WIP Inheritance Mod

Jamisicus6

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spectators in the arena are just 2-d pixelated models that cheer etc whenever you are in the same cell as them. This would be a good way to do it provided the player cannot approach them.

Yup. But Im glad its only a necessary in those 3 big fights ^^

Edited by Clev

Just take the spectator models and replace them with two 2D models each with a sword and shield (2D also) who alternate attacking each other, one textured to look like an imperial soldier, the other as a surdan/varden soldier. Then just take that model and make hundreds of them in an open area, and make close proximity fog of war, so the player only sees a small area of the battlefield at a certain time (which would reduce lag). Also, if you need some neat little retextures/models, I did some for kieranfoy a little while back. They're still on the nexus. The pearl-white tower may be perfect for either Teirm or Farthen Dur (probably farthen dur, as teirm doesn't really specify whether or not it's made of white or dark stone).

Links:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33312

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33394

Also check out my profile for some other things. Every once in a while I do requests for people on the forums. Some turn out pretty well, some refuse to work no matter what I do (namely my awesome looking zealot robe texture, which refuses to acknowledge my normal maps, so it shows up as black in-game).

Also also, I find that if you simply retexture a vanilla model, it looks much better, especially for people who get bored of vanilla oblivion. So, we should retexture as many resources that we're using as possible, to make it look as original as possible. Plus, retexturing is fun, unlike modelling (for me anyway), and it's relatively easy to make it look really good. IF you need something retextured but don't have the time/don't want to do it/don't know what to make it look like, let me know. I love doing stuff like that :D

Don't worry, I'm still here. Had a bit of RL trouble and couldn't get enough time to do much. I will be doing a bit less than usual for a while whilst I try to get things sorted out. Am still working out a way of charging the weapons/equipment and using that in your spells.

IF possible, would you be able to send me the model and textures of some of the swords/weapons you're using? I enjoy retexturing things, and if you retexture properly it seems like a whole new weapon. This could add a lot of diversity to the world, even if there's only maybe three or four new models.

IF possible, would you be able to send me the model and textures of some of the swords/weapons you're using? I enjoy retexturing things, and if you retexture properly it seems like a whole new weapon. This could add a lot of diversity to the world, even if there's only maybe three or four new models.

For Brisingr I am using This

And for Zarroc I am using a texture modified version of the model from Here

Hope that helped Norin