MAO causing crash

He previously mentioned that he heard that Streamline 3.1 was buggy, I was validating this. I had the patch, but the mod is still in development, so hopefully they'll have it covered in the future.

For my previous post, I meant have you tried a clean uninstall?

He previously mentioned that he heard that Streamline 3.1 was buggy, I was validating this. I had the patch, but the mod is still in development, so hopefully they'll have it covered in the future.

Streamline 3.1 is not really buggy. You just have to setup the INI file according to your setup, which is why my site has a page on that. The mod is not still in development either. It has been in beta status for at least a year. The mod is very stable considering what it does. Please, do not pass around hear-say about Streamline. It is a very good mod.

Streamline 3.1 is not really buggy. You just have to setup the INI file according to your setup, which is why my site has a page on that. The mod is not still in development either. It has been in beta status for at least a year. The mod is very stable considering what it does. Please, do not pass around hear-say about Streamline. It is a very good mod.

By "in development", I think I meant in the sense that there'll be later versions, like a 3.2 and such. Unless this is the final version and it's no longer being worked on.

I always modify the ini, I just have a lot of other things running as well. Streamline 3.0 works perfectly fine, so I'm not downing Streamline in any way, I'm basing it off of my experience with the 3.1 version that it bugs easily, not that it's broken. I've read plenty of comments about 3.1 that it has difficulty initializing (this is even after I had clean uninstalled the game AND modified the Streamline 3.1 ini). For the sake of keeping this from becoming an off topic debate, let it be. I'm happy with Streamline 3.0.

3.1 is the final version of Streamline, and I am still advocating that Streamline does not bug easily. Most of the complaints I read about Streamline are by user that did not know how it worked (did not read the docs.) Of those that were aware, most of the complaints are about disliking certain features (i.e., the distant fog or the settings changes.) I know plenty of users that use 3.1 configured to their liking without an issue.

Edit: If you checked the dates or were on the main forum for Streamline, you'd know that the 3.1 open beta has been a long-standing released, and that users usually advise the upgrade. Many people do not even know how to check whether or not it is actually initialized anyway... I think you should give it another try, but if 3.0 works for you, fine. Only in exceptional cases where the user's hardware made some of SL's main features detrimental and unneeded have I had users to which I recommended the 3.1beta opt not to use it. I know people that do not use it, but you are a first in my experience. I am sure plenty of users use 3.0 and 2.1 since they do not have the "beta" tag. That turns many people away from it.

Edit: I really meant it when I said "fine." 3.1 was released to fix bugs in 3.0. If you are not experiencing those, why ruin it. Your case seems to be an exception, but that is whatever it is. 3.1 seems to be the better alternative for most, and it has been around longer as well.

Edit: OP, is the game launching now. Did you try regenerating the Oblivion.ini or doing a clean boot again? What is your status?

Sorry for late reply.

I did a reinstall and the game is running again. MAO seems to still crash it though.

Here's the updated load order:

Active Mod Files:
00  Oblivion.esm
01  Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esm
02  AFC v2 Core.esm
03  CM Partners.esm
04  Lattamerv3.esm
05  Younger Hotter NPC's v1.0.esp
06  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.2.0]
07  AFC v2 Combo Chains.esp
08  AFC v2 Combat Moves.esp
09  AFC v2 Damage Text.esp
0A  AFC v2 Gauntlet Weaponry.esp
0B  AFC v2 Locational Damage.esp
0C  moDem's City Life.esp
0D  Crowded Cities 15.esp
0E  Crowded Roads Revisited.esp  [Version 1.1]
0F  Crowded Roads Revisited_GoldRoad_25.esp
10  Crowded Roads Revisited_ChorrolCheydinhal_25.esp
11  Crowded Roads Revisited_GreenRoad_25.esp
12  Crowded Roads Revisited_YellowRoad_25.esp
13  Hel Borne Spear Set.esp
14  DualWielding.esp
15  Lady Jasmine Moon.esp
16  Enhanced Quest Roleplaying.esp
17  Extended Imperial City Version 1.0.esp
18  300_White Stallion 4.esp
19  KumikoManor.esp
1A  Tona's_ModsStore.esp
1B  24HrArenaAliveV2Towers.esp
1C  ArenaExpansionv1.0.esp
1D  Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esp
1E  Roleplaying Dialogues.esp
1F  Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
20  EnchantmentMastery.esp
21  Mighty Enchants.esp
22  300ft_crime_detection-7319.esp
23  Mayu's Animation Overhaul.esp
24  LattamerV3_P-rrtyCure_Hair_Module.esp
25  CM Partners.esp
26  CM Partners Special NPCs.esp
27  CM Partners NPC.esp
28  CM Partners More NPCs.esp
29  CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp
2A  CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp
2B  bgMagicEV.esp  [Version 1.6EV]
2C  bgMagicBonus.esp  [Version 1.55EV]
2D  bgMagicAlchemy.esp  [Version 1.57]
2E  bgMagicLightningbolt.esp
2F  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
30  Streamline 3.0.esp

You checked the Bashed Patch tweak for MAO too? I really do not know enough about that mod. I have not heard about that Bash tweak being broken, but I have no clue how many users use that feature.

Yes, I amde sure that one was checked before rebuilding the bashed patch.

You wouldn't happen to have other animation mods installed would you? I would need to look inside that plugin to see what it is changing in order to figure out what is going on. It sounds like it may change the skeleton or something.

Eliminate the possibility. Try this - http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27945 <-- After installing this, if the problem persists, try unchecking the Bashed Patch tweak for MAO.

I'm using the spear animation mod, but that one only replaces default animations.

Is there a MAO thread you can post in? You can try the BethSoft forum, but I have not seen many users with it in their load orders there either...