel

if me.isspelltarget bgrResHealthStrong01

if mylvl >= 15 && myend >= 75

if me.isspelltarget bgrResHealthStrong15 == 0 && me.isspelltarget bgrResHealthStrong30 == 0 && me.isspelltarget bgrResHealthStrong45 == 0

me.addspell bgrResHealthStrong15

endif

endif

if mylvl >= 30 && myend >= 100

if me.isspelltarget bgrResHealthStrong30 == 0 && me.isspelltarget bgrResHealthStrong45 == 0

me.addspell bgrResHealthStrong30

me.removespell bgrResHealthStrong15

endif

endif

if mylvl >= 45 && myend >= 100

if me.isspelltarget bgrResHealthStrong45 == 0

me.addspell bgrResHealthStrong45

me.removespell bgrResHealthStrong15

me.removespell bgrResHealthStrong30

endif

endif

endif

endif

;me.pms bgDetectDetection1 2

End

Begin ScriptEffectFinish

Message " "

Message " "

me.Say Hit

me.equipitem bgOrcPotion

End

I think the other race powers might have scripts too...though I haven't encounter problems with them yet.

I would not expect the whole mod to be buggy, haha. Could you try snipping those scripts out one-by-one figure out which one is causing the problem? If not, that is fine. I will try to test it this weekend.