Create A Faction Mod

brolysamason

Create A Faction

Enables the PC to make his/her own faction via npc/menu functions

Is this possible?

I was thinking that maybe you could talk to a npc, lets say Octavo, and have it where he has an option to create your own faction. Once chosen, you are asked to pay the fee.

Once you've payed for the permit, maybe make it a script effect where you can click on the permit and a menu comes up.

In this menu, you can choose the following (or something along the lines of):

- Faction Name (name the faction anything you like)

- Faction Class (e.g.--Fighters guild support mainly melee class, and the mages guild magic class, ect.)

- Faction Head Quarters (perhaps as simple as placing an object on the ground and activating it, so that way other mods can be used as HQ, (e.g.--GlenvarCastle))

- Faction Rankings (promote, demote your active members, including maybe general types that have lower ranked npcs in their command)

- Faction Missions (Assign quests to groups of your faction. (not sure how hard this would be, but it would be pretty cool to have npc's do some quests for you))

- Faction Uniform (adds the ability to select a uniform for your faction members)(EDIT:Added this thanks to a suggestion)

As an additional function, add a way to recruit members into your faction, similar to how Companion mods function.

- Any more suggestions? Post and add your thoughts.

I think that before you even are allowed to create a faction/guild you should do some sort of quest to prove you can handle the responsibility. then some gold (lets say a minor 5000 septims) for the paperwork,etc

you should also add buildings for sale in towns that you could purchase for the guild.

maybe salaries would be needed to pay but you would also get money from completed contracts of your members

a uniform should be created for the factions (player designated of course)

these are just suggestions.

i like the idea, especially if you go with faction uniforms, however it would take some pretty intense scripting and of course OBSE, faction missions and faction naming however might not be entirely doable but if someone has the patience and time to make something like that i imagine it would be pretty cool, best to keep it semi simple though - avoid making new buildings and just allow the player to pick faction homes from buildings they own.

I'm going to have to agree with AcheronOrton, keep it simple until at least a simple version is made that can be expanded upon.

maybe salaries would be needed to pay but you would also get money from completed contracts of your members

a uniform should be created for the factions (player designated of course)

These are good suggestions, maybe they could be added later on as this would be quite difficult to pull off with just one modder.