Vigil's keep destroyed??

Lehcar

I did all of the sidequests! I got all of the ore for the smith guy, including the silverite. I got the walls all upgraded, granite and all. I cleared out the Keep's basment and sealed off the deep roads. I got all of the lyrium sand I could find for the explosive guy. I spread out the troops to all three the places they were needed. I did everything the guide said to do! So I thought it was safe to defend Amaranthine and leave the Keep to itself, so why the heck is the Keep still showing up on the map as "destroyed by darkspawn"?!

What did I do wrong?!

... So I thought it was safe to defend Amaranthine and leave the Keep to itself, so why the heck is the Keep still showing up on the map as "destroyed by darkspawn"?!

What did I do wrong?!

Hmmmmm... You got the granite and stuff for the dwarven masons as well, right? And you did all of that "buff the keep" stuff well ahead (in game time) of the attack of the DS, and not just right before heading to town for the FB? Then I'd have to agree with Brokenergy, sounds like a stuck plot flag. :pinch:

I did all of the sidequests! I got all of the ore for the smith guy, including the silverite. I got the walls all upgraded, granite and all. I cleared out the Keep's basment and sealed off the deep roads. I got all of the lyrium sand I could find for the explosive guy. I spread out the troops to all three the places they were needed. I did everything the guide said to do! So I thought it was safe to defend Amaranthine and leave the Keep to itself, so why the heck is the Keep still showing up on the map as "destroyed by darkspawn"?!

What did I do wrong?!

It lost it on my last run through as well. The one thing I didn't do (you mentioned the other wrong possibility above) and it cost me the Vigil was I assigned troops to guard trade when I should have kept them all at the keep. Trade problems solved when you recruit or kill Velanna and the Warden saves Amaranthine; no need for troops to be anywhere but at the Vigil. Even so, at the end scene, the only fatality was Justice, Anders was a hero and Velanna pulled a Morrigan and just up and disappeared. Damage to the city fixed in 2 yrs, the Vigil repaired in 5, Father and Mother dead, darkspawn in retreat. I considered it a victory.

I think if you decide to defend Amaranthine you can't go back to the Keep, it forces you to make a choice. Technically, I believe it's suppose to be destroyed, just not immediately (like it would if you got no upgrades at all). You can only go back if you let Amaranthine burn to the ground.

you either save vigil or amaranthine you can't do both :thumbsup: that's why when you chose amaranthine , vigil's keep gray's out

Gah... well, I also noticed some other inconsistencies, at least in regards to my char being a dwarf, since I've only played it as a dwarf so far. Most notably the epilogue slides tell about the "Commander of the Grey" being invited to Orzammar as a guest of honor. What the heck? In the Origins epilogue, my char returned to his home Orzammar and became a Paragon. How can he be a guest in his own home, especially if he's a living ancestor?! :wacko:

Meh. Thats probably generic. They must not have put a check in there to see if the character was a pre-existing transition, or a new character. And just wrote it like that to cover both possibilities. Just a guess.

If its upgraded then nobody dies at the Vigil but it's still destroyed, if it isn't then they die because they couldn't hold off the horde. I thought I made a mistake, too, first time around but after the epilogue I saw that the people at the Vigil survived because of the upgrades.

Gah... well, I also noticed some other inconsistencies, at least in regards to my char being a dwarf, since I've only played it as a dwarf so far. Most notably the epilogue slides tell about the "Commander of the Grey" being invited to Orzammar as a guest of honor. What the heck? In the Origins epilogue, my char returned to his home Orzammar and became a Paragon. How can he be a guest in his own home, especially if he's a living ancestor?! :wacko:

I'm not even going to start on a Magi asking for the royal boon at the end of Origins and those templars at the beginning of Awakening... :pinch: