Superstitions

Keanumoreira

I feel as if Im constantly being watched. Its actually more annoying than it is scary

I feel as if Im constantly being watched. Its actually more annoying than it is scary

I get that feeling all the time when I'm alone at night at my house...Creepy. :unsure:

Yea it isn't fun when Im playing FO3 and a ghoul sneaks up on me

I hate that. They just come out of nowhere, and when you hear that familair pitter patter your like "Oh damn, here we go again."

Yea it isn't fun when Im playing FO3 and a ghoul sneaks up on me

I hate that. They just come out of nowhere, and when you hear that familair pitter patter your like "Oh damn, here we go again."

Well it's even worst in 1st person than it is in 3rd person because right when you turn around theres usually something there

I carry a lucky rock and a lucky coin. I feel like bad things tend to happen if I don't have them with me- it sounds pretty silly, even to me, but that's how it is. I used to have a second lucky rock, and a little nagging corner of my mind still thinks that it breaking was the reason for a particularly nasty streak of bad luck. Same for when my coin was stolen- I spent a number of years kicking myself over its loss until I found an identical replacement (same year, same mint, and I even went so far as to exactly reproduce the tiny indentations on the face- made by striking the edge of another coin).

I feel compelled to do certain things in multiples of either five or four (which number depends on what it's being used for), and get a feeling of unease when I fail to do so. I used to be very particular about going to bed clean, but Real Life forced me to take showers earlier in the day so I had to get over that rather abruptly (it was never a problem on camping trips, oddly enough). I also refuse to finish games of solitaire unless the aces are ordered in a particular way. I consider it a bad omen if I get a song I hate stuck in my head. Anymore, I can't find the inspiration to write unless I undertake a little preparation ritual (usually consisting of a brief meditation, pouring myself a drink, lighting some incense, and listening to a few songs I associate with whatever project I'm working on) before sitting down to work. I can't get anything productive at all done if someone else is facing me, even if they can't see what I'm doing- even if they're not looking at me in particular but rather in my general direction. I am so terrified of public speaking that I can't give a presentation to even a small group of people unless someone else is working with me... and just forget presenting anything I've written; I had an outright panic attack and nearly passed out last time I tried that. The list goes on and on... I even used to do my level best not to step on any sidewalk cracks, though I've been over that one for years and years.

I guess I have to call myself superstitious. :sweat:

I carry a lucky rock and a lucky coin. I feel like bad things tend to happen if I don't have them with me- it sounds pretty silly, even to me, but that's how it is. I used to have a second lucky rock, and a little nagging corner of my mind still thinks that it breaking was the reason for a particularly nasty streak of bad luck. Same for when my coin was stolen- I spent a number of years kicking myself over its loss until I found an identical replacement (same year, same mint, and I even went so far as to exactly reproduce the tiny indentations on the face- made by striking the edge of another coin).

I feel compelled to do certain things in multiples of either five or four (which number depends on what it's being used for), and get a feeling of unease when I fail to do so. I used to be very particular about going to bed clean, but Real Life forced me to take showers earlier in the day so I had to get over that rather abruptly (it was never a problem on camping trips, oddly enough). I also refuse to finish games of solitaire unless the aces are ordered in a particular way. I consider it a bad omen if I get a song I hate stuck in my head. Anymore, I can't find the inspiration to write unless I undertake a little preparation ritual (usually consisting of a brief meditation, pouring myself a drink, lighting some incense, and listening to a few songs I associate with whatever project I'm working on) before sitting down to work. I can't get anything productive at all done if someone else is facing me, even if they can't see what I'm doing- even if they're not looking at me in particular but rather in my general direction. I am so terrified of public speaking that I can't give a presentation to even a small group of people unless someone else is working with me... and just forget presenting anything I've written; I had an outright panic attack and nearly passed out last time I tried that. The list goes on and on... I even used to do my level best not to step on any sidewalk cracks, though I've been over that one for years and years.

I guess I have to call myself superstitious. :sweat:

Some of that is superstitious, but others such as fear of public speaking, and can't concentrate on something when somebody else is in the room, I get those feelings too sometimes so their normal.