Origins to Awakening Custom DLC Transfer?

takemeunder

Well I just beat DA Origins and started Awakening and all the equipment I had in my inventory is still there but before beating the game I stashed lots of my custom DLC in the soldiers peak chest and I left my real good stuff still on my companions (Like Alistair had my Runic Armor etc.) And I don't believe I can ever get it back. Is there a way to get it back? Or how can I just install all the custom armor weps etc again so I'll have them in my inventory? I tried to select the dazips again and install them but it didn't do anything.

Uh... you can reload your epilogue save and strip the armors on your companions, then start a new game and import the character again.

the thing is i have so much crap my personal inventory is full, and i cant pick anything up. So if i could reinstall the equipment and go into Awakening with my inventory like 160/125 and eventually stuff it all in the chest in awakening

Uh... you can reload your epilogue save and strip the armors on your companions, then start a new game and import the character again.

the thing is i have so much crap my personal inventory is full, and i cant pick anything up. So if i could reinstall the equipment and go into Awakening with my inventory like 160/125 and eventually stuff it all in the chest in awakening

Cheat! :biggrin:

Edit your savegame in the toolset to allow you to carry more items, so that you can take them all with you. :wink:

BTW- that chest there at the keep doesnt have unlimited storage capacity, you actually can fill it up. So having this done is really nice just in case you do fill it up.

Ok, to edit your savegame to expand your inventory-

Open up the toolcrap, and choose

File/open

documents/bioware/dragon age/characters/charactername/saves/

choose the most recent savegame slot (will have the highest number)

choose savegamename.das (not .das.met)

give it a minute or two to open the file. Pray it doesn't crash :wink:

go to savegame_partylist

savegame_max_items and change it to 999

save and when you load the save you can now carry 999 items

just don't buy any backpack after that or it will reset to 125

Included a pic to show you each area :smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/DarkeWolf/Untitled-1-2.jpg

Cheat! :biggrin:

Edit your savegame in the toolset to allow you to carry more items, so that you can take them all with you. :wink:

BTW- that chest there at the keep doesnt have unlimited storage capacity, you actually can fill it up. So having this done is really nice just in case you do fill it up.

Open up the toolcrap, and choose

File/open

documents/bioware/dragon age/characters/charactername/saves/

choose the most recent savegame slot (will have the highest number)

choose savegamename.das (not .das.met)

give it a minute or two to open the file. Pray it doesn't crash :wink:

go to savegame_partylist

savegame_max_items and change it to 999

save and when you load the save you can now carry 999 items

just don't buy any backpack after that or it will reset to 125

Included a pic to show you each area :smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/DarkeWolf/Untitled-1-2.jpg

what did you open the .das file with? and whats toolcrap? :huh:

Edit your savegame in the toolset to allow you to carry more items, so that you can take them all with you.

Open up the toolcrap, (very common nickname for toolset) and choose

File/open

Clarified. Toolcrap is the polite version of the nickname that many of us have for the toolset (TS).

Instructions tells ya how to open the .das file :wink:

Sorry about the confusion with the nick.

Oops just realized that you might not know what the toolset is. Its a program from bioware that lets you edit, create, and manage dragon age files.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/toolset/

or if you have trouble getting it from there

http://www.fileplanet.com/207103/200000/fileinfo/Dragon-Age:-Origins-Toolset (requires free membership)

Edit your savegame in the toolset to allow you to carry more items, so that you can take them all with you.

Open up the toolcrap, (very common nickname for toolset) and choose

File/open

Clarified. Toolcrap is the polite version of the nickname that many of us have for the toolset (TS).

Instructions tells ya how to open the .das file :wink:

Sorry about the confusion with the nick.

Oops just realized that you might not know what the toolset is. Its a program from bioware that lets you edit, create, and manage dragon age files.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/toolset/

or if you have trouble getting it from there

http://www.fileplanet.com/207103/200000/fileinfo/Dragon-Age:-Origins-Toolset (requires free membership)

It said out of memory? I read that it needs around 3.5gb of unused memory? :wacko:

Ugh. Yeah. Thats where the comment about "pray that it doesn't crash" comes from.

Known issue with opening late-game gamesaves is that error and crash.

K, are you opening the file from the file/open menu or dragging and dropping the character into the TS (toolset)? I find that it crashes a lot more often (actually reliably so for me) if I DnD the files in, instead of going thru the file menu. IE- If I dragNdrop the file in, it crashes.

On some of my filesaves it reads that it's sucking down 3.78 gigs of ram. Which is all my available ram, and half my virtual memory. Or most likely, the other way around. But best practice is to reboot your system and do it on a fresh boot when working with the toolset. Also if you're on a laptop, before your reboot, plug it into the outlet, and turn off power management (should be an icon for it in the taskbar, down there by the clock). Then shut it down and start it back up.

Ugh. Yeah. Thats where the comment about "pray that it doesn't crash" comes from.

Known issue with opening late-game gamesaves is that error and crash.

K, are you opening the file from the file/open menu or dragging and dropping the character into the TS (toolset)? I find that it crashes a lot more often (actually reliably so for me) if I DnD the files in, instead of going thru the file menu. IE- If I dragNdrop the file in, it crashes.

On some of my filesaves it reads that it's sucking down 3.78 gigs of ram. Which is all my available ram, and half my virtual memory. Or most likely, the other way around. But best practice is to reboot your system and do it on a fresh boot when working with the toolset. Also if you're on a laptop, before your reboot, plug it into the outlet, and turn off power management (should be an icon for it in the taskbar, down there by the clock). Then shut it down and start it back up.

Yeah I went to File/Open on a fresh boot no luck :sad:

That sucks. :sad:

If you want to upload the file to www.megaupload.com and then paste a link to it, I'll DL your savegame, make the edit for the expanded inventory, then upload it for you to have. I can get mine to edit large savegames about 75-80% of the time, so I'll give it a shot for ya :wink:

Just make sure to send me the savegame from the original character, not the one that you imported. :wink: