Error with armor export

trixigt

Hi! I've run into a problem when exporting armors - I simply can't get it right.

If there is a tutorial/thread for exporting armor/solving this problem just link it because I haven't found anything really helpful on the subject so far. I.e I'm just experimenting to get it right, which probably will take me hours, hours and more hours before I found out what I'm doing wrong..

The problem is that my armor won't show up ingame, it's transparent! I've added textures etc. but I really have no clue on how to get this to work..

Here's a capture from the editor and nifskope: http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/7443/76899791.jpg

And here's what I'm aiming for with the mod if anyones interested: http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/Satorarepo/Frock_Coat_suit.jpg?1278283023

Thx in advance :)

I'm no expert, so I really can't help with a fix. What I can say though is that a transparency issue such as you have lies with the mesh. Missing or incorrect path and the like will cause what you are seeing in game. I wish I had more skill to help, but I am quite certain it is an issue with a mesh.

Edit: I was just thinking, I could very well be wrong with my suggestion. I thought of a time where this happened to me and the one I thought of was the hgec underwear mod. What happened was that when you put them on the underwear would show up but you could not see your legs. In your image you couldn't see anything.

Now either only parts of the full bundle of meshes were missing with the hgec or I am wrong altogether.

At this point all I can say is just give it a shot, check your meshes and their paths, maybe that is the problem. I don't want to mislead you. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can weigh in and pinpoint the problem.

Thank you for answering!

I must ask you though, what do you mean by the mesh paths? In nifskope or the construction set?

I'll give it another shot now to see if I can clear anything up; This is really bugging me because I have no clue what could be wrong... Either I've done something wrong in the modeling/exporting or something else :(

I'll update if I find out whats wrong!

I once had the same problem. You could try the following. Open your mesh with blender (or other 3d program) and delete the skeleton, save and exit. Re open blender and open your saved mesh, then re import the skeleton and make the parenting and weight painting and then export it. It should work now.

If it doesn't... well then I don't know.

Ok... Now when I think about it - Is it possible that I've imported the "wrong" skeleton? Is there a specific file I should use?

I'll try to do what you said right away!

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, by path I meant where the files are located. For instance if they are supposed to be in a certain folder and maybe placed in another by mistake. The game wont read them because they aren't where the game expects them to be.

Ok, I've tracked down the problem to something with my bones setup in nifskope..

The wierd thing is that when I export from 3ds the bones are lined up in a hierarchy which they shouldn't be judging from the vanilla files! I really don't know how to work around this problem, but I am testing to rearrange the bones inside nifskope to see if theres any change.... (fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, why can't things just.... work them selves out? :P)

Good god! I got it working with only the mainbody part by messing around in the .nif file!

But.... When I tried to add the other bodyparts such as hands/arms I messed it up again - The worst thing is that I don't remember what I did to make it work...

Wtf!