Enhanced companions

Sloub

Hello everyone,

The title refers to the mod that wears the same name. It could happens that the author find his way to this topic and decide to update his mod.

But anyway I invite everybody who masters moding stuff to try making this mod.

Also, I hope this new mod could be integrated to Fallout wanderers edition, but this is another matter.

Since I like partying in rpg, I would like to make a mod that improves the way players can interact with companions and one that adds some new features.

Some of the features listed are already available on other mod, but the idea is to combine everything in only one mod.

Already Available in Enhanced Companions and Follow Hire (just need to combine those two mods):

All those should be configurable so that player can decide how works recruitment.

- Companions limit: unlimited, half charisma, only one.

- Karma check / No karma check

- Limited ammunitions for companions

New:

- Weapons set: the player choose some weapon set for companions.

For example:

set 1 = fists

set 2 = pistol

set 3 = minigun

- Agressive / Defensive mood (companion always engage / never does before player or being attacked).

- New formation: I dont like the way companions fallow up the player (they form a line). Could be very nice if they were more close, at the sides of the player etc. Maybe add a function to tell em what formation to take?

- More realistic/charismatic companions:

_ Jericho

trait: addicted to alcohol (suffers bad buff when he doesnt drink alcohol each 5-6 hours).

Butch (BUTCH doesnt appear in FWE, fix that please!)

trait: as*hole, when fighting against 3+ super mutants butch is holding back)

perk: 1 handed (dont like two handed weapons).

keylogger: can hack easy protected computers (it will take 20 seconds to bypass security), player can then use the computer.

affinty: cant party up with veteran.

Charon

perk: radiocative fountain, when he drinks water he pisses out very radiocative water

he will sometimes ask you to give him water, and then, he gonna piss out radiocative water in bottle, then when he is fighting, he gonna drink his piss so that he is healed. how awesome is that??

affinity: cant party up if dogmeat is already in party (charon stinks too much for dogmeat).

Fawkes

trait: glutton, he needs to eat food often if not he suffers bad buff (makes him slower) each 5-6 hours.

farter, he farts often (and then he says "I heard something").

quest: upgrade armor (leather armor), only if player have 100 in repair.

perk: doors breaker, he can destroy wooden doors by charging in (hard to code I suppose >.>)

skull breaker, very efficiant in melee combat.

Clover

trait: ... she is Clover, she doesnt need that.

perk: two handed (ability to wears two one handed weapons).

affinity: cant party up if Elvis ("The sniper") is already in pt.

Star Paladin Cross:

trait:

perk:

affinity: would say she doesnt want to join party if Jericho is already in, but since I use both of em... but anw sounds fair.

The robot & dogmeat: dont like those, maybe autodestruction perk could suits the robot :p

Btw dogmeat doesnt want to pt up with Charon.

NEW COMPANIONs:

Elvis "The sniper" (good karma). Can be found in Megaton.

I was thinking about one guy very suited for snipers, a npc with high perception and high precision.

trait: he is supersticious he doesnt leave his hat. That maybe us the meaning of his awesomness with sniper guns.

he also recites bible verses (about apocalypse and redemption).

affinity: he doesnt want to party up if Clover is in party (interesting for ppl like me who use no karma check).

Appearance: you know that sniper from Borderlands? could be cool to make him looks like that.

skills: small guns, sneak, unarmed.

Blackpearl "The veteran" (neutral). Can be found in the museum (ghoul city).

The guy is a former high ranked mercenary from Talon company. He dismissed cause of a betrayal.

trait: while fighting is not only focusing on ennemies but also taking care of his comrades, he kinda gives orders (he speaks about formation, assault, cover...).

perk: Veteran, he inspires moral in the men he is fighting alongside (giving you more ap??).

affinity: he doesnt want to pair up with cowards that means Butch.

appearance: tall (like Charon) black men, maybe a lil fat.

To recruit him: he says he is the one who brang Raylee in the city, if you manage to wake up Raylee and activate her quest, when you go back to Blackpearl and tell him you gonna help Raylee with her problem, he offers you his help.

I think some things are a little vague (Fawkes quest for upgrading armor...) and I would be happy to discuss about those if someone is interested in making this mod.

I will keep an eye on this topic and update it with other suggestions time to time.