WIP Inheritance Mod

Jamisicus6

That's actually a brilliant Idea. We'd have to make sure that everything fits correctly after the final version though( this might not be so hard if we can stick to the same ESP throughout, just moving and adding new things).

Yeah, one .esp should be good. Unless people want optional parts. Whatever there's time for. Oh, also, I recently got adobe audition (an awesome sound editing program) so I could easily scrounge up some sound effects/music to replace the vanilla oblivion music, which wouldn't really fit in with the Inheritance world well. Also also, we should use new models wherever possible, to make the mod as original as possible. I might start on a rough make of Carvahal, with mostly new house meshes. Unless of course you've already started on Carvahal.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's actually a brilliant Idea. We'd have to make sure that everything fits correctly after the final version though( this might not be so hard if we can stick to the same ESP throughout, just moving and adding new things).

Yeah, one .esp should be good. Unless people want optional parts. Whatever there's time for. Oh, also, I recently got adobe audition (an awesome sound editing program) so I could easily scrounge up some sound effects/music to replace the vanilla oblivion music, which wouldn't really fit in with the Inheritance world well. Also also, we should use new models wherever possible, to make the mod as original as possible. I might start on a rough make of Carvahal, with mostly new house meshes. Unless of course you've already started on Carvahal.

I haven't started on anything but character creation. I will need a copy of Carvahall once you've made it so I can place all the necessary characters.

• 3 weeks later...
Just to make sure that everyone knows that this mod is still Active. I've been hard at work since my last post and have all the characters that will be needed (i.e. no extras as of yet) from Book 1 made and ready to go. All I need is a landscape and I can get to work with quests etc. I have also started to make the landscape. Its a bit bigger than tamriel but it needs to be to be honest. Anything smaller just doesn't give it enough scope and scale. At Several points in the books Eragon takes a huge risk and spends several days travelling to learn new things. I needed this to be conveyed.

I started work on a prototype carvahal, but my CS crashed after about 3 hour's work, and I didn't save any time except for when I started. So... yeah. Other than that I haven't been doing anything, as I've been at work almost every freaking day for the past month or so.

I started work on a prototype carvahal, but my CS crashed after about 3 hour's work, and I didn't save any time except for when I started. So... yeah. Other than that I haven't been doing anything, as I've been at work almost every freaking day for the past month or so.

Similar thing happened to me. Managed to get every character from book 2 made and polished with some of the important items as the damn plugin got corrupted so it wouldn't let me save anything. Fortunately I'd been saving in a backup file quite regularly so I only lost about an Hour and a half's work. I've been working on a Heightmap of Alagaesia and the hadarac desert is roughly the size of tamriel :biggrin:

Ok then. The world map I currently have planned will be roughly 2 and a half time longer and two times taller that the Tamriel map. This mean that it will take up around 32 Cell blocks in comparison to the original 6. I have got a map from the internet, printed it off and drawn some lines to simulate these blocks and their boundaries. I am now well on the way to doing the Island of Vorengard and the city of Narda in the first block and will make my way south along the coast. I won't deal with interiors yet but I have done a little on the quests (as much as I can without reference characters and points) and have done all of the standard, mountable Saphira's that have no armour. This includes Dialogue options and any updated parts throughout the questline (hints and tips that she could give) I haven't tried to incorporate a mounted combat function yet but that can be sorted later on or in a later release.

I WILL NEED VOICE ACTORS AT SOME POINT!!!! If you are interested please PM me and I can sort out parts etc. But for now no voices, subtitles and stock voices are doing fine.

I have also done what I would call a B-e-a-utiful retexture of the Zar'roc model released earlier by a modder (sorry mate I forgot your name but I will include you in the Credits with the mod) and am currently creating a .NIF of Brisingr (from various sources on the web). This last part is not going so well as my modelling knowledge extends as far as Google Sketchup and I am really bad at it. If anyone has a link to either a already created model or can make one I would be very thankful.

Other than that, all major characters from the first two books have been created (but not dialoged yet, I need to do more of the quest to get to that part) and are ready to go apart from those who still need an item (sword, ring etc.)

I said I would help so I will I will upload arya's sword and durzas sword and link me to brisingr if you want me to make it

Here are a load of picture of Brisingr (these are all fan images that I think look about right as an actual description of the shape of the blade was never released).

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090119093443/inheritance/images/8/83/Brisingr2.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:O_ifAkpsnC1zuM:http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/sodawars/Brisingr.jpg&t=1

If you create a basic texture map for me (I.E. full normal map with some basic colour textures on it) I can finish the textures (I've found that I'm rather good at it)

I found a decent model of Arya's sword from TESNexus, I Can't remember whose it was but it was sort of lightening bolt shaped. As for durza's sword, If you can find the version of it (just search eragon) you could make a normal map for the Durza's sword resource in the file. the sword itself looks pretty good but shows up as purple when placed in game.

Ive already made durzas and aryas sword and textured them and I will make brisingr and give it a fire effect

Found the author of the Swords I have been using for in house testing. They were by SithDagger. Thanks Very much to him for those.

The fire effect on Brisingr could be put on as long as I can have a copy of both the fired and unfired versions due to some scripting I created. The Script allows you to press B whilst Brisingr is equipped and adds on a fired version which has flame damage and a drain magika Enchantment. Great fun trying to create the scripting for that little monster.