Gorangas real life system

goranga

Dating system

I wanted to make dating as close to the real thing as possible (as much as game engine limitations allow me).

These are criteria for dating:

- Flexibility - being able to date anyone in the game world and at any location without any restrictions

- Interesting gameplay - the gameplay for this is modeled from real world dating, so it should be interesting enough for people that like those kinds of things.

- Sex specific - the gameplay is different for male and female players

Relationship status:

There are two variables that will determine all possible outcomes:

- Confidence - It will allow or prohibit a male to move relationship forward (e.g. to kiss). It represents male's emotional state. This variable will be randomly given to NPCs and even player (just like in the real world). That will make some guys out there very difficult to date.

- Attraction (perception of male) - females select males for their attractive qualities. By looking for male's behavioral cues (unconsciously), female can put together the picture what he is all about and if he is attractive.

By talking to NPCs in the game, those two variables will change. This is the place where strict pattern should be applied. But due to game engine limitations, those dialogues needed to be random. Based on what you did and NPCs responce to your actions, those variables can move up and down. Those variables determine a great number of possible outcomes for each action that you make (sometimes you can get away with something that you did just because you was confident enough).

Phisical escalation:

To escalate means to move relationship forward.

If a player is male, his job is to try to do something phisical with his date and to escalate toward sex. From time to time you will try to do something like: ask a girl out, touch a gril, kiss, ask to move to more private place...Based on what she thinks of you (attraction) and how confident you are to pull off some of those things, there will be some possible outcomes for your attempt (she can leave, she can stay, impact on your confidence, impact on her perception of you etc). Basicaly, males need to go through some crazy s***.

If player is female, she can only make decisions to accept or to refuse male's escalations (he will try something to do automaticaly - e.g. to kiss). I wanted to get close to real life here. Each NPC has randomly given confidence. That will make some of them very hard to date (even those NPCs you like or want to marry), because they have low confidence to escalate things.

Memory:

To begin to even think about making something like this, I needed to give a "memory" to NPCs. They needed to remember where relaionship stoped, what does he/she think of you and what you did before. This allowed things to generalize - you can have any status of relationship with anyone. Males/females that you have had sex with, you will probably be able to do it again (relatively quickly).

Phases of dating:

1. Open conversation

This happens on the streets or wherever you meet a girl/guy. You will have a little chat with her/him on the spot. Basicaly, the guy will start to tease and make jokes to lower girl's *censored* shield or try to say something very smart to get some points. Girl will act sometimes nice, sometimes bitchy and play hard to get (well, you know the drill). After a short chat, if you are a male, you suppose to ask a girl out. If you are female, a guy will ask you out (or just leave if he doesn't feel like doing it) and female can accept or refuse. I don't need to mention that variables lead this decision process (accept, refuse, ask her, don't ask her) for males and females.

2. Move to comfort building location

Street is terrible place to have a private chat. You need to move your date to some place where you can get to know each other better. That place should have some chairs where you can both sit. Some places for this are: bar (the most logical), some bench in a park, a boat (look for mods), your house (not that I imply something here)...This is the playground for the most important things. This is the place where you will escalate.

3. Escalation

How to do this? There are two important things here (for male players):

1. Conversation...You use this tool to create attraction and comfort. This is necessary before you make a move itself

2. Attempt...This is you phisical move to do something (e.g. to kiss). To make this even more real, I gave some feedback to player how the girl reacted to his attempt (is she ready?!?). The player can decide to stop if the girl feels uncomfortable. If the girl is too much uncomfortable with what he does, she will leave.

Male players wrestle with three variables here: their own confidence, attraction and comfort. I thought it's fair to give them some helping hand. I made this wine prop. Many NPCs that deal with "liquids" sell this wine, but if you are in a bar, every bartender (public merchant) has one. It will help a bit.

For female this is much more easy, because they can be passive as much as they want and leave the guy do all the job. Females wrestle with only one variable - guy's confidence. A guy will try to do something (touch, kiss...) and the girl will decide whether to allow a male to escalate or to play with his nerves and refuse his advances (to play hard to get. I made no penalties for this, so you can do it as much as you want. It's even recomended).

4. Moving to seduction location

The final step in escalation is sex or marriage. This is the part when they decide to have sex (no strings attached).

This place is some very private place. Some ideas for those are: player's house, some dark corner where nobody can see you, some other place where nobody can see you... (you've got the idea). Just move your date to that place and do your thing. You can do this while married too (your spouse can hear about this from someone and, maybe, ask for divorce). Watch out not to get pregnant or impregnate someone (if you don't want a kid on your neck).

5. Marriage

If you decide to marry someone, you can pick any place for ceremony. Some appropriate places are: church, some other nice looking clean place...Just move your future spouse to that place and tell him/her that you want to marry there. The priest will be summoned at that location (that way you can marry anywhere). The priest will run his little speach and give you two rings. You will give one of those rings to your spouse and two of you will kiss.

The end

PLEASE, DON'T ASK ABOUT RELEASE DATE. I will post that information here when the mod is good and ready for that.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah also Goranga there is a site called wolflore one of the Moderators said it would be worth telling you about it, If you sent a message they would probably let you post you're mods on there since Lots of people go on there for mods of adult nature and this one would probably get a lot of downloads trust me give wolflore a try do post ya mod on TESnexus too still but ask the Wolflore staff if you could post some on there too.

Here is a Link to wolflore:

http://wolflore.enmesharra.com/

Here is a link to the Community forums:

http://wolflore.enmesharra.com/index.php?name=Forums

And here is a Link to the thread people are talking about you and this mod:

http://wolflore.enmesharra.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1207

Here is what a moderator said:

swordsman5

Wolflore Staff

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:15 pm Post subject: Re: Goranga is known to crreate quality adult mods.

