I NEED ADVICE ASAP-DA:A or RED DEAD REDEMPTION?!

darthmikkon

DA:A (PC) or Red Dead Redemption (360)  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If you had one of the following to choose from, which would it be?

• Dragon Age: Awakenings (PC)
    • Red Dead Redemption (XBox 360)

I got some payout I was waiting for and am treating myself to a new game. The question I have is: IS AWAKENINGS WORTH THE PRICE OR SHOULD I OPT FOR RED DEAD REDEMPTION? I've heard awesome things about RDD and some BAD things about Awakenings, but I don't want my Dragon Age experience to go away yet...almost got game beat on first playthrough so NOW would be a prime opportunity to pick up Awakenings BEFORE I start my second playthrough. Please be thorough in your analysis; I'm going to get the PC version of Awakenings so won't be able to return it once it's open and installed; and I don't want to go through the argument I had before AGAIN. I had Origins for the XBox360 but heard that the PC version was much better, so I skillfully manipulated myself into a position where I got the PC version and then traded the XBox360 version in for ME2 and got a sweet deal. I intend to make this purchase either today or tomorrow. Feel free to post, PM or email me (I think my email's public). Thanks!:blush:

If you haven't got it, get Oblivion instead. RDR is trying (without much success) to put the Oblivion experience into the wild west.

i say go for red dead redemption, i enjoyed that more than da:a, but depends on what u like, would u like to travel in a wide world and chase using a horse and shooting with guns then play red dead, or would u like an rpg style in old times using swords, shields, 2handers, bows,crossbows then get dragon age. i am going for gameplay, red dead is longer and much more funner to play. i dont know storywise, i just know that dragon age is way shorter

Get Dragon Age, I have RDR and its pretty much a western mod for GTA:IV. The only redeeming qualities I found in RDR were the soundtrack, being able to lasso people, and the multilayer. In my opinion a very bland game, I can go on and on about its flaws. Honestly Red Dead Revolver was twice as fun.

And as for saying Dragon Age is shorter, if you do the side quests for both games and sit through the dialogue for both I'm almost positive that DAO is longer, if only by a little.

Edited by Dileos

So far, it looks like all the votes are for Dragon Age. Of course, this is a Dragon Age subforum, so people are obviously going to vote that way. If you go onto a Rockstar fansite, I'm sure the overwhelming majority would vote for RD:R. Also, I haven't played RD:R, but I've heard good things about it. See if you can find them on sale (Steam's a good place to get Dragon Age) and if you can, get both.

So far, it looks like all the votes are for Dragon Age.

???

1 vote for DA

8 votes for RDR

:whistling:

Well I went ahead and got Awakenings and haven't had any SERIOUS problems yet. There is the small issue of the king Alistair now totally missing (visually) from the game and the approach to Denerim not working right. But I've only just started playing with Awakenings and the new patch I'm sure I'll figure the problems out. I watched the trailer for RDR at GameStop while waiting in line, and thought to myself...."I really don't see myself enjoying robbing a train..." I'll get RDR eventually, but I've got DA:O and DA:A to beat, and Oblivion, and Fallout 3, and RE5, and BioShock, all before Oct. 1, when FALLOUT NEW VEGAS takes over my life. Thanks for the input!

So far, it looks like all the votes are for Dragon Age.

???

1 vote for DA

8 votes for RDR

:whistling:

OP asked for advice.

Random votes =/= advice.