Vigil's keep destroyed??

Lehcar

Its not a bug guys you can only choose what to save like the city of Amarantine or the Vigil's Keep.

Awakening has a lot of bad and good consequence like if you choose Amarantine you would be a hero or if you choose Vigil's Keep you become a great general and people of Ferelden would think you are a JackAss!!!

Thats the Awakening best feature its talking about reality in Dragon Age!!!!

I am sure I have had an ending whereby both were saved , the Keep holding out due to my upgrades , on checking with the Wiki it seems there is a bug at this point and your friends in the keep may or may not survive due to the whims of this bug.

In one of my games I did all the upgrades and, although the keep was greyed out when I chose to save Amaranthine, the epilogue told of how the walls held, how heroic Oghren was etc. It also says the keep's walls held for weeks until the horde gave up and went away. Then it talks about how The Commander returned to the Keep to rebuild. So it took losses and was pretty badly beaten up but because of the upgrades it held. I don't know what bug there was, or what went wrong in your playthrough but if you did everything properly everyone will survive (you just can't go visit them again)

In one of my games I did all the upgrades and, although the keep was greyed out when I chose to save Amaranthine, the epilogue told of how the walls held, how heroic Oghren was etc. It also says the keep's walls held for weeks until the horde gave up and went away. Then it talks about how The Commander returned to the Keep to rebuild. So it took losses and was pretty badly beaten up but because of the upgrades it held. I don't know what bug there was, or what went wrong in your playthrough but if you did everything properly everyone will survive (you just can't go visit them again)

Ah yes...that is right...it is in the epilogue that you are told about it..thanks for refreshing my memory :)

I did all of the sidequests! I got all of the ore for the smith guy, including the silverite. I got the walls all upgraded, granite and all. I cleared out the Keep's basment and sealed off the deep roads. I got all of the lyrium sand I could find for the explosive guy. I spread out the troops to all three the places they were needed. I did everything the guide said to do! So I thought it was safe to defend Amaranthine and leave the Keep to itself, so why the heck is the Keep still showing up on the map as "destroyed by darkspawn"?!

What did I do wrong?!

Now I was under the impression that you could only save one or the other you couldn't save them both and you had to make a choice between the two of them. Thats what a friend said that played through the game.

[Now I was under the impression that you could only save one or the other you couldn't save them both and you had to make a choice between the two of them. Thats what a friend said that played through the game.

"You", the Warden, can only choose one or the other to defend personally. Whichever you choose, you'll get in-game indications that things have gone very badly at the other. But at least for my playthroughs, after having buffed the Keep to the max, then decided to stay in town, there's been a "happy ending" in the Epilogue Slides saying that a) the NPCs at the Keep either survived or died heroically accomplishing some long-lasting good, and b) the damage both to the Keep and to Amaranthine was quickly repaired and the Arling prosperous after a very short period.

My favorite is the outcome from my chartiable efforts on behalf of the "Blight Orfans". :tongue:

• 1 month later...
The Codex text is all wrong if you meet the conditions for The Enduring Keep accomplishment. Lazy programming, my mean how hard is it to change two line of text or simply stop that codex update from triggering. When you get to the epilogue the keep is still there.

You need to upgrade the Keep`s defenses to the maximum and have a high level of approval with your comrades, thus completing their personal`s quest, also give all the materials to Wade in order to equip your soldiers, if you find the silverite deposit they are even called the "silverite army".