WIP Inheritance Mod

Jamisicus6

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh,okay :P

Anyways,i cant play oblivion atm,becouse of my computer. Though,if im lucky i might get my old and better one working :>

Although the current limitations of the system prevent us from mounted combat, there are ways around it (deadly reflexes did it a while back). I don't think that swords would be much use, leaving us with magic and arrows, both of which could be easily implemented.

So what does this actually mean? Is there going to be mounted combat at all?

Actually eragon himself said something like that in the books..that when he's riding,only enemies that he can fight are Kulls (those are over 2m tall) and in the fight in farthen dur he mainly used he's bow and magic.

But against other rider..would be good if you could use your sword too.

Actually eragon himself said something like that in the books..that when he's riding,only enemies that he can fight are Kulls (those are over 2m tall) and in the fight in farthen dur he mainly used he's bow and magic.

I don't know what we can put together. It would make it easier if we could increase the range on your current weapon, but that would involve us making a copy of every single weapon, increasing its range and scripting it to replace the original weapon whilst flying. Mounted combat with magic or bows would be easier to do.

I don't know what we can put together. It would make it easier if we could increase the range on your current weapon, but that would involve us making a copy of every single weapon, increasing its range and scripting it to replace the original weapon whilst flying. Mounted combat with magic or bows would be easier to do.

Why i cant see the problem :o

Cant you just slash and chop,like on the ground?

Maybe becouse of my english and that fact that i've never played oblivion before :F

Setting up a system where the player character can use mounted sword fighting in an enviroment with huge spaces involved is just too much of a task. The range of the weapons is just too small. You'd spend more time chasing your enemy than you would attacking them.

Setting up a system where the player character can use mounted sword fighting in an enviroment with huge spaces involved is just too much of a task. The range of the weapons is just too small. You'd spend more time chasing your enemy than you would attacking them.

Hmm.

Now i get the problem,but not really the reason why it appears :wacko: When both of the players (npc and player controlled one) are trying to kill and attack to each other,why would that happen? I mean,flying around and chasing the other rider when he tries to catch you up too ( again,cant find the right word,but i hope you understand what i mean)

Thanks for explaining :happy:

Although conceptually not a bad idea, Mounted sword combat on dragons is infeasible with the current oblivion system. The mounts that I am planning to use simply cannot turn fast enough for it to be of any use.

Oh,okay :> Well that does'nt even matter really,becouse fights against the other riders are going to be pretty rare.. Theres only Murtagh and Galbatorix atm.

Does same problem appear when your mounting your dragon on a ground ? (though that's not really a necessary when you cant really kill anything expect kulls)

Mhey,something just came into my mind.. But first i must know that where is this mod actually taking its place? i mean,which book/s?

E: What ever,the question:

What happens after i "finish" the main quest line ?

Mhey,something just came into my mind.. But first i must know that where is this mod actually taking its place? i mean,which book/s?

I was planning to have it set throughout all three books (i.e. the events of all four books are happening as you progress through the questline.)