Need some help here please,Random crashes

CLouDxL

btw i fixed my prob and i now have 4 gigs of virtual memory,hope this helps me play the game....

EDIT:WhiteShades....WELL DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I installed the game and played it for more than an hour without a single crash!Damn u are good mate,thanks for all the help !

2nd edit :P :I am currently running the game on 1.02 version ,if i install 1.03 update is my game gonna become buggy and crashing all the time?

Another question is that if i need to upgrade to 1.03 if i want to install DAO:Awakening and if awakening is gonna make my game buggy

Last question is that i think that there's upgrade version 1.04 right?does this version make my game buggy?

Sorry for all those questions but now that i have made the game playable(not even one crash in 3 hours gameplay LOOOL) i dont want to ruin it...

Thanks in advance

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw i fixed my prob and i now have 4 gigs of virtual memory,hope this helps me play the game....

EDIT:WhiteShades....WELL DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I installed the game and played it for more than an hour without a single crash!Damn u are good mate,thanks for all the help !

2nd edit :P :I am currently running the game on 1.02 version ,if i install 1.03 update is my game gonna become buggy and crashing all the time?

Another question is that if i need to upgrade to 1.03 if i want to install DAO:Awakening and if awakening is gonna make my game buggy

Last question is that i think that there's upgrade version 1.04 right?does this version make my game buggy?

Sorry for all those questions but now that i have made the game playable(not even one crash in 3 hours gameplay LOOOL) i dont want to ruin it...

Thanks in advance

See post #37 on the previous page. It answers every one of these questions. :thumbsup:

i read that post thandal thanks for all that info,last question at last,is 1.04 buggy?

Define "buggy".

a) Did 1.04 correct even all the known issues? No. Did it introduce new ones? As far as I am aware, only the roll-back of "scripts.ldf" to the version from 1.02.

b) Does it matter? If you want to play GoA or WH, (or anything at all if you have the UE) then, No. You'll have to install 1.04. (At least it doesn't make things any worse than 1.03, and should have improved a few.)

For some (most?) of us, it was 1.03 that caused massive headaches with frequent (sometimes every few minutes!) Crashes to the Desktop. seemingly at random, (although I may have detected a pattern to mine.) And since everything new from DA:A onwards requires it, there isn't a lot of choice in the matter, (unless you want to keep playing the same areas over-and-over. :laugh: )

c) 1.04 should have fixed the majority of the CtD problems, but in my case I found that they still occured much to often, and that the FO3 "fix" still made a huge difference, eliminating the vast majority of them. :thumbsup:

so the choices are 2:play dragon age Only with 1.02 or update to 1.04 if i want awakening

1.04 s gonna make my game crash more often than 1.02 right?

can ya please gimme a link to Fo:3 fix to see what is this thing and if it can help me?

Another question:if i finish the storyline of dragon age origins can i continue playing with that player?(if i can i could play the main storyline with 1.02 and then install awakening and the patches)

so the choices are 2:play dragon age Only with 1.02 or update to 1.04 if i want awakening

No. Read what was said. DA:A requires (in fact, will auto-install) 1.03.

1.04 s gonna make my game crash more often than 1.02 right?

No. Read what was said. SOME users started experiencing a large number of crashes beginning with 1.03. One of the things the 1.04 patch tried to do was address at least some of the causes for this.

can ya please gimme a link to Fo:3 fix to see what is this thing and if it can help me?

Read what was said. Link provided in the first post that mentioned this.

Another question:if i finish the storyline of dragon age origins can i continue playing with that player?(if i can i could play the main storyline with 1.02 and then install awakening and the patches)

Unclear what you're asking here, Until you install 1.03 (and then, perhaps, 1.04) what "... continuing with that player... " were you going to do?

There is no story past the end of DA:O until you at least install 1.03 (needed for DA:A and LS.) Although if you had not yet done TSP, RtO and/or WK by the Coronation, it is possible to do those afterwards...

i mean that when i finish the dragon age storyline ,if i install the dlc and awakening later i will be able to play em with the same char that has finished the main campain right?And if i understood correctly the only certain thing is that 1.04 is not worse than 1.03,in fact it fixes some of 1.03's bugs but its gonna crash more often than 1.02 that's for sure

As long as you keep a save (preferably the last one) from that character you will be able to import it to Awakenings (and DA2 - decisions and outcome only.)

As for crashing, I'm using 1.04 and I can go for days and even weeks without crashing and then I can crash every 10 minutes for a day and then back to no crashing - it is what it is. Frequent cool-down periods for your machine don't hurt - every 45-90 minutes take a break, rebooting every now and again can help and if you mod your game a lot you should consider defragging your HD at least once a week. It's not a fix-all but it helps.

i mean that when i finish the dragon age storyline ,if i install the dlc and awakening later i will be able to play em with the same char that has finished the main campain right?And if i understood correctly the only certain thing is that 1.04 is not worse than 1.03,in fact it fixes some of 1.03's bugs but its gonna crash more often than 1.02 that's for sure

Yes, to the question "Can I continue with my PC into DA:A, GoA, and WH?" One can take one's Warden "forward" through the various modules. One CANNOT take one's Warden backwards. (That surprised me!)

No, to the question "Is it gonna crash more often than under 1.02?" As Rusty said, CtD depends on so many factors that it's impossible to tell if it will, or what makes a real difference. All the "fixes" we've mentioned (including WhiteShades' "increase the virtual memory size") are simply things we've found that seemed to help in our own cases. YMMV. If something seems to work for YOU... Great!