Help with GECK (PRos please!)

d93ben

Whenever I try to load the Fallout.esm or any other .esm/.esp the GECK freezes up, and I'd really like to help some people on their mods, however I can't because I can't use the GECK myself. I run on VISTA, and I've installed Fallout 3 into another drive, and installed GECK into that directory, however it seems that whenever I try to load the data, it freezes up. If anyone can tell me why it is, that would be nice. :)

as was suggested to me, install both the geck as Fall Out directly on your HDD, something like "C:\Fall Out 3"

Also, the geck isnt a type program like MS Word, it needs time to load. It may take a while before it's completely loaded (takes me at least 2-4 minutes)

as was suggested to me, install both the geck as Fall Out directly on your HDD, something like "C:\Fall Out 3"

Also, the geck isnt a type program like MS Word, it needs time to load. It may take a while before it's completely loaded (takes me at least 2-4 minutes)

Mhmm, I tried that first but like having trouble with the Oblivion editor, it did the same thing, and then I read a topic where for Vista there was a problem in which the same thing would happen, so I tried installing it into another hard drive. I mean the geck loads fine and all.. And the windows are all functioning and such, but the problem is when I try loading, the fallout.esm file freezes up at 20%

Mhmm, I tried that first but like having trouble with the Oblivion editor, it did the same thing, and then I read a topic where for Vista there was a problem in which the same thing would happen, so I tried installing it into another hard drive. I mean the geck loads fine and all.. And the windows are all functioning and such, but the problem is when I try loading, the fallout.esm file freezes up at 20%

Nevermind I figured it out! BANZAI!

Now that you have gotten GECK to load up, get into the habit of saving your mod file often. The GECK is a finicky beast and is prone to locking up, freezing and crashing just after you have done important work.

Have fun :)