Need help changing textures

Leold

Hello,

Recently, and partly due to the great advance in oblivion mod making that is OBME, I've decided to try my hand at modding. I'm ok with the CS though I haven't tried using scripts yet, but I've begun adding a few new spells with the help of OBME.

I created my own magic effect based off of the Damage Health effect, but I'm a bit stuck now. I wanted to simply change the coloration of the effect from red to blue, but its much more difficult than I'd anticipated. I read a few tutorials about nifskope, DDS converter, NIBLE, and some others but nothing seems to really cover changing the colors of spell effects, most are armor or objects being re-textured.

When I open the destruction.nif file using nifskope, I don't see any color at all, just a vague outline of the effect uisng line segments. I'm wondering if I'm even in the right viewing window in nifskope because the tutorials show the full image shown and I'm only getting the mesh.

I'm assuming that the lack of info on this topic might be because the spell effects were pretty difficult to change before OBME. If anyone can offer any advice on how this can be done, any tutorials that might better help me figure this out or if I'm even using nifskope correctly, please reply when you can.

Thanks all

Leold

Mmm not sure magic effect can be dealt with like that, it's probably more than certainly a special nif branch like particles and stuff...

If you're still working on that, PM me (I'm a bit oblivious :sweat: ) and I'll see what I can find.

Cheers,

Grumpf.