MAO causing crash

I have Wrye Bash, but I don't know how to make a bashed patch.

I tried to modify the Author name of a new file to Bashed Patch, but the change won't stick.

Copy a fresh one out of Oblivion\Mopy\Extras.

Edit: Wrye Bash Installation Instructions - http://tesivpositive.animolious.com/index.php?page=wrye_bash#Config

Active Mod Files:
00  Oblivion.esm
01  Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esm
02  AFC v2 Core.esm
03  CM Partners.esm
04  Lattamerv3.esm
05  HrmnsOblivionScriptOptimizationv1.0.esp
06  Younger Hotter NPC's v1.0.esp
07  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.2.0]
08  AFC v2 Combo Chains.esp
09  AFC v2 Combat Moves.esp
0A  AFC v2 Damage Text.esp
0B  AFC v2 Gauntlet Weaponry.esp
0C  AFC v2 Locational Damage.esp
0D  moDem's City Life.esp
0E  Crowded Cities 15.esp
0F  Crowded Roads Advanced.esp  [Version 1.3]
10  Hel Borne Spear Set.esp
11  Lady Jasmine Moon.esp
12  Enhanced Quest Roleplaying.esp
13  Extended Imperial City Version 1.0.esp
14  300_White Stallion 4.esp
15  KumikoManor.esp
16  Tona's_ModsStore.esp
17  24HrArenaAliveV2Towers.esp
18  Enhanced Daedric Invasion.esp
19  Roleplaying Dialogues.esp
1A  Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
1B  EnchantmentMastery.esp
1C  300ft_crime_detection-7319.esp
1D  Mayu's Animation Overhaul.esp
1E  CM Partners.esp
1F  CM Partners Special NPCs.esp
20  CM Partners NPC.esp
21  CM Partners More NPCs.esp
22  CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp
23  CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp
24  bgMagicEV.esp  [Version 1.6EV]
25  bgMagicBonus.esp  [Version 1.55EV]
26  bgMagicAlchemy.esp  [Version 1.57]
27  bgMagicLightningbolt.esp
28  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
----> Delinquent MASTER: ArenaExpansionv1.0.esp
29  Streamline 3.0.esp
2A  ArenaExpansionv1.0.esp
2B  Mighty Enchants.esp
2C  DualWielding.esp

Incidentally, do you know how much a XP cd is? I'm starting to think Vista may be the fault even after I've installed the games outside program files.

Edit: I took out the Arena Expansion from the patch. It still crashes.

To avoid problems with Vista/Windows 7 you should move the Oblivion install folder outside "C:\Program Files".

For example you could put it into "C:\Games\Oblivion". This will solve problems with UAC.

Delete your current Bashed Patch.In your Oblivion folder you have Mopy. Inside Mopy is a clean Bashed Patch that you have not altered yet. Move the new Bashed Patch into your Data Folder.Activate Wrye Bash and click on the new Bashed Patch to select it, Then left click to bring up the rebuild patch option. To build the patch,select every single box and place a check in it if it has a mod you are using listed and place a check by the mod. Do this for every category. One of the categories is for MAO, some of them are empty, and do not need to be checked. When you are done you can activate the Bashed Patch and (hopefully) play Oblivion.

Delete your current Bashed Patch.In your Oblivion folder you have Mopy. Inside Mopy is a clean Bashed Patch that you have not altered yet. Move the new Bashed Patch into your Data Folder.Activate Wrye Bash and click on the new Bashed Patch to select it, Then left click to bring up the rebuild patch option. To build the patch,select every single box and place a check in it if it has a mod you are using listed and place a check by the mod. Do this for every category. One of the categories is for MAO, some of them are empty, and do not need to be checked. When you are done you can activate the Bashed Patch and (hopefully) play Oblivion.

Not all Bash options are safe or necessary. The only unsafe tweaks I am currently aware of are Import Spell Stats, but others vary by mod. There is no reason to get a fresh Bashed Patch. The OP can just uncheck things that are currently check to revert the current one, if that is even necessary.

OP, did you install Bash v285? I thought it did not allow plugins loading after the Bashed Patch to be merged. You need to sort that load order, anyway. Those plugins loading after Streamline need to move. You can use the following template to try to place them in more appropriate positions:

LO Template - http://tesivpositive.animolious.com/index.php?page=load_order#LOTemplate

If you need help, post a brief description of each plugin, and I can help you place them. If their ReadMes give information about specific compatibility issues, take those into account as well.

Did you know that there is an updated version of LAME available? That might be worth upgrading. Also, get rid of the script optimization plugin. It is buggy and not helpful at all.

Popular Outdated Mods - http://tesivpositive.animolious.com/index.php?page=popular_outdated_mods <-- Drop that crowded roads plugin, and get Crowded Roads Revisited. Did you follow my earlier instructions about the MAO Bashed Patch tweak?

That may mean that you didn't install something right to begin with or you didn't uninstall them correctly. Even if you don't have anything active, trying to start the game up isn't always going to work. It may be trying to load things it either doesn't have access to or it doesn't have all of the meshes/textures/whatever else some mods may alter from the data folder. Did you do a clean uninstall?

Btw, Streamline 3.1 wouldn't initialize for me no matter what I did.

Damn, I think Oblivion just plain died. I tried running without may mods and it's still crashing.

When is it crashing? Did you try regenerating the Oblivion.ini again? Do that. Maybe you have a codec problem. Could you please post your Dxdiag here in spoiler tags? Instructions can be found on the same page as the load order posting instructions. Also, temporarily move your Meshes and Textures folder onto your desktop or something to have something closer to a vanilla state. There is no reason to reinstall the game over this, as far as I can tell for now.

That may mean that you didn't install something right to begin with or you didn't uninstall them correctly. Even if you don't have anything active, trying to start the game up isn't always going to work. It may be trying to load things it either doesn't have access to or it doesn't have all of the meshes/textures/whatever else some mods may alter from the data folder. Did you do a clean uninstall?

Btw, Streamline 3.1 wouldn't initialize for me no matter what I did.

What does Streamline have to do with anything? Did you install the 3.1b patch after installing 3.1? If you press CTRL+HOME in-game does the menu no show up?