WIP Inheritance Mod

Jamisicus6

My Idea is making a whole new world space (which could be accessible from a portal or made so that you HAVE to start in it i.e. Whole new game) which follows the Eragon Series of Books. You could choose what you want to do (stay in line with the events of the books or go to the kings Evil side, or even make your own way through life). Obviously this would be a huge project, with loads of new scripting and quest creation, not to mention the number of new maps we would need to make, but we already have the Game engine and the basic scripts from the original Oblivion game. I would just like to know how many people would be on board for a project like this, who thinks it would be a good idea and who thinks it is just stupid and either too large a project or a stupid idea. I only had this Idea about an hour ago so please question me if any of these points need clarifying.

This is the thread on which everyone can contribute their pieces to this overly huge and complicated mod :biggrin:

Current list of Contributors:

Jamisicus6 - Mod Merging, Scripting and quest creation (includes Quest-related Item placement)

Norinvaux - Models

BloodySahara - Maps/Cell terrain

Alonsomartinez - Models

We Now have an email address for you to contact us on. It is:

[email protected]

If you would like to apply for a voice acting part please record a short clip of your speech, attach it to an email and make the name of the email "Voice Acting application" (without Quotes). Include in the email which parts you think you could do and I or another member of the team will contact you as soon as we can.

If you would like to join the team please Email us with the subject "Join the team" and what you would like to do within the team. I am also designing a website for the project (we might be making this for a while) and I hope to include some application function into that site.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List of everything that needs to be made and submitted to me (I will provide an Email on request)

1. Worldspace (Alagaesia's outside world (Terrain, not Items, I will do that once I have models etc.))
  2. Item Models (Misc. models such as Saphira's Egg and Alagaesia related books)
  3. Sword models (Brisingr, Falchion, Dwarven Weapons, Arya's Sword, Durza's Sword, Za'roc etc.)
  4. Interior Cells (inc. dungeons, House interiors, Farthen Dur, Cities etc.)
  5. Saphira Models (at Just born, Adolescent, Fully grown (ridable from here), Fully grown armoured)
  6. Urgals

Obviously Saphira would be made as a horse model, although we could use the Akatosh mount model to begin with.

Look i can make a lot of various meshes I can make just about anything except armors make me a list of things and I will get on it I have zarroc and galbatorix and arya sword made already I will look for Durza sword

1. Once I figure out how to do so, I can help with world-spaces.

2. I can probably find/create many item models. I know many modders who already have good meshes and resources that I can simply retexture to fit perfectly, and once I get either blender or 3DS max working, I can model a bit too.

3. Looks like many swords have already been made (mostly by alonsomartinez). If needed, I still can help out with sword meshes.

4. I happen to excel at oblivion interior decorating. :P Although I can't do it very fast.

5. Once I get either blender or 3DS max working, I can easily edit the akatosh mount to fit perfectly.

6. Urgals should be relatively easy. It'll probably take a while though. Keep in mind that if I get around to making them, I'll be going by the description in the book, which differs greatly from the urgals seen in the movie (in the movie they look like humans with face paint, while in the book they have huge spiral horns, they're huge (well, the larger species of them at least) and they look a lot like goblins, but more human shaped).

Looking back on this, I just have to add that (as I have a job and school) I probably won't have the time for much of this. I'm just listing it here to say I CAN do it. I probably will if I have enough time. I'm actually looking forward to making urgals, just so I can make something that actually looks like the description says it should look like. The urgals in the movie sucked (really really bad).

For now guys I am dealing with character creation. I will be using standard Oblivion clothing and weapons for character testing but these can be easily changed if we make extra models for it later (swords, shields, armour etc.

Putting me in charge of maps and terrain is a bit more than i was trying to bite off (or even perhaps more than i can chew) , i just meant I could contribute cells that weren't directly involved in the main stuff to save you the bore. I'll attempt it, though, if you want.

Putting me in charge of maps and terrain is a bit more than i was trying to bite off (or even perhaps more than i can chew) , i just meant I could contribute cells that weren't directly involved in the main stuff to save you the bore. I'll attempt it, though, if you want.

I'm only putting you in charge of maps because you are the only one in this team who can do exterior maps at all. Nothing was meant by it. If you coul then that would be truly awesome :biggrin:

I just thought of something: How about instead of doing a whole open-world thing like Oblivion of Fallout 3 or Morrowind, we should simply make each individual exterior. Then we can make each exterior much larger and more detailed than we would be able to if it was open world. Think Dragon Age: Origins. It wasn't quite open world, but each area you could travel to was huge, and extremely well made. In Oblivion, you can walk from one side of the world to the other in about half an hour.

So, good idea? Or not so good?

I think it would make it that much more immersive. Plus it would cut out all the boring travel time. We could still have multiple camp exterior cells that you show up in as you're traveling along, and have encounters related to the quest come up randomly (such as being attacked by urgals, being taught new ancient words, and being taught to sword fight).