Spoil Me: Tell me about what happens in Leliana's Song...

SpellAndShield

To sum up, you start wreaking havoc in the Denerim Market with a few quests to have fun with. Then you meet back up with Marjolaine who takes you to the Arl's Estate (city elf and freeing Anora castlemaps) to plant some evidence on an important person. Wreak a little more havoc on the way. Get to the room to discover the papers are actually Orlesian military documents. Bring this up to Marjolaine (who has a habit of disappearing and reappearing a lot much to the fun commentary of your two cohorts) and you go back to the hideout (Marjolaine's home in Origins). Tell her it's treason and you need to get the papers back. She takes you back to get them, and then the betrayal. Marjolaine stabs you, and with the help of the "important" person you were trying to frame earlier, imprisoned with your two cohorts. A revered mother from Orlais helps free you, and in the process of getting out of the dungeon (freeing Anora map again) discover one friend dead and another alive. Gain a new friend to escape back to the Chantry. Revered Mother from Orlais explains the origins of the papers, and tells you the location to find Marjolaine and ealier said "important" person. (maps from Awakening) Let new friend exact revenge on important person, and you confront Marjolaine. She narrates that the ending between Marjolaine and herself she holds secret. End back at Chantry smiling at statue of Andraste.

The entire story is told in the narrative, including the codex entries. (top of each entry says "...as I remember") There is also a huge character switch in Leliana that is explained here in the DLC but only eluded to in Origins. Plus the betrayal itself was extremely well done, to the point that if you did not sympathize with her before, you will now.

Nice summary dan :thumbsup:

Too true! Great fun, but no surprises left now... o_O

As another poster mentioned elsewhere, the re-use of the environments was very skillfully done. Even the Denerim Marketplace "felt" new. And there was a lot of character/plot development (my favorite element of any RPG) done over the course of a few hours of game play: a little over 4 total for me. Thought I did/tried everything, but may have missed a few bits... (And I still have to go back and figure out where I missed getting one of the achievements! ;D )

Nice summary dan :thumbsup:

Too true! Great fun, but no surprises left now... o_O

As another poster mentioned elsewhere, the re-use of the environments was very skillfully done. Even the Denerim Marketplace "felt" new. And there was a lot of character/plot development (my favorite element of any RPG) done over the course of a few hours of game play: a little over 4 total for me. Thought I did/tried everything, but may have missed a few bits... (And I still have to go back and figure out where I missed getting one of the achievements! ;D )

Oh, there a quite a few left. :whistling: Most of what suprises there are exist in the details. True, the main plotline I gave away, but it's the details that made this stand above and beyond the other DLC's of late. I actually think this has more detail and story than all of Awakening. :biggrin:

Thandal, if it's the Destroy Eams Career achievment, I figured it out. (happy dance)

Yeah, that's the one! I'll have to give it another go. I get "Quest Updated" messages galore, and have tried leaving him with everything, and nothing. Have left the undies on the board, the body in the well, and the ring in his pocket. Haven't tried giving him anything from the merchants' chests yet.

It's starting to feel like the bridge in The Gauntlet, (I gave up after about 30 mins and found an illustrated walkthrough. Now I use that every time.) I just don't care to try every possible combination of seemingly random objects, one after the other, in order to accidently "discover" the right one. The game should give me a bit more to go on. :verymad:

Thandal, if it's the Destroy Eams Career achievment, I figured it out. (happy dance)

Yeah, that's the one! I'll have to give it another go. I get "Quest Updated" messages galore, and have tried leaving him with everything, and nothing. Have left the undies on the board, the body in the well, and the ring in his pocket. Haven't tried giving him anything from the merchants' chests yet.

It's starting to feel like the bridge in The Gauntlet, (I gave up after about 30 mins and found an illustrated walkthrough. Now I use that every time.) I just don't care to try every possible combination of seemingly random objects, one after the other, in order to accidently "discover" the right one. The game should give me a bit more to go on. :verymad:

Give him everything you can get, and I mean everything. :biggrin:

Give him everything you can get, and I mean everything. :biggrin:

OK, finally had success. A big "TY" to Dan. But sheesh! You'd think the outlaw Mage's Collective signet ring would'a been enough to ruin a member of the Guard... :turned: Besides, I think the Bann's unmentionables looked adorable hanging on the Chanter's Board! :biggrin:

Thandal,

Yeah, I had fun doing that to. Plus, I was keeping the mage ring for Sketch since it had some good attributes on it. Now that the achievment is done, next time it's back to undies on the board, body in the well, etc just for the fun of it. :whistling: