WIP Inheritance Mod

Jamisicus6

Unfortunately I will not be active for the duration of Next week (I will be back on Saturday 21st). However, Whilst I am gone, feel free to create any of the following Items.

• Brisingr
  • Saphira's Egg
  • Static Dragon Armor (Armor on a stand)

Thanks Guys. See you soon.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of egg are we talking about here? The egg in the movie looked too much like, well, an egg to me. In the book, multiple people mistake it for a large gemstone, so I think if you make the egg you should make it kind-of jagged-looking. Still egg shaped, but an egg made out of flat diamond-shaped faces, instead of completely smooth as portrayed in the movie.

Also, if anybody needs help in texturing, I've become quite good at making some pretty awesome-looking textures for, well, pretty much anything. Actually, if alonsomartinez is making the egg, would you maybe be able to leave the texturing to me? I want to test out a few new gem-looking textures I found online that could be put to use.

A competition then? Haha, as long as I get to test out my new shiny-object skills :P

Wait, should the egg be shiny? Or should it be normal, like most things already in oblivion.

EDIT: Nevermind about the shiny or not thing. Not-shiny is not an option. I was just fooling around with the vanilla sapphire gem (the clutter item) and it turns out the shiny-ness is the only thing making it not look like crap. Well, that and the model. The vanilla sapphire looks really cool, but it's texture is a solid colour. Without the shiny effect, it looks like crap.

Alonsomartinez, are you going to make it shiny, or shall I?

I'm Back everyone.

Getting straight back into this and starting work on the landscaping of vroengard whilst listening to Don't Stop me now by Queen. should have that done by at least monday (giving myself a HUGE time to do it in so I don't rush it. this will possibly be the one place that people would want to visit in some detail).

Can whomever changed the Email account password please either send myself and every other member of the team the new one or change it back to its original setting. It doesn't need to be superly secured which is why I chose the password I did.

• 2 weeks later...

You should ask if you can use the resources of elsweyr annequina for the desert areas. Those deserts in that mod look awesome, and would be perfect for the hadarac.

Good Call. I will try to contact them to get permission (the Mod is currently set as hidden). Unfortunately, that will mean that I would have to take that desert and build Alagaesia around it (a task that I would much rather avoid due to possible inconsistencies).

I meant simply use the tilesets and rocks and such that elsweyr used :P

I still haven't gotten the hang of tilesets, or any landscape editing aside from manually placing every plant/rock, but I'm pretty sure you could use their tileset that will auto generate most trees and grass and such. It would be useful for fields too.

Also, I just though of something: du Weldenvarden. It's going to be hard replicating that dense forest; if you have too many trees, it will crash the game or make it laggy as hell, even on the best systems. Although you could probably just make a thick line of trees all the way around the traversible areas (paths, elesmera, and the like) and have invisible barriers blocking entrance to behind the trees, so you could have empty expanses behind the trees that nobody would see without cheating.