Hespith

Lehcar

Doesn't anyone else wish that slaughtering Hespith was an option? I sure do. Because we all know that she is going to transform into another broodmother and just bring more genlocks into the world, something that nobody either wants or needs. I always chase after her when she runs off disappears after you converse with her, wishing I could spear the disgusting abomination with a sword.

But I wonder... why is she such a selfish little b*tch? If she remembers what has happened to her and is aware of the fact that she is turning into a goddamn broodmother, why the hell doesn't she do the noble thing and kill herself? Why does she have no regard for the innocents that are going to suffer from her bringing more darkspawn into the world? Why does she not save herself from becoming a monster and being yet another menace to all living things on the planet? Why the hell does she just run off like a little p*ssy to pig out on more darkspawn corpses?

I know it sounds harsh, but geez, if that were me, I'd spare everyone, including myself, a lot more suffering and just drive a sword through my heart.

Also while I'm on the subject of broodmothers... I kind of hope we'll be seeing more of them in DA2, oddly enough, not sure why. Mainly because all we've seen so far is what dwarven broodmother look like (and they're very disgusting), so I'm hoping we'll see other races in the future. I'm very, very curious to see what an elven broodmother looks like, and I'm also interested in seeing what human broodmothers look like too. I know we've already seen "The Mother", who was a human woman, but I don't know if she just looks the way she does because she's "special", or if she actually resembles other human broodmamas. I'm also curious to know what qunari broodmothers might look like, the mothers of those dreaded ogres... (*shudder*)

edit: Wait a second... where exactly in "Awakening" was it stated that "The Mother" is of human origin? How do we know that she is?

I would use the kill Hespith option without hesitation.

I think she fears death more than she fears becoming a broodmother. The logic in that escapes me but the survival instinct is stronger in some people than it is in others.

As for the mother, I never saw it stated and but I would have assume from her appearance she is human. A dwarf or qunari would have a fatter jaw/face and an elf would have pointed ears.

I have never even got the idea of slaughtering Hespith. She is not going to turn into a broodmother any time soon it seems so I never felt any compulsion to chop her. I can understand that others would think of this though given the fact that all darkspawn must die and Hespith is more or less darkspawn. I have heard that BioWare intended a slightly longer storyline for Hespith including her death, which was a conclusion reached by some players who came across extra lines in the toolset that weren't used in the game.

I have never even got the idea of slaughtering Hespith. She is not going to turn into a broodmother any time soon it seems so I never felt any compulsion to chop her. I can understand that others would think of this though given the fact that all darkspawn must die and Hespith is more or less darkspawn. I have heard that BioWare intended a slightly longer storyline for Hespith including her death, which was a conclusion reached by some players who came across extra lines in the toolset that weren't used in the game.

No, she is going to turn into a Broodmother, very soon. She even says herself that she is "but a step from Laryn" (the broodmother that you fight shortly after your meeting with her).

I thought she was just a ghoul much like Ruck.

I had also thought that Hespith was like Ruck. The broodmother part I envisioned as being part of her future, but not anything immediate.

I think that BW want to give Hespith a cameo in the future. That's why she isn't dead, simple.

This could well be true. It would certainly make for an interesting cameo or perhaps even a bigger role. They could do quite some crazy storylines there.

This is from the toolset tied in with her dialogue/conversation after the defeat of the broodmother:

[COMMENT] POST BROODMOTHER DEATH LINESaction: As the death scene ends, the show the player Hespith, now standing above the scene somewhere high enough that a fall would kill her ( or above a landing spot that will disguise her impact so as it is reas

I can't read the rest, but would guess reasonable to assume death? However, in the game she turns and walks away from, but from her angle she is gone when it gets back to the player. By using a different camera to see this she walks to the pillar at the end of the ledge she stands on just out sight of the player, then stops. I cannot find a jump scene, so the point about her coming back later may be why there is no jump scene like there is for Caridin.