Modifying Recorded Dialouge

I may consider buying the program. I'm pretty satisfied with the current audio quality but I would like to see what SoundForge can do. Maybe you can email me audio files or something. Have a voice then maybe two or three other versions of that voice that you have altered. That would give me a much better idea of whether to purchase it or not. Thanks for the info btw those are some nice tips. *Kudos*

I may consider buying the program. I'm pretty satisfied with the current audio quality but I would like to see what SoundForge can do. Maybe you can email me audio files or something. Have a voice then maybe two or three other versions of that voice that you have altered. That would give me a much better idea of whether to purchase it or not. Thanks for the info btw those are some nice tips. *Kudos*

I hesitate to recommend that you buy a program when the free one that you already have is probably sufficient at this point. I only brought up SoundForge because it is the one with which I am familiar. The key is learning to use the tools that are available to you, not seeking out even better tools that you still don't know how to use. I found this site that discusses Audacity and Pitch, Amplitude, and Waves. I am sure that there are more resources like it that will help you get the most out of your program.

If you want to spend money then I would recommend that you first invest in the front end sound sensor and get a good but simple condensor microphone for your PC. ( Garbage In, Garbage Out, as they say.) Then as you learn to get the best results from your input, you can experiment with your source data by manipulating it with your software. Again, don't go overboard on the price of the mike. You could end up like the guy who spends big money on a camera because it is just like the one used by a National Geographic photographer, and yet still gets his fingertips in his photos. Upgrade your equipment as your requirements demand it.

You can also get some clean sounds from sites like the Freesound Project and use them as source material for experimentation. If you end up using sounds you find in their library, they ask to be given credit, much like modders in the Nexus library.

So my dilemma is: what programs can I use to edit my voice and make it sound like somebody elses?

Hi, You seems to have got many good advices to the record part and personally I like Audacity too. You can add some filters to the record that change the voice to something else, but I have not located any more realistic ones to use for Audacity.

If we speak of real time morphing of voices one interesting product is the application MorphVOX here ScreamingBee . They have a Junior version for free and a Pro for 7 days demo test. Have a look it might be what you would like to use.

So my dilemma is: what programs can I use to edit my voice and make it sound like somebody elses?

Hi, You seems to have got many good advices to the record part and personally I like Audacity too. You can add some filters to the record that change the voice to something else, but I have not located any more realistic ones to use for Audacity.

If we speak of real time morphing of voices one interesting product is the application MorphVOX here ScreamingBee . They have a Junior version for free and a Pro for 7 days demo test. Have a look it might be what you would like to use.

I remember looking at that program before and deciding I could do better, but what the hell I'll give it a go! Thanks for the info guys it helped a lot actually :D