WIP Inheritance Mod

Jamisicus6

Thanks! Quick answers.

I love that huge map! I love games based on free travelling and exploring,not teleporting and smashing everything that moves..and so do many people: If you do this well,you're going to have many players,becouse (as i said) there's no eragon games released/even planning to do,but much of people are interested.

Im sure you know that already,but still :whistling:

Apa,that's pretty good idea: I've been thinking it myself too. Galbatorix still have one not-hatched dragon egg (or two,if this takes place to first book). And yeah,i know its green , but maybe it could randomise in this mod? Anyways,maybe first quest would be something like this:

First you can just wander around doing what you want,exploring alagaesia etc. or then you can just go straight to the Nasuada. She tells you the story of the dragonriders, and also that Galbatorix still has two Dragon eggs. Becouse your powerful,intelligent and so good looking (err,maybe we leave that last part :biggrin: ) she sends you to rescue those two eggs. After riding to uru'baen and fighting and sneaking and such a things you unfortunately manage to save only White/Blue/Red/Brown egg (depends which random color computer gives you)

When returning to Nasuada,egg hatches to you. Now you just have to decide what do you wanna do: Return to nasuada (so join to the varden and help eragon), going back to Galbatorix (which means you beg his forgiveness and join to empire,and help murtagh in future) Or then just run away with the dragon,though it means that both (varden,the empire) are trying to catch and make you to join them.

These are just my ideas,the way i would like to play :wink: I know you guys have already done lots of work.

And please,make dragons well :> Those akatosh mounts are nice,but in inheritance cycle (as you know,surely) they have 4 legs and they are thicker etc. you know what i mean ;) I just want to be sure this mod is going to be that what i've been waiting many years..Im sorry if i bother you.

E: Oh,just noticed your message jami :o well,i like that system too.

I was hoping to avoid using the final egg in this mod so that I can release an update to it once Paolini uses it in the final book.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure he will release it before we're done. :P

The reason why you really cant be Eragon I think is because of the LARGE battles that takes place, there's just no way to replicate them, expecially the one in the second book (only know the Swedish name of it) were he fights Murtagh (that was his name right?). I think we will get trouble with another dragon flying cause there's no such function in the CS as flying.

I must sound negative now but I'm not. One other point with being Eragon that would destroy most of the fun is that you (if you have read the books) already know what is going to happen. "Oh no! The Urgals are comming. I did NOT expect that." I think you see what I mean. :P

I must sound negative now but I'm not. One other point with being Eragon that would destroy most of the fun is that you (if you have read the books) already know what is going to happen. "Oh no! The Urgals are comming. I did NOT expect that." I think you see what I mean. :P

That's why you should be the last rider :> Becouse you already know what is going to happen if you play as Eragon.

Would be fun to create my own adventure,not just follow the line paolini created. Dont you think this is a perfect place to do it that way,when theres still one egg without a rider?

E: Do you mean there's not going to be in-air fights? :pinch:

That's why you should be the last rider :> Becouse you already know what is going to happen if you play as Eragon.

Would be fun to create my own adventure,not just follow the line paolini created. Dont you think this is a perfect place to do such a thing,when theres still one egg without a rider?

E: Do you mean there's not going to be in-air fights? :pinch:

In-air fights sounds like trouble in my ears. :wink:

But I dont really like the idea of taking the last egg for our mod as well, as Paolini surely has some plan for it in the last book. I like the idea of you just choosing a side and then the quest goes with the side you have chosen, but we shall see...

I agree with all of that. One possibility is that you play within the Eragon universe, meeting important people from the books, but you don't follow the storyline, allowing us more freedom to pick and choose in regards to the quest line. It would also remove the predictability of following the story.

Although the current limitations of the system prevent us from mounted combat, there are ways around it (deadly reflexes did it a while back). I don't think that swords would be much use, leaving us with magic and arrows, both of which could be easily implemented. Looking forward to working with you both. If you feel like it, start making a basic questline for us, all of the major places can be used and most of the minor ones.

I agree with all of that. One possibility is that you play within the Eragon universe, meeting important people from the books, but you don't follow the storyline, allowing us more freedom to pick and choose in regards to the quest line. It would also remove the predictability of following the story.

Although the current limitations of the system prevent us from mounted combat, there are ways around it (deadly reflexes did it a while back). I don't think that swords would be much use, leaving us with magic and arrows, both of which could be easily implemented. Looking forward to working with you both. If you feel like it, start making a basic questline for us, all of the major places can be used and most of the minor ones.

Can start working on a questline. Have you seen my email I sent to the address on the first page?

Can start working on a questline. Have you seen my email I sent to the address on the first page?

Are you talking to me? :o

If,Sure! I cant do much atm,maybe texturing in the future,but not now. Still,maybe i could be somekinda idea giver,help with those forums (Im talking about that below) and such a things so you can focus on making the mod. I wanna be sure that you get this done.

Anyways,I think you should create "home/place etc " to somewhere for this (sorry,cant find right word) like http://www.moddb.com/ So you can have more game talk,fans and people to work with you! I would like to do somekinda F.A.Q (just some basic questions) too,if you are ready to answer them. And later you can upload some pictures there too,if you want.

Sorry I've been gone for a while.

Hmm, seems as though the entire base of the mod has changed... Haha, ah well. :P

I'm still here if you need anything done. Just PM me. I can model somewhat, though I rarely get the time to, I can texture well, I can decorate and design towns and such, but I can't make dialogue if my life depended on it.

Also,

Are you talking to me? :o

I don't think he was talking to you. The quote is of jamiscus6, so I'm guessing he was talking to him.