WIP Inheritance Mod

Jamisicus6

Mhey,something just came into my mind.. But first i must know that where is this mod actually taking its place? i mean,which book/s?

I was planning to have it set throughout all three books (i.e. the events of all four books are happening as you progress through the questline.)

That's really good! You can see the question above =d I edited it in to the last post

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit more work has been done on the mod, but the CS closed before I could save it. I only lost the region around Narda and it was becoming a problem anyway so not too much of a set back.

So you're making narda already :> good. What about other members of this team? What are they doing?

Anyways, i wonder how you're going to make Farthen dúr. It's huge and surely difficult to make.

I've noticed the CS really doesn't like it when you have multiple master files, or change cells multiple times, or do any sort of world/dialogue editing, or really anything aside from editing weapon stats. It frequently crashes on me, especially if I'm trying to compile a script.

OH, and Clev, the oblivion combat system is already fairly annoying for range. Fighting on a dragon would be near impossible, never mind getting the ability to fight mounted anyway (vanilla oblivion has no mounted combat, and all attempts to make mounted melee combat have failed more or less). The melee combat range problem comes from every sword having a fixed range (say, 1 sword length). This means essentially your character is swinging the sword without the arm length affecting anything. Picture having a sword fight with 10 inch arms. On a dragon, even with the weapon range increased, it would look ridiculous, as the sword would swing right in from of the character, and a guy 10 feet away would suddenly get damaged. In real life, most attacks with a sword would be lunges forward, making your range be weapon length+arm length. In oblivion pretty much all attacks are slashes that would only hit people about a foot away from you. So, useless on a dragon.

Oops. sorry, seems I'm rambling. Anyway, keep up the (probably) good work, Jamisicus6! Also, are you going to use a static model for helgrind or make it from the landscape? (if landscape it would look funny when far away :P).

Also, are you going to use a static model for helgrind or make it from the landscape? (if landscape it would look funny when far away :P).

Haven't really thought that far east yet. Will work that out when I get to it I suppose. Without it being landscape, surely the LOD Map wouldn't register it and it would be completely ignored.

Hey again :>

First of all,Sorry becouse of bothering you with this again :happy: Just wanted to ask if someone of you could post some pictures about those models/etc

Like Brisingr,Saphira,Saphiras egg..you get the idea.

Im just so Excited about this,and the beta is still months away :>

Not now,but maybe when you have time you could took some :>

I will try to take some later on today. We are currently using the Akatosh mount NIF Model, but as people have already said, this looks nothing like how Saphira is described in the books. Finding an alternative with riding capabilities will be a task for later on, for now the Akatosh mounts will do.

We are also using a model of Zarroc and Brisingr, but they are currently identical. I am working on fixing this but Brisingr is a difficult weapon to model (especially so for me, as I cannot model to save my life, textures I can do though if given a basic idea of what the texture should look like) so if someone else on the team can start on this I would be very grateful. An image of the sword can be found at the link at the end of this message.

Hope to get along to the west edge of the hadarac over the weekend, possibly further if I can.

Brisingr link:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090119093443/inheritance/images/8/83/Brisingr2.jpg

Anyone who can please get an NIF with a basic texture map (just the outline at least) and I will finish it off.