WIP Inheritance Mod

Jamisicus6

Isdar Milthrim wouldn't be too difficult to do although, if we could get reflections off of it that would be truly awesome.

What waterfall are you talking about? I don't think there is one in Farthen Dur...

The entrance is behind the waterfall? :o

Oh yes, now I remember. Probably a thin sheet with an animation attached (the waterfall could be a roll that spins in and infront of the cliff face, with a door behind it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found a mod that gives lethrblaka. If the moderators could please get a move on and set the file to open so I can test it out then we will have one less thing to worry about.

Really? Link!

Very nice,more mounted combat coming! (if you implent it,there are mods already done that gives you mounted combat). Have you done razacs already?

Anyways,lots of questions again:

What did you decide to do with those in-air fights? Would be good if you can use atleast bow/magic.

And how are you going to do those big fights? for example,farthen dur. Does oblivion allow you to make such a huge fights?

E: How is map making going now? do you still have problems with it?

Really? Link!

Very nice,more mounted combat coming! (if you implent it,there are mods already done that gives you mounted combat). Have you done razacs already?

Anyways,lots of questions again:

What did you decide to do with those in-air fights? Would be good if you can use atleast bow/magic.

And how are you going to do those big fights? for example,farthen dur. Does oblivion allow you to make such a huge fights?

E: How is map making going now? do you still have problems with it?

I am yet to start on the Razac. I was hoping that we could create a race mesh for them and equip them with robes that hide their faces and general body. Possibility for work to be done right now if people want to.

Mounted combat will be available with all weapons (bows, swords and magic). This would let the player choose their weapons more freely, whilst not overly increasing our workload (it would be more difficult to segregate swords than to include them)

The large battles are the main challenge. Having a full battle raging around you whilst fighting off Murtagh and Thorn could be a huge challenge, both for you and for your computer (we're talking frames per minute, not second). I haven't worked out a compromise yet, so if anyone has any suggestions then please share them.

Map making is going fine. Haven't had much time recently (revising for exams) but am making good progress. Currently making the spine with hopes for carvahall by the end of next week (the spine needs a lot of work to get right).

Good :> Could you post some in-game screens when you get some part of it done?

And what about fighting in air, is that problem solved? i think only magic and bow is fine to everyone,if you (and the other rider) can land and use your swords there.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=oblivionmods.detail&id=842

Wound effects & penalties mod,could make it more realistic,though if you add even those basic spells (like waise heill) you can heal yourself pretty fast.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14725

This would also help,or is that part even implented when eragon crafts hes sword?

That would be quest actually :turned: Like Rhunons forge etc. when you have to go to the woods around ellesmera and search for brightsteel/speak right way to the menoa tree to get that.

=D and this one,adds needs of eating and sleeping.

http://www.oblivionmodwiki.com/index.php/Primary_Needs

Just posting these links here,i dont mean that you have to use them :>

Anyways,Huge fights..i wonder how merp team did that? i've never played that mod (im going to in few days,then i can tell you) so i dont know much about it,but in F.A.Q they say that "Player can take a part to the legendary fights of lotr,like helms deep and battle of pelennor fields" and they were huge,they also said that fights are bigger than in vanilla version.

Im anyways ready to suffer some lag to get in those,if you just can implent it some way its still playable.

For huge fights you could simply play a movie. IT would be much easier, to say the least. You would simply need to somehow (through an animation program, or possibly within the oblivion engine if you have a fast computer) make an animation of many many people advancing on each other and fighting, and have Eragon join in the fighting, then at one point have Murtagh (or whoever eragon's going to fight in that battle) show up, at which point the movie ends, and it's you and the other rider fighting above either clouds or a field covered in small 2 dimensional images of soldiers and such, which from that altitude would look semi-realistic. I've actually seen this, and done this, in many games before. Mostly RPGs and JRPGs, but still, it should work well for this. We could do the same sort of thing for every battle, and every important scene that we can't do in the oblivion engine (i.e. smashing the ceiling of a building you're inside, which I faintly remember happening quite a lot whenever saphira was around.

Also, there are existing animated waterfall meshes that you could use for the surface entrance to farthen dur.

Also also, if you plan on making every city in the inheritance world, we DEFINETELY need a much larger team. Plus remember, interiors don't matter, so we should make the exteriors look as good as possible (i.e. tronjheim with huge marble pillars and such (I can, and have, retextured various meshes with marble and pearl textures), coastal cities with sprawling docks, everything dwarven-related has to be absolutely massive, and the elven cities comprised completely of tree houses as far as the eye can see (which would be easy since we can use the same model many many times).).

I believe that having the roof caving in would be possible. They did something similar to that in Knights of the Nine, where a passageway was completely blocked off.

I have to admit that the idea of having small, low poly count models fighting on the ground had ocoured to me but at the time it seemed a bit of a long term problem.

I have to admit that the idea of having small, low poly count models fighting on the ground had ocoured to me but at the time it seemed a bit of a long term problem.

Yeah,and it might be only solution to this problem. Can you add small area where you cant leave when in those big fights (theres only like 3 in the books anyways?) but you can land/fight against him there or just massacre enemy soldiers?

That didnt cause even lag :> In big fights,maybe you can share that area where it happens (Farthen Dúr,Flaming fields) to 3 parts,and you fight in one. You cant go out of it,but you still see the battle around you,and you also can fight against soldiers in your "part"

Though the air area should not be limited,maybe you can fly around but not land?

Sounds impossible to me.

What programs you are using?

E: What do you actually need? i (maybe) can do some models,not sure though.

EE: What's going on atm? Havent heard anything about you in two days :F

Thanks for the Idea, having each battle in a separate worldspace and setting up regions to stop the player from getting into the other cells to fight in them.

There is already a preprogrammed height window (very evident if you use the Akatosh mounts and fly through mountanous regions like East of Bruma) so the player can't go too high anyway.

Thanks for the Idea, having each battle in a separate worldspace and setting up regions to stop the player from getting into the other cells to fight in them.

There is already a preprogrammed height window (very evident if you use the Akatosh mounts and fly through mountanous regions like East of Bruma) so the player can't go too high anyway.

Np :> Go to the arena and look at those spectators: Would those people fighting there look exactly same? In farthen dùr,if you remember they decided to split theyre army to 3 parts,becouse there were 3 caves where they wanted to let the urgals come on to the ground. (would fit perfectly in this lets-split-area-to-3-parts style)

In flaming fields( is it flaming fields,i mean that place where eragon fight against murtagh and thorn) that could work too,but im not sure about feinster..Maybe you dont even need it there.

About that video i posted above: Imagine 40 vardens and 40 empire soldiers,even that could keep me busy for a while and give a good feeling,especially if murtagh is flying around,without lag.

Anyways,Do you have Naegling and Tamerlein models already? what else do you need?