Gorangas real life system

goranga

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi this is Goranga

I will continue to work on this mod. I will make pauses in modding, but I think, This mod will be finished eventually.

I have some new concepts for dating, which is in my opinion, the most important part of this mod. System of interaction between actors and player will be completely changed. I will work on dating first. Other parts of the mod will be rewritten too. I will work on the sex system the last. Unfortunately, I can't use the sex system that's been already made, but that's not a problem. I will learn to use blender and make animations myself.

Goranga

For the kids, can you do the trick with messing with the race height and width?

Then again, I've never tried to make kids, just dwarves.

Yeah, but female children will have boobs. This thing that Slygothmog mentioned with HGEC AA, A, B can simulate female children growing up. I need meshes for NPCs with clothes for those body types (and permission from author to use it).

Also, the problem is the size of the head to the rest of the body, because children have slightly bigger head. There are also other proportions that are different in children than in grown people. It would be nice if someone solved the whole issue. I remember this one mod that adds children and more NPCs, but I forgot the name. I don't know if author used some special meshes or just resized the body. However, I can't find it.

Changing size is option for male children.

Most stock clothing exists in AA/A cup, C cup, E-cup, H cup and Oh-my-goodness-how-does-she-stay-upright-cup sizes - look for stock replacers.

The X117 race has the head oversized relative to the body, which giveds a childlike appearance when used. the "x117" is the scaling of the head, it's "normal sixe x 1.17"

@ Genzel

Hi Genzel. How are your?

@ MarkInMKUK

Are you suggesting that someone managed to re-scale a head alone using some code? If you do, can you please check how s/he did that. Changing head size would do the trick. Thanks for the input.

I will start to work on dating and change it completely. I have some new ideas and I would like to test them. I don't like the fact that you need to enter dialog mode when you want to talk to someone. Let's say that you find some cool place to take your date to. Maybe you found some cool bar, house or you want to take your date in the wilderness with camp fire , tents and other things around. The last thing you want to do is to enter dialog mode and become unaware of your environment and those cool visual settings. Immersion would be destroyed that way. I think I found the way to solve this. Also, I found the way to give personality to NPCs. They will respond differently to the same things that you do while dating. Some core concepts will remain unchanged, like, your date forming an opinion of you, remember what they think of you next time you see them, moving your date to different locations etc.

I will redesign other systems as well, but dating is the most important part so I will focus on that right now.

Edited by goranga

Modem's City Life has children but they look more like 13-15.

Child Races another one. .

Children of Oblivion Resources tries to make childlike features and has some toys and books, but they still look more the age for Hogwarts to me.

This site has information on proportions of face for infants, toddlers, and children. Maybe if someone can make a mesh. Hmm, what if someone made a child race based on an animal instead of a playable race? I heard you can only have one body mesh for male and one for female, so I was wondering...what if you base the small children off an animal instead and replace the mesh and animations? I know there are companion animals, but I don't know how that works.

@ Telyn

I think they did the same thing as myself - they simply re-scaled NPCs. That way you can simulate kids growing up with a script. If someone wants to make childlike NPCs, he needs to make new meshes, but in that case you have a problem to simulate them growing up (you need to make new NPC for every stage of growing up). It seems that you can't win here. I will stick to simple re-scaling of NPCs. It's not visually attractive, but it's functional.

I've made a little demo for the new way of interaction between actors and player. It works. This will not only help immersion, but it will allow me to put billion of different lines that actors can say - no limitations. I think its worth to go in this new direction. "In game dating" will be finally interesting for a change.

In other systems, I will l put similar way of interacting as in dating. It will be without boring dialogs. Player will be able to give commands quickly as well as talk to actors to maintain relationship with them (for spouse).

Edited by goranga

@Goranga. I think the x117 race may use a custom head mesh. However, it MAY be possible to use Reneer's method to change the skeleton for each character and thus alter body proportions. You might EVEN be able to use Growlf's body resize mod and some scripting to make them grow gradually, rather than in growth spurts. Beyond that, I don't know the details of how things work.

The more complex problem would be the way face SHAPE alters with age, as the facial parts of the skull expand relative to the brain casing. I have no idea how you'd manage to represent that - noses get bigger, and so do ears, and the whole head chages shape around puberty, especially for males.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

OK. I will explain...

I've split with the guy I make The Sex System with. That means that I can't use it and that I need to build a new one. That's why all this mess with publishing the mod. I have three choices:

1) To publish the mod without The Sex System and Pregnancy System. That would be the quickest way to publish this, but the downside is obvious.

2) I've just learned basics of animation. I don't need too much time to build some, crude, simple sex system. It will not have too much fancy features, but it can buy some time until I build the real thing and update the mod. This will be without pregnancy system.

3) To build fancy sex system and merge it with other systems. I don't know how much time I need to do this since I'm new in animations.

Another thing is that I'm going to make large pauses in modding. I don't know what to say right now about publishing the mod.

I will work on dating, then marriage and prostitution. I want to change completely how actors interact. After that I will start to build the sex system.