Alternate Start and Scripted Events Needed

Thaiauxn

1 member has voted

1. 1. What will you do for Project Brazil?

• Beta Test & Bug Report
    • Donate Modder Resources
    • Make Maps and Edit Worldspaces
    • Donate Dialogue and Notes
    • Make Suggestions

Fallout 3 - Project Brazil

-Help Wanted with Scripts and Level Design -

- There are identical topics at Bethesda Forums and F3Underground.com -

I have been developing Project Brazil now for 9 months. Some people have kids in that time, but I've built about 70% of the necessary maps and areas for a Mod. We currently have our maps at this percentage of completion:

Vault 18 - 95%

Black Bear Canyon - 65%

The Highway - 0%

The Dune Sea - 25%

Venice Beach - 65%

Downtown Santa Monica - 90%

The Gates of Brazil - 50%

The Main Shaft - 80%

The Administration - 90%

The Ministry of Information - 65%

The Upper Class Apartments - 98%

The Middle Class Apartments and Utilities - 90%

The Merchant Quarters - 85%

The Botanical Gardens - 90%

The Nova Arbour Gardens - 75%

The Banned Science Areas - 45%

The Water Works and Turbines - 65%

The Particle Collider - 65%

The Dyson Reactors - 55%

The Lower Shaft - 0%

The Urbanite "Brazil" - 30%

(% relative to scale)

We also have a staff of 5 Writers working on all our dialogue, myself included!

We have a cast of 12 voice actors from my professional career, as well as local talent. We will be using recording hardware at the University of Arizona, used to do professional quality voice over work for University commercials, student films, and televised events. A few of our voice actors are listed here: At Our Project Brazil Facebook Page

What we don't have, is a dedicated Event Scripter with the necessary experience in GECK to make our Quest Events and Alternate Start work.

We don't want to inundate our mod with unnecessary work. Most of what we ask for will be dialogue or quest related. While I understand the concepts behind scripting, I've been too busy building the HUGE areas of Brazil to study the topic in depth. That's where you would come in. I'm great at the Copy/Paste function.

If it's not simple quest topic variables which I can learn, it's the more complex task of triggering explosions as the player runs down a hallway while the Vault 18 reactor starts to melt down behind them - or it's setting the 8 Survivors of Vault 18 to companions which will follow the player as they run through the canyons of Bear Mountain, IF the player chooses a high enough Charisma and Speech skill to be a leader. That sort of thing. We're not asking for Cube Experimental mind breakers, just main quest triggers and vanilla effects.

Our Plan

If I invited you to this topic, it's because I'm sure that this project will be completed in a timely manner. If the past 9 straight months of work haven't shown my endurance, then I'm not sure what else I need to do to convince the doubters. I refuse to waste my time on anything I do, let alone 9 months of work.

We know this mod is a gigantic endeavour. It isn't unrealistic, but it is very complex. Thankfully, we are well on our way, and have received not only great community encouragement, but also resources from Cambragol's Vault 88 Resources (now out Vault 18 start,) dhellfox's Vault 130, and Meo3000's Vault Tek Resources.

The only deadlines being for writing the dialogue script and getting things voiced. To that end, we are using the Original Fallout 1 & 2 style of Main Quest characters being voiced, while secondary characters remain as text. It seems reasonable.

Our dialogue script will be implemented in the game very slowly. Beta 1 will have nothing but text. Beta 2 will be partially voiced. RC1 will have everything Voiced Over.I could use a little help adding it to the game, but thanks to a few helpful tutorials, I can now do that myself. You will be updated every step of the way.

We will release alphas in the mean time to keep up community interest and hopefully receive "Crowd Source" input from fellow modders. The next build goes up next week.

I was also told that the only way to do the impossible, is to do it yourself. No one can make your dreams for you. You want to be in the movies? Make them yourself. You want to see your video game become reality, to be a voice actor and become one of those people you look up to? First, make one yourself. So, I am.

Your Job Description

As a SCRIPTER, your task won't be to create new models and areas, wasting your time and making the project a burden. It's not your responsibility to make new areas or create what you need to see your vision complete. If you'd like to add more areas, please do! Our list of interiors is already huge, but can always be expanded! You're welcome to be part of our development and writing staff as well! You know more about what you are doing with scripts than I do, so your input into direction will be more valid than my own. If something is too difficult, or could be greatly improved, please take over that section at your discretion.

What We need

- An Alternate Start - To begin in Vault 18. Appearance and Stats to be chosen by the player after a brief introduction, where a dialouge menu allows the player to choose his/her path as an Athlete or as a Nerd. Later, after the escape to the canyon, as night falls the player must avoid hoards of feral ghouls and trogs that emerge only in the evening darkness.

- Quest Triggers - Upon completing the first part of the Vault 18 quest, the player goes to sleep and wakes up 2 years later as a full adult. They grow a couple inches depending upon their Strength and Endurance stats.

- Level Triggered Effects - As the Vault 18 reactor melts down, the Vault starts to crumble. Random explosions and falling Havock objeccts are a threat to the player as they fight their way past security, and the Enclave, on their way to the administration.

- Companions - If the player has chosen to play as an Athlete with high charisma and speech, they ca lead 8 Vault residents to safety. They also have the ability to chose high repair skills, or high combat skills. In both, they can build different improvised weapons or

- Build-able Robots - As a Nerd, your character has the ability to build, arm, and repair robots. First in Vault 18, and later in Project Brazil. You can also assemble new laser weapons. You must add new parts to the robot corpses and to special Robot workbences in Brazil.

- New Computer Network Hacking - A terminal displays a list of topics. In each topic, it lists the hacking difficulty of each topic. As the player chose a topic, it runs a script to replace that terminal with a new computer, offering a hacking challenge, which then unlock the special information.

Our Organization

I work in film and television production as my day job. I've run one company as board member, and I also have my own company, Radian-Helix Media right now. I try to conduct all my dealings professionally, and immediately, no matter what I'm doing. I'm actually DYING this week in Shadoworks Film's ISSAC. Despite getting cut in half by an insane mental patient who works out too much, I will still respond to my cell phone texts, email, and forum messages every 6 hours or so. Yeah. I'm that dedicated.

We have set up the game in stages. We would like to script them one at a time to keep things organized.

As part of the Project Brazil team, you are added to every conversation. Every email that goes out you are privy to. No secrets, no drama.

I'd like at least 3 scripters. It would be best if you know one another, or have worked on another large project.

We have our:

1 Director: "Thaiauxn" - Brandan Lee

5 Writers, Brandan Lee, Rachel, Steven, Clinton, and Michael.

12 Voice Actors, *See Facebook Link

2 Audio tecs, David and Dylan

We have 1 Mapper - Me, Thaiauxn, with donations from the community cutting time in half. I could always use more help here, but that's another topic for another day.

We have no Scripters as of yet. Models are to be mostly vanilla, or gathered from the community resources through permissions.

Thank you for your time and advice!