Up shot is that if he needs somewhere to do his thing then there's an adult group here who don't take offence at nudity, sex (in most of it's forms) and the boards are pretty much flame free. People try and help each other as it should be, and not the petty infighting you see most places.

Thanks...

Nobody on TESnexus is offended by nudity or forbid adult files. The reason why you don't see my adult files here was something else and it doesn't exist anymore.

This file will be published on TESnexus in it's original, English, version. However, I will permit some translations to other languages and upload to other sites.

The new feature for the sex system - public sex penalties

Between Tefnacht and myself, this feature is known as "the top of immersion for the sex system"...And it's just added to the system.

If you have sex somewhere where guards can see you, they will come to stop you and charge you 20 gold for public immoral. If you don't have money to pay or whatever, you will go to jail. That will prevent you to have sex in public places where guards can see you (or you can take the risk).

Beside that, if you have public sex and people can see you, they will throw some comments at you like "Why don't two of you find a room".

I would upload some pics, but rules of the house forbid naked poligons to be uploaded here.

C'mon I'm awaiting you're next Post Anxiously say anything lol I got this forum on my Favourites I check it everyday and you haven't posted anything new lately anything will do just say something lol I need a new post from som1

Hiya i've been watching this mod since you first started this thread .... i think its a brilliant idea ..... im one of those people thats obsessed with realism .. and to hear that your making such a large scale mod ..... thats adding pregnancy, realistic-relationships, human-needs and children is great to hear :thumbsup: thumbs up from me all the way. i just have one question ... is this gonna be one of those mods that inhibits same-sex .... (specifically male/male) ? i see a lot of these relationship mods inhibit that side of same-sex relationships but dont inhibit female/female ... i think it would be a great idea to have no restrictions .. purely for the fact that people with other* tastes can also use it :biggrin: plus+ it adds more realism to the mod as a whole..... has this already been implemented? also have you/are you gonna add the more tender side of love... like kissing and hugging? :turned:

this mod sounds great! i will be keeping my ears peeled as usual! :thumbsup:

C'mon I'm awaiting you're next Post Anxiously say anything lol I got this forum on my Favourites I check it everyday and you haven't posted anything new lately anything will do just say something lol I need a new post from som1

Tefnacht is working on additional animations at the moment. I finished all systems and beta-tested them. I need to take break and distance from everything.

When Tefnacht finish with animations, I will jump in again. Every system is separate unit and has it's own gameplay. I will to connect them. That will take some more work and beta-testing. Those systems share variables, dialogues, some dialogues must be blocked when female is pregnant etc. I don't know how much time will it all take...

Hiya i've been watching this mod since you first started this thread .... i think its a brilliant idea ..... im one of those people thats obsessed with realism .. and to hear that your making such a large scale mod ..... thats adding pregnancy, realistic-relationships, human-needs and children is great to hear :thumbsup: thumbs up from me all the way. i just have one question ... is this gonna be one of those mods that inhibits same-sex .... (specifically male/male) ? i see a lot of these relationship mods inhibit that side of same-sex relationships but dont inhibit female/female ... i think it would be a great idea to have no restrictions .. purely for the fact that people with other* tastes can also use it :biggrin: plus+ it adds more realism to the mod as a whole..... has this already been implemented? also have you/are you gonna add the more tender side of love... like kissing and hugging? :turned:

this mod sounds great! i will be keeping my ears peeled as usual! :thumbsup:

Bi/Hetero/Homo sexual relationships are supported in the sex system. However, dating was complex enough to make for hetero only. Dialogues are very gender specific, so...There will not be support for gay in dating system in the release version.

Prostitution is a bit different. Currently, it only supports hetero (no technical reason for this. I simply blocked it), but I can release homo as well.

Kissing and hugging...There are no animations for those. My dating system in it's present form contains only comment about what happened (like: "You kissed her"). This is what happens...You meet a person and take him/her to any location you want (let's say a bar). They will sit to talk. It's imposible now to make an animation for two of them kissing or hugging while sitting in a bar. The only thing that can be done here is to make a screenshot of them doing something which is played as appropriate time. For now, there is only a comment about what they are doing and how they feel.

In dating, I've put focus on the process (gameplay). You need to escalate or move relationship somewhere. Those steps are touch - kiss - sex (or get married). To be able to pull that off, you need to talk to create attraction and comfort. When you think that a girl is attracted to you, you have dialogue line to try to do something (e.g. kiss). Her feelings will be reported to you about what are you trying to do. Her reaction depends on your confidence and her attraction towards you. In that moment you can decide to back off or continue to do that what are you doing. She will react somehow again. This is gameplay for male player. For female player, the key is guys confidence. There is a code that make him automaticaly try something (e.g. kiss). Female player has control to accept or refuse those escalations of male. If he wuss out at any moment, he will leave.

Tefnacht is working on additional animations at the moment. I finished all systems and beta-tested them. I need to take break and distance from everything.

When Tefnacht finish with animations, I will jump in again. Every system is separate unit and has it's own gameplay. I will to connect them. That will take some more work and beta-testing. Those systems share variables, dialogues, some dialogues must be blocked when female is pregnant etc. I don't know how much time will it all take...

I dont mean saying stuff about mod I just want you to talk so I can talk back and maybe talk bout somit cool cuz Im bored and I wanna find a way to chat with you so -_- (OFC IT DON'T MEAN I AINT INTRESTED IN THE MOD I AM I HAVE READ ALL YOU'RE POSTS